Urban Decay Naked Illuminated

Urban Decay Naked Illuminated

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/4/2017 7:18:00 AM

Horrible highlighter. Chalky, hardly any pigment, just glitter glitter glitter. I bought this on sale and now I know why. Also bought the highlight trio-awful. Worst excuse of a highlighter ever.

I have this in the shade Aura and also i have the holiday illuminating trio palette. I had no intentions of writing a review on this/these products bc they are good products and i have had no complaints, but i have read a lot of negative reviews claiming it was a bad 'highlighter' or it wasnt pigmented enough or it was to glittery...please understand that this/these are not highlighters or intended to be used soley for highlighting...these are illuminating products. It is so easy to confuse the two. But if you purchase this expecting a great highlighter you might be dissapointed. However if you purchase this to layer over your highlight or use to dust over the high points of your face so that thr light catches them, use on your neck and chest, even on your shoulders and down the front of your legs then you will be well satisfied...the glitter isnt chunky and it catches thr light in beautiful ways. They are good products if you use them for their intended purposes.

on 9/22/2016 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is possibly the worst highlighter on the market. I say this as a huge UD fan -- I own two of their eye shadow palettes.

I bought Aura and Lit. Aura is a peach reminiscent of Nars Orgasm. Lit is a champagne. They swatched beautifully on my fingers and the pigment payoff was amazing. Again, on my fingers.

When I actually purchased and applied, they had zero pigment. None. Didn't show up on my face at all. Who applies highlighters with their fingers? That's what I'd have to do to get this to show up on my face.

Both went on dry, felt extremely dry and tight on my face, and accentuated every pore and line. And the day after, I ended up with cystic acne. This happened with both Aura and Lit.

And shall we talk about the huge chunks of glitter? If you want to look like a walking disco ball, this is the product for you.

At $32, this is a complete waste. UD is good at many products, but highlighters is not one of them.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Everything about this highlighter is right. You get what you pay for. It's a glittery highlighter but you don't look like a disco ball or oily. It's right in the middle. And I still have much product though I use it for 1 year weekly. Go and buy this, you won't regret.

on 9/29/2016 8:31:00 PM

Urban decay is a fantastic brand with many products of holy grail status for me. This is not one of them.

I have this in Aura, and Lit. Looking at the gorgeous packaging and glittery dome of product had me convinced this would be amazing. But both shades I have purchased highlight NOTHING. They add a layer of glitter to the area you apply it to..........that's not what a highlighter is supposed to do. For me to say this holds some weight. If it glitters, shines, dazzles, or sparkles, I frickin' want it on my face. But this doesn't really excite me because there's not much pigmentation.....it's literally just.........glitter.

Because of that, I can see a lot of people absolutely hating this. For me, I'm not happy with it, but I can use it every now and then just because I'm obsessed with glitter even when it involves subpar product. But most people (myself included on the average day) want a highlighter to give them a radiant, "lit from within glow." Not many of us just want sparkles on our face and that's all that these highlighters have to offer. Admittedly, it makes for a very juvenile-like finish on your face, there's northing sophisticated about how this looks on your skin despite the steep price. And I am not necessarily against that look, but you can basically achieve the same effect if you raid the craft store for some sheer iridescent sparkles......maybe the bakery aisle too. Reminds me of the little sugar sparkles my mom would put on cookies at Christmas. Sigh....

Every now and then I will reach for this product because I am a glitterholic but realistically speaking these highlighters are not flattering at all and are so overpriced it's laughable. If you're going to fork over $30+ for a high lighter, there are AMAZING alternatives. This one looks promising but trust me, it deserves to be skipped.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I loved the packaging for this, one of the main reasons i bought it... haha. I swatched it on my hand in store and it looked very pigmented and easy to apply, however its just like glitter when you put it on. I like to sweep it over my cheekbones with a stippling brush day to day to just highlight my face a bit, but I cant build up the highlight. I like thick pigmented highlighter that you can contour with however this doesnt do that job. I do however use on my chest and I've had comments saying how good it looks but ts an expensive buy just for a bit of shimmer therefore I won't be buying again.

I swatched this in Ulta and absolutely fell in love. It comes in 3 shades, I purchased "Aura". It is probably the most natural of the 3 shades (on my skin at least). It has a great deal of shimmer so a heavy hand is not necessry. The only con to it is the amount of "fallout" I do experience, but I think a good setting spray might help some (I currently do not have one). In spite of the fallout, it does wear a pretty long time (I live in humid weather and I tend to touch my face). It has a rosey/warm enough hue, I can use it as blush if I want just a super tiny bit of color with a nice pop of sparkle, or even as an added shimmer to eyeshadow/inner eye corner highlighter. The packaging, while pretty, does not seem very sturdy to me. I can see it falling apart or the product breaking and getting everywhere if I tried to travel with it or carried it in my purse. I definitely wouldn't say it would be everyone's favorite highlighter/multi-use product, but I would absolutely recommend at least swatching it and and seeing if you like it! It's gorgeous imo :)

This product is really sparkly and is more of an all-over shimmer powder and i love it, to finish off your foundation to achieve a glamorous red carpet look. It is eye-catching and very pretty. It does not accentuate your imperfections at all! Don't expect this to be super natural, but it is a sparkly highlighter. It does not wear for long hours, it fades throughout the day... However it is still a very pretty highlight.

I hate the bulky packaging though.

I swatched this in the store when my finger and I loved it. I got home and tried using the brush it came with and it's a bullshit brush first of all. So I used my own fan brush and it was as if the powder didn't transfer onto the brush no matter how much I brushed it on or how hard I pushed. I was super disappointed since I loved it with my finger but you can't put highlighter on with your finger. I will not be buying again.

I bought this product because i read from other reviews that this beautiful shimmery powder is good for highlighting the face to make it look more illuminated. I tried this powder alone over my regular foundation and it just didn't give much color or shimmer. So i thought i would try this product over my blush to make my cheeks stand out and it did a good enough job for that. Powder was too light didn't do much, .Overall, packaging was very nice A good size mirror and the brush was very soft to use. But product very expensive for what it was and i won't buy again.