The Body Shop Honeymania Body Butter

The Body Shop Honeymania Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Cocoa Seed Butter (Emollient), Shea Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cera Alba/Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Sesame Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Fragrance, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Mel/Honey (Natural Additive), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colorant), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colour).

on 3/30/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't like body butters for 2 very important reasons:
1. I think the phrase "body butter" sounds gross, like burp or belch or moist.
2. I don't like jar packaging.

I love this body butter, however, because I think it has a lovely texture. I am not the biggest Body Shop fan and was surprised by how much I like this product. I think the lotion itself is a wonderful thick-but-not-too-thick consistency, rubs in well and easily, and leaves skin soft but not greasy. I like this on my knees, elbows, and cuticles. Based on the consistency, I don't think that the jar packaging is necessary and feel that this would work in a squeeze tube just fine.

I don't mind the scent, but like others have mentioned, it's quite strong and not particularly honey-ish. It's more of a heavy floral and very sweet concoction, odd because I remember using their honey shampoo and conditioner years ago, and those smelled wonderful and very similar to honey.

on 1/1/2017 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this body butter from the offer 50 % and they had buy two get 1 free. i got olive, strawberry and i was going to get the shea but they didnt have any jumbo for it grrr. I didnt like the mango because its too summer scent in the winter and the moringa was just too strong. anyways i like the scent of this stuff it smells like a subtle floral mix with honey and pollen but mostly floral. its a very subtle scent that you can layer perfume with it. its very moisturizing as well. i dont think i'll be buying this stuff if there isnt any sale though because it is quiet pricy.

I love the smell of this product. Really helps my dry skin.

on 12/20/2015 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this as part of a set, it came in 50ml. I loove the honeymania scent. I used it on my trip to Australia, it was summer and my skin got very dry. I have eczema. I rubbed this into the dry patches like my arms, thighs and elbows and it does moisturize but not long term.

on 12/16/2015 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I can't believe i haven't come across this yet. I will have to admit that I love TBS body butters and find them to the best! I also love their shower gels/creams as they are so moisturizing esp for the winter months.
Honeymania is my new love at TBS! I love anything honey and this is no exception. It smells delicious in a classy, clean sort of way, not cloying at all. I was especially impressed with the texture and hydrating qualities of this body butter. It sinks in right away which is a huge plus! I will admit though it is more floral than a true honey scent. I would have preferred a true honey scent but needless to say it's still a top notch unique gem. I LOVE IT and will continue to repurchase always! I also bought the eau de toilette and it's to die for as well!!!

on 10/16/2015 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Makes me itch. Sorry, I don't have sensitive skin in the slightest but there is something about this body butter that makes my skin itch. It is the oddest thing because I've used at least five other scents from TBS and I've never had such a problem. In fact, I've never had this kind of reaction to the product. I don't particularly enjoy the smell. It is too floral for my tastes. But my biggest issue is the fact that my skin feels irritated after use. Can not recommend.

on 8/14/2015 3:43:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The body butter is moisturizing and feels nice on the skin, but smells weirdly of mainly florals with a bit of honey. the smell dosen't work for me, and my husband and kids do not like it either. Will finish though.

on 4/27/2015 1:06:00 AM

I really really loove this honey-floral scent.It is also a thick butter witch hidrates very well.I've also bought the honeymania eau de toilette and I think this two from the TBS are my favorite

on 4/18/2015 11:42:00 PM

This was not bad. The texture is more smooth than the other Body Butters I've tried, which is nice. The scent is not really honey, but more honey lemon tea. It's a light scent. Great for summer I think. There are other scents I prefer more like brazil nut or coconut.

on 11/1/2014 10:20:00 PM

I just purchased this 2 days ago and I really like it so far. It really does smell like honey! A lot of people have been saying this smells more floral and not so much like honey but to me this smells mostly like honey with a tiny bit of floral mixed in. Either way- it smells great. HOWEVER, it is overpowering and I'm more of a Shea and Almond kind of person ( plus I wear Thierry Muglers Angel everyday and Honeymania kind of clashes with it...).
The consistency is nice, its definitely buttery. It doesn't take long to sink in which is very nice. I have a small travel size one and a full size and I love to take the travel size with me in my purse and use it on my hands which is great for when I'm out and about!