L.A. Colors liquid makeup

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/18/2016 12:33:00 AM

L.A. Colors has a lot to offer for a little price.
This foundation is sheer, more like a tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage.
Although everyone's skin is different, I have sensitive skin and this didn't break my skin out nor irritate it.
You could very well build it to a light cover level and the nice thing is that it won't look cakey.
Leaves a satin type finish.
For one dollar, it's no wallet buster if it isn't what you wanted.

I love this for the "Naked" foundation look. I have tried the Urban Decay Naked foundation but couldn't justify the hefty price tag. I love this foundation so much I gave a bottle to my sister in law, who likes the more natural side of makeup and this doesn't break her out, her skin is very sensitive. This has a very thick consistency, which I like. It goes on fairly sheer, so the coverage is buildable but not cakey. I messed up and bought a color that was too dark, so I use it as an eye primer in a pinch. The only complaint about the packaging, is the bottle isn't refillable. The top doesn't screw off. I would love to take an empty and refill it with serum or lotion instead of giving it to the landfill. If any of you crafty McGyver like MUAers out there know how to open the package without breaking it and reuse could tell me how to do it, I would be grateful!

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love LA Colors for a few reasons: price pointe, cruelty-free & decent quality. I found this fdtn to be fine. It's not MAC or EL or something but it was $2 at Dollar General, I got some of this to wear w the LA Colors pressed powder as a temporary situ coz my makeup budget is pretty low at the moment. I kno it has mineral oil so I'm watching for breakouts but it seems to be okay. Wetnwild cover all fdtn is much better for $4, but this is decent coverage, has a pump, & is an okay color even though there were only 2 colors to choose from I managed to get a decent color. This would be great for dry skinned folks who don't have to worry about breaking out. I have seen other brands that are 3x as expensive that have mineral oil in them like cover girl is 1 for example. So it's not just because it's cheap that people think is the reason it has mineral oil. But I know mineral oil is kind of suffocating for the skin.

on 8/19/2015 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Fk outta here with this garbage. There is absolutely no one I can think of in this world who would benefit from it. The coverage is patchy, there is zero blend-ability or staying power. I like that it's $1 and that the packaging is small, but I could never justify using this up or buying it again.

on 8/2/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Found it at Kmart for $1.99 and thought why not, had heard about it on YouTube. I had not problem with this foundation. I'm a very lite wearer and this was fine with me. Beautiful Bronze was a great match. Not sure if it's oil free but, I had no problems. I set it with a powder in my color and some setting spray not primer. It's easy to blend with brush or sponge. I love the color and can use it to offset other foundations that need a little boost.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this foundation from the dollar store and I thought it would be good because of the price, but I was totally wrong. The foundation is really thick and does not have good wearing power if you have oily or combo skin. It also contains mineral oil, which is not good for sensitive acne prone skin. Overall, I do not think anyone should bye this.

This stuff is god awefu and very poor quality! I thought i'd give it a try because it was only 2 bucks and I've had other good experiences with foundation with cheaper brands. This stuff is like water, doesn't spread evenly and gives zero coverage. I cant believe they even call this a foundation. Im glad I didn't spend much money on it. If you want to try a good drug store foundation, seek WetnWild coverall or Maybelline dream liquid mousse because this one is all wrong.