The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil
Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isohexadecane (Emollient/Solvent), Polysorbate 85 (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sorbitan Trioleate (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Octyldodecanol (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster)

on 10/1/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this. Really gentle and effective cleanser. I massage this on my face for 2 minutes every morning before rinsing off in the shower - skin feels clean and soft afterwards. Also great consistency for a longer facial massage. Nice smell and doesn’t cause irritation. Very reasonably priced too

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG cleanser - doesn't break me out, doesn't dry my skin out, and it removes makeup like a charm! I use it especially on days where I feel my skin is irritated or I have on-coming breakouts - my skin instantly calms down and my acne spots appear less red.

I use it on dry skin, either using my fingers or my cleansing brush and wash away with lukewarm water.

Repurchase? ABSOLUTELY!

My only gripe is the packaging: it's rubbish! It oozes product even when not used, so i constantly have to wipe down the bottle and either place something underneath it or wipe down whatever surface I place the bottle on.

Pros:
- Gentle on skin
- Melts away makeup like nothing I've ever tried

Cons:
- Bad packaging

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Like the previous reviewer, KittySkyfish, I've had a good experience with this product. For starters, I got it for dirt cheap during one of TBS's pre-Xmas sale deals. Like so many people within the last few years, I've really taken to cleansing oils to which you use with water, and double cleansing at the end of the day as it seems so much more gentle than using the old-school method of a cream cleanser and tissues or cotton pads and then still having residue left behind. This cleansing oil isn't the best one I've used either (MAC Cleanse Off and Clarins Pure Melt Gel are my favourites) but this does a pretty good job and the price is hard to beat. As so many others have said, it doesn't totally dissolve mascara but it does break it down and since I always follow up with a foaming, wash off cleanser, that takes care of what might be left behind. Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil is gentle, doesn't irritate my skin or my eyes and the price was hard to beat. I can understand why so many have complained about the pump; mine works fine but I've been forewarned and so I'm careful when I press on the pump. I may end up decanting some of this in to a more easy to control container at some point but, for now, the pump works okay. All in all, this is a good and very affordable (if you wait for their "deals") first step makeup remover, though I wouldn't use it all on its own.

on 12/19/2016 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin and this cleansing oil was very effective at removing makeup without stripping my skin or leaving residue. The smell is very relaxing and the price is right.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this when the cleansing balm was out of stock. I like it, but didn't love it. I'd rather use any other oil which will get everything off - this couldn't cope with even the lightest of mascara applications!

It smells good and feels nice on my skin, doesn't irritate my eyes either which is good. But, it just didn't do a good enough job removing my make up. I don't have the time or the inclination to spend ages, I like one to remove my make up, soap to wash, then a moisturiser. I'm pushing the boat out if I use toner.

I'll stick to the balm which is my HG.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm beyond impressed with this product. The whole Camomile range from TBS is more than decent but this and the cleansing butter are the stars. This cleansing oil melts all of my makeup (even waterproof eye makeup) right off and washes completely clean. I like to also use a dampened cotton cloth in conjunction with it for a little exfoliation and my skin LOVES it. My skin is so refreshed, soft and bright afterwards and I can see the benefits also the next morning. It's gentle, the scent is inoffensive and I don't get this tight feeling afterwards, which is rare for me. Packaging does tend to leak and get a bit messy and sometimes the pump is a bit faulty and has to be pressed several times in order to get the product to come out. It's lasted me several months and I'd gladly repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Update 12/21/16: I'm bumping the rating to full marks because this makeup remover and cleanser has been wonderful during the past month. I notice this doesn't dry my skin out like my former favorite, Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm. If I use this exclusively and not follow up with my favorite gentle face wash, my skin doesn't flake or dry out during the day. (My favorite face wash was causing flakes once the furnace kicked in/arctic temps came to town. TTDOB also caused a few flakes when I used it exclusively.)

It also *does* cleanse well if I give it about 30 seconds to work as I massage it in. It also removes my eye makeup as well as the TTDOB, because both will leave me with some residue under my lower lashes, which I remove with a cotton swab and eye makeup remover.

I still give it low marks for packaging as it definitely leaks around the pump if left unlocked. It tipped over on the counter and later I found a small pool of cleanser on the counter. Not good!

Original review:
I have a more positive experience with this makeup remover than others. This makeup remover earns a 3.5/5 because I feel it should rinse off a little easier and because it doesn't break down makeup as quickly as other cleansing oil-type removers I've used. That said, I enjoy using it because it breaks down my makeup perfectly when I combine the makeup remover with a silicone scrublet pad (it's less effective with fingertips alone).

To combat the residue, I always follow with a gentle face wash, but on the plus side I notice how my face doesn't feel tight when I use this particular makeup remover. As a comparison, Clinique Take the Day Off Balm is more efficient at breaking down makeup but it does dry my skin out more.

Note: I don't use this to remove my eye makeup. For that I use the Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover and cotton pads (it's really good!!). Also, some may not realize that this cleanser should be used on a dry face with dry hands. That's the only way it'll break down makeup. Only add water when you're ready to rinse.

on 10/6/2016 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I own this and the balm from the same line. Whist I find the balm balm is probably more effective, I've been preferring the oil as I haven't been wearing as much makeup lately and don't need a face cloth to remove. BF also uses as a first cleanse.
This removes makeup and emulsifies with water. Leaves skin feeling clean but not tight.
I"m onto my second bottle, and have not had any issues with the pump breaking or bottle leaking.

on 11/18/2016 3:51:00 PM

I don't lik e this at all, when I use it in the shower it does nothing at all. I really need to use five pumps to feel it on my skin when I'm trying to massage it in.
Also the pump leaks so it's not great for travel.
Still looking for a better shower cleanser.. I like the balm version of this but it's too messy to use in the shower.

on 10/7/2016 4:42:00 AM

Not very effective. I've tried the balm version of this which is very nice, but with this I have to use it multiple times to get all my makeup off.