Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dilauryl Thiodipropionate, Sodium Sulfate, Fragrance

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A good handcream—my mom's go-to handcream. I like it, but I don't love it. I don't care for the smell (which is neutral, but very 'creamy'), and I don't like the texture (it might just be me, but whenever I apply it I feel as though it really drags over my skin). It's a bit greasy at first, too. Overall, Neutrogena Hand Cream is a very good product if you're only concerned with product effect and product price; as a drugstore product, it's very affordable, and as a hand cream, it moisturizes very well (many, many hours). My mother, a skiing enthusiast, recommends this one for the slopes and winter!

on 8/13/2017 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I personally enjoy the Vaseline like texture of this hand cream as I love a heavy duty hand cream for my hands, but this cream is not for everyone! If you don't have the patience or don't enjoy a greasy texture I would advise against buying it.

It is quite greasy initially and takes a little while to absorb completely but it does leaves my hands nice and soft.

An oldie but goodie par excellence, I found two old tubes of this in the back of my medicine cabinet when I was desperate for something to heal my red, irritated hands this winter. Tried Aveeno moisturizing lotion (which usually does the trick any other time of year), a shea butter Korres moisturizer and even Vaseline at night to no avail. Thank God for this product! I hope they never stop making it. Massaged a dab onto both hands and elbows and within one day I was healed.

on 12/29/2016 12:47:00 PM

This is THE ONLY handcream that heals my cracked/bleeding hands in a Canadian Winter. It literally heals them overnight, and if very chapped then two nights. It is so amazing that even my boyfriend bought a tube.

Only downside is that it is rather thick and uncomfortable if you apply a lot during the day. I only use a dab (as recommended on the package) for day use and apply a thick layer at night as a hand mask.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't get it, the amazing reviews for this hand cream. It's like a slightly thinner vaseline, nothing special whatsoever and not as moisturizing as I hoped. This would be a great hand protector during winter months, however. I'd layer this over a richer hand creme.

This one really works! But if weather is a bit warm then it's a bit greasy and heavy for my skin. I only use it in cold winter time.

on 4/21/2016 1:36:00 PM

I just finished my first tube of this hand cream and I will definitely be purchasing a second tube. The product looks and feels a lot like petroleum jelly but it does a great job of moisturizing without being too greasy.

No other hand cream has moisturized my hands as well as this product.

I gave the packaging 3 of 5 lippies due to the fact that I really with it had a flip top cap.

on 9/18/2016 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had high hopes for this due to the reviews, but I don't love it.

I found it to be more like an ointment than a cream. I don't know if others were using it all over their hands, or just in small areas, but due to the ointment-like texture, I found it hard to spread all over my hands unless I used significantly more. Then, of course, my hands would be left greasy for a little bit.

I'll give it credit though, it is absorbed well and it's really affordable, but I didn't notice any benefit after a couple of months usage, not enough to repurchase anyway.

The packaging lost a mark because of the screw lid, a flip top would be much, better.

If you've got dry hands, give it a shot, it's not expensive, and has overall received positive reviews.

on 6/5/2016 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

My HG. I get instant relief for my dry hands. I have tried many hand creams but this is my favourite. the moisture and protection lasts for many hours

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG handcream.
I use the fragrance free one preferably, though I have used the scented version and the smell is light enough.
Non greasy, sinks in and absorbs in seconds.

I work with my hands a lot and sometimes, they look and feel like sandpaper but this stuff always puts it right, no matter what the conditions are.
The tube fits in any backpack pocket or purse easily, only a tiny, trace amount is needed, it goes a long, long way.