3.9

$21.00 on The Body Shop
Shop Now

Reviews

9 months ago

This is my favorite cleansing oil. I used to use cleansing balms (e.g. Clinique's Take the Day Off), which essentially are oils in a solid form, before I discovered the Body Shop's Camomile oil and I am never going back. This is so much easier and more convenient. I love the packaging, the pump works very well and dispenses an amount of product that is exactly what I need (I only use one full pump). The oil feels very lightweight, not overly greasy. I apply it on a dry skin as my first cleansing step and massage it on my face for about 20 seconds, then wash it off with warm water. It takes off majority of my make-up in a very gentle way. I have never had any skin or eye irritation with this product. It definitely leaves some film on my face (all oils do) which is completely gone after my second cleansing step using facial cleanser. I will repurchase.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

Absolutely love this cleanser. Smells amazing, washes off very easily and leaves my skin feeling clean and nourished. This, the Superfacialist Vitamin C+ Skin Renew Cleansing Oil and the liz Earle cleanse and polish are my HGs.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

I hopped to this cleansing oil after discovering that MUJI's highly raved cleansing oil was causing my skin to become increasingly sensitive. So, with this cleansing oil: Pros: 1. It removes makeup well, but I'd recommend double cleansing always, especially if you have heavy makeup on. 2. Great for sensitive skin 3. A mild scent that's not too over-powering. Definitely smells like camomile. 4. Easy to spread on skin + emulsifies well. Cons: 1. The dispenser is pretty tough to press down. I think the spring for the pump may be too taut, so you do have to use a bit more strength to get the oil pumped out. The one observation that I'm on the fence about is the feel of my skin after I rise this oil off. Normal cleansing oils leave my skin moisturised, with a thin layer of 'film' that can easily be washed off with a 2nd cleanser. However, this cleansing oil leaves my skin feeling somewhat dry, as if there's an in-built second cleanser already in there. I think it's great for nights when I'm too lazy to double cleanse, but at the same time, I'm kinda iffy about why it's slightly more drying than the average cleansing oil. I'm not quite sure if I'll repurchase it, so I'll indicate a 'no' for now and try out other cleansing oils to find a better one. Nonetheless, this oil performs well, and definitely removes makeup.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

This is a good cleaning oil. I only use it on days I have a lot of makeup and sunscreen. It breaks down the majority of my makeup without lots of scrubbing. I definitely like to do a double cleanse, by following up with a gel cleanser to really get all my makup and sunscreen off. I don't like using it as my only cleanser, personally. It does not comepletely take off all mascara if I use waterproof, but it gets most of it. Its the only oil cleanser I have ever used (other then straight oil, like coconut, almond or avocado oil) and it does rinse more easily. Price is reasonable. Packaging if good; pump is effective, not too messy. Only con: the scent. It doesn't really smell like chamomile to me - which I had hoped would be pleasant and calming as part of my nighttime routine. But no. It just smells like oil. But that's ok, better then having irritating fragrance.

About reviewer (355 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I do really like this product cos it made me discover the world of cleansing oils. It melts the bulk of my makeup off before I go in with micellar water/ face wash. It makes things easier with less rubbing and scrubbing involved and my skin feels soft after. But, it doesn't get rid of all makeup, there is still a decent amount left when I run a cotton pad with micellar water over it and at times it does leave a residue on the skin which I hate. Doesnt fully remove mascara and stings if any gets in your eyes. Also there's something wrong with the pump because it leaks and oil goes everywhere on the outside of the bottle, which is a pain. But aside from that it's good and lasts forever. Going to try the clinique one next though.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Love this. Really gentle and effective cleanser. I massage this on my face for 2 minutes every morning before rinsing off in the shower - skin feels clean and soft afterwards. Also great consistency for a longer facial massage. Nice smell and doesn’t cause irritation. Very reasonably priced too

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

My HG cleanser - doesn't break me out, doesn't dry my skin out, and it removes makeup like a charm! I use it especially on days where I feel my skin is irritated or I have on-coming breakouts - my skin instantly calms down and my acne spots appear less red. I use it on dry skin, either using my fingers or my cleansing brush and wash away with lukewarm water. Repurchase? ABSOLUTELY! My only gripe is the packaging: it's rubbish! It oozes product even when not used, so i constantly have to wipe down the bottle and either place something underneath it or wipe down whatever surface I place the bottle on. Pros: - Gentle on skin - Melts away makeup like nothing I've ever tried Cons: - Bad packaging

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

3 years ago

I'm beyond impressed with this product. The whole Camomile range from TBS is more than decent but this and the cleansing butter are the stars. This cleansing oil melts all of my makeup (even waterproof eye makeup) right off and washes completely clean. I like to also use a dampened cotton cloth in conjunction with it for a little exfoliation and my skin LOVES it. My skin is so refreshed, soft and bright afterwards and I can see the benefits also the next morning. It's gentle, the scent is inoffensive and I don't get this tight feeling afterwards, which is rare for me. Packaging does tend to leak and get a bit messy and sometimes the pump is a bit faulty and has to be pressed several times in order to get the product to come out. It's lasted me several months and I'd gladly repurchase. EDIT: Took off a lippie because the packaging is actually a big problem. So LEAKY. I have to keep it in a plastic bag and put a paper tissue underneath it on the shelf because even without using it gets everywhere and is a pain to clean up.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I have oily skin and this cleansing oil was very effective at removing makeup without stripping my skin or leaving residue. The smell is very relaxing and the price is right.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

I bought this when the cleansing balm was out of stock. I like it, but didn't love it. I'd rather use any other oil which will get everything off - this couldn't cope with even the lightest of mascara applications! It smells good and feels nice on my skin, doesn't irritate my eyes either which is good. But, it just didn't do a good enough job removing my make up. I don't have the time or the inclination to spend ages, I like one to remove my make up, soap to wash, then a moisturiser. I'm pushing the boat out if I use toner. I'll stick to the balm which is my HG.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral