The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isohexadecane (Emollient/Solvent), Polysorbate 85 (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sorbitan Trioleate (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Octyldodecanol (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great product, perfect for my sensitive skin. Ups: it's cruelty free and it rubs off make-up efficiently, even the strongest waterproof mascara. Along with this, I love the smell! Downs: a bit pricey and the packaging is not very practical. You cannot travel with it, the pump will spread oil all over even when locked. I realized this after I left the product leaning on a blanket on my sofa for a couple of minutes and it stained the blanket a bit with oil coming from the locked (!!!) pump. However, I am very satisfied with the way it works on my skin so it's definitely one of my constant purchases.

on 7/3/2016 8:58:00 AM

Heavily scented, so strong that it burns my eyes and if you even a teeny bit in your mouth when rinsing, you can taste it forever. A bit watery also, but rinses well.

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been a faithful user of Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup removing Oil for years (I must have gone through 10 bottles at least!) and finally this oil threw it off the pedestal.

I am using an spf50 every day(sometimes I reapply as well) which needs a thorough removal at the end of the day, so an oil-based first cleanser (I also double-cleanse at the end of the day) is a must. Preferably it also should take off my waterproof eye makeup without stinging or making my vision foggy (I wear contact lenses).

This TBS product ticks all the boxes. Plus it is exactly half of the price of Clinique and I also use at least 2-3 pumps less than I would use of Clinique as TBS oil is less runny and I have impression it allows me to spread the product better all over my face. I use 2 pumps (the amount that comes out is quite generous so be careful not to waste the product!) for the first cleanse, and 1 pump for the second, while with Clinique I used 3 pumps for the first cleanse and 2 for the second. I wipe everything off with a soft flannel, wet with warm water and I'm very careful not to tug the delicate eye area.

Clinique might be very slightly better at removing waterproof eye makeup (eyeshadow base, eye crayon, thightline, eyeliner, mascara you name it, I'm wearing it) but honestly, for half the price, I am ready to reapply this oil over my eyelids again if necessary.

Clinique oils is labelled as completely unfragranced, although the most recent bottle I got had a strong whiff of some burned plastic (?!?) and the TBS one seems to me also unfragranced, maybe with a most gentle smell of camomile.

I did a clean cotton pad test after my first cleanse with this product and the pad was bright white so this oil cleans as well as Clinique.

We'll see about the pump but my bottle seems to be with a new label design, so I would also think that the company exchanged the pump on the bottles already.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this in the eye makeup remover only, however I couldn't find the cleanse oil for that specifically so I'll review this.

best eye makeup remove ever! No pulling at my eye to get mascara off! I let the cotton round sit on my eye for a couple seconds then i wipe and all the make comes off!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Holy smokes, this is amazing!

At first i shook my head in disbelief when i read "rinse with water" on the packaging. This is a blend of oils, so it should not rinse out with just water, right?

I came home and wanted to test it on my hand first: I rubbed the oil all over my hands and tried to wash it out and it did, without leaving any greasy residue.

There's one ingredient in this that acts as an emulsifier, making it possible to wash out excess oils with water and leaving just enough oil on the surface to keep skin moisturized and smooth.

This is is a great one-step makeup remover; It does not remove 100% of makeup but it can get pretty close, let's say, 95%.

Another use for this oil is cleaning resin-based wax off of the skin. Those who use resin waxes know that they're a pain to get off (unlike the sugar waxes), you need to wipe skin with oily wipes. This product cleans it faster than oil does, especially when lathered with water.

I haven't tried it yet but this could possibly be a great deep conditioning treatment for hair. You could apply it and the rinse it off in the shower with just water. Def gonna try it.

With these said, i have to admit that the packaging sucks pretty bad; you need to cup the opening of the pump with your palm as you press, or else the shooting oil will splash everywhere.

on 4/23/2016 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hmm this one doesn't deserve the good ratings in my opinion. I was using Bioderma micellar water to cleanse, to take off sunscreen and some light concealer if i use any. I read about double cleansing and thought i saw that this was recommended as both a first cleanse to take off makeup, and a second cleanse to clean the skin. It does leave a residue in the eyes as I suppose all oils do. But I still get residue on my cotton circles if I swipe down with Bioderma afterwards (needed 2 cotton circles). So it defeats my purpose of 'better cleansing my skin'! I just need 3 cotton circles to remove everything usually with Bioderma anyway. Also, I think it causes some small clogged pores the next day. It's also quite expensive in switzerland, so obviously for all these reasons i won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great oil cleanser for removing make up. It takes even waterproof make up off effortlessly. I use it as a first cleanse, following the directions to apply to a dry face. I usually use 2-3 pumps and rub it into my eyes first which does not hurt in the slightest followed by the rest of my face. I then wet my hands and rub it in again, which turns it into a sort of milky texture. I wash it off and follow with a second cleanse of something more exfoliating.
It has a lovely texture, not heavy at all and silky like the name. The smell is also very nice and calming. When I have a bath, I cleanse my face with this and let a hot muslin cloth sit on my face for a minute. I do this a few times before wiping it all off and it really relaxes me.
The packaging is not the greatest. The pump can be a bit tricky but I figured out how to use it without getting oil everywhere so it is possible! TBS are addressing this however by changing the packaging. New ones should start rolling out June 2016, or so I've been told.
Pricewise I find it quite reasonable, especially if you can get it on offer which is what I always do. Using it once a day every day lasted me 3 months. Would definetely recommend to anyone who finds taking their make up off at the end of the day a chore. Much more effective than wipes or a million cotton pads with micellar water.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has become my go to cleanser when wearing waterproof makeup. It removes waterproof mascara with little to no effort and leaves my skin feeling nice clean and supple sans the greasy feel that I'm sure most oily gals would be afraid of. I tend to have oily skin here and there but this didn't make it worse and didn't break me out at all so I think it's safe to say that it's claim for being meant for "all skin types" is not just a gimick. The scent was not strong either. Overall, I like it. The only thing I
Don't is the price tag.. Since it is from a specialty shop it can be a little on the pricey side but then again, the bottle will usually lasts quite a While. I've had mine for almost two years and there is still quite a bit left so i Believe that it is worth the splurge

on 4/7/2016 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I thought it would be similar to Una Brennan's Superfacialist Vit C Cleansing Oil which I love but unfortunately it is not. It has a slightly heavier consistency in comparison which might be my imagination but it certainly feels that way. The main turn off, for me, has to be the smell. It's obviously camomile but I don't like it. Good points - comes in a pump which is fab and it does the job of a cleansing oil. Overall, it works and it's affordable.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

So let me just start with the reason why I decided to write this review in the first place. TBS, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS DAMN PACKAGING! It sucks. After about a month of owning this stuff it started leaking out of the "under area" of the pump; waste of product and oil everywhere..I haven't done anything to it like drropping it or whatever, just started leaking out of the blue. I am going to find a way to report this to The Body Shop so that they can do something about it because I am not the only one with this problem.

The product itself is good, not outstanding or anything but for its price it is great.
I did notice that my skin felt kinda pulling and dry after using it and have not noticed any difference in how my skin looks or feels.

Will I repurchase? I have no idea. (But they forced me to answer yes or no or else I couldn't put up this review so I ticked the yes box, lol)