The Body Shop Soft Cleansing Facial Sponge

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/9/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I pour vitamin E baby oil on this (while damp) and use it to remove my makeup after work. It shouldn’t work, but it does! Ironically, my oily skin is loving the baby oil and the moderate toughness of this sponge means my (hardy, long wear lipstick and mascara) comes off better than if I washed my face / used makeup remover wipes... As already noted, it doesn’t stain easily. All in all, a surprising little gem with many uses!

on 12/13/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The best use I have found for this so far is removing green argyle masks without dragging the skin and it doesn't stain either. Would repurchase for that purpose.
For exfoliating purposes I use the Facial Buffer which is rougher than the sponge and for face mask and make up removal nothing can beat the Facial Flannel in my book.
A soft, durable, inexpensive, effective and solid tool from The Body Shop.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this cleansing facial sponge for free, as The Body Shop was doing a promotion and I had enough points to redeem a product. I chose this as I was looking for something that would help me take off clay/mud masks more easily. I have to say, I'm very happy with this product. It's described to be "Perfect for deep-cleansing your skin and removing make-up" and is made out of 100% Cellulose, and for this reason, they are very durable and less likely to suffer wear and tear. I noticed that my skin is softer after using this with cleansers/masks, as compared to when I just use my hands, and it doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin. I use this sponge about 1-2 times a week. Oh and it's an added bonus that it doesn't stain easily - my sponge is still pristine white and clean! It's inexpensive, a good size, good quality, has a good use - what's not to like?

Popular Misc Beauty Tools