Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion - Maximum for Severely Dry Skin

4.6

Not tested on animals

I usually need heavy creams to moisturize as most lotions just seem to disappear in minutes and leave me dry. This actually does provide a little more moisture that other lotions, but it is still too light for my dry skin. It actually moisturizes ok for me when used in between showers, but if I put it on damp skin, it disappears and I'm left dry and flaky. The scent is light and pleasant and it is easy to spread. Love the pump bottle, too. The rest of my family seems to like this lotion, but I will stick with my heavier Shea butter creams.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Be warned, this has a VERY strong jasmine fragrance. It is not light. It got on my clothes, my sheets, the air in my room. I had to eventually get back in the shower after using it because the smell continued to linger and I couldn't smell anything else. Had to change my sheets For people who like jasmine, it may not be a proclem, but mine is going back to the store for the scent.
Everything else about it is good. Very moisturizing, not greasy, not watery. Nice mixture of humectant and occlusive ingredients. Great pump and bottle. A little pricey but nice size.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Where has this stuff been all my life? Aside from the body butter I make myself during the winter months, this is BY FAR the best lotion on the market. It absorbs almost instantly, leaves my skin feeling hydrated for at least 12 hours. I can even layer it. I've tried using as many as 3 thinnish layers at a time and my skin just drank it up.

The fragrance is absolutely divine...can't quite place it, but my guess is ylang ylang is the dominant note. It smells very nice going on, but the smell doesn't linger. This is a unisex lotion. I know a lot of guys who enjoy using a lotion that smells nice as long as it doesn't leave them smelling girly all day. This contains only natural ingredients, so the light fragrance is from essential oils. Unlike petroleum-based synthetic fragrances, they don't linger like perfume. In fact, after 5 or 10 minutes you won't even be able to smell it unless you get your nose right up against your skin. My dog can smell it, and the scent drives him crazy. He loves to jump on the bed and try licking it off. Gross, I know. But at least I don't feel like there's anything in there I have to worry about if he licks my arm...unlike some of the cheap, petroleum-based lotions full of chemicals and artificial fragrances.

If you shop around, you can get great deals. Don't pay full price at the health food store or drugstore! You can get it much cheaper on Vitacost or iHerb, and both of those sites offer coupons and discounts frequently. As of this writing, Amazon sells the 32 oz bottles for the rock bottom low price of $8.40 (even cheaper if you sign up for the subscription to have it autoshipped).

Oh, I downgraded the packaging to a 4 because one time I received one with a broken pump. The tube portion of the pump was sliced right through, just below the pumping mechanism that sits inside the bottle. I pumped and pumped, but nothing came out. Finally, i unscrewed it and discovered the tube section hanging "by a thread" to the pump mechanism. Even though I tried pumping hard for a long time, the pump didn't have any suction because all the air was escaping through that slice in the tube. I tried to fix it, but was unable to remove the part of the tube that goes up inside the pump mechanism. Had I been able to do that, I could have cut the tube off completely where it was still barely connected, and then stuck the cut end up inside the mechanism. Vitacost was kind enough to send me a free replacement, so that was a good deal because when I finished the bottle with the working pump, I was able to use up the other one by replacing the broken pump with the one that works.

Buy this stuff now! You'll be hooked. And then you can throw out all those lotions in your vanity that don't work.

I have gone through a few bottles of Very Emollient body lotion. I'm a bit particular about lotions because I don't like them greasy, but I also don't like the kind that absorb so fast that you can't even feel it on your skin. This stuff is just right.
I tend to gravitate towards "natural" skincare products for general peace of mind, so long as the effectiveness isn't compromised. This lotion is just as good as (or better than) any brands you could get at the drugstore.
I should probably add that I don't have problematically dry skin. Just the kind where I need to apply body lotion immediately after showering or risk that uncomfortable skin tightness. This stuff is pretty moisturizing as far as lotions go, but ultimately I can't speak to how well it would work for those with particularly dry skin.
The scent is a bit difficult to describe, but if I had to liken it to something I'd say it reminds me of jasmine tea. It's very light, so I doubt those in your vicinity would notice it unless they had their nose right up to your skin. I like the scent because it's clean, fresh, and not overtly feminine, so my bf can use it.
The bottle is simple and unassuming, and it can be found fairly cheaply online. I got 32oz for about $12, which I think is a relatively good deal for a non-drugstore product.
Overall, this is an effective and economical no-nonsense lotion that would be a good bet for shared family or couple's bathrooms. Everyone can use it.

I love this product. Read the reviews and decided to try...how can one go wrong when it's so affordable. I have to say it's amazing. My skin is so soft. Like in a nice soft way. Not sticky. But smooth. It does not cause any red bumps or irritation. Which I find some body lotions do, or they just don't really do much of anything for that matter. I've tried loads of creams btw!! And like the other review I like that it has Lactic Acid. That is good for skin...especially the getting older kind. :)

I ordered this lotion online and got a 32oz. bottle(almost a litre) for 13$(10 at the time). When it arrived I was a bit buffled by its scent, which reminded me a bit of cherry flavored cough syrup, but thankfully it is almost undetectable after application(and some may actually like it). The cream itself is very rich and thick but easy to spread. You can feel it on your skin long after application but not in the bad, greasy way. The cream absorbs fast and is the suppleness that it leaves behind that you can touch for hours. It truly offers long-lasting hudration and improves the skin condition effectively and I could really tell that by the fact that my usually dry legs felt comfortable even if I had skipped application for a couple of days. I remember that while using this my aesthetician once commented on how my skin was the most baby soft amongst her clients! The only two drawbacks I can think of are that a)it may rub off a little if you apply heavily and b)the pump doesn't work well when the bottle starts to get empty. Surely that would be the only body care product I would use if it was easier to get in europe.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

So far on my quest for a perfect body lotion I ended up with this one, after trying many luxe, organic and chemical products.
This lotion is somewhat creamy, spreads well, absorbs quickly leaving no slippery feeling and smells with honey and flowers (to me). The scent is noticeable and sweet but doesn't stay for too long.
What I totally love about this product is its softening qualities. Nothing has ever made my body skin that soft, might be partly because of the alpha hydroxy acids. After the application the skin just feels like your skin but immediately supple and moist, cream is absorbed straight away. I tried to apply it onto my feet in the amount slightly higher overnight when it felt dryer and in the morning the feet were almost as soft as my face.
I LOVE the packaging too. It comes in a HUGE pump bottle, almost 1lt and I just put it on my dressing table and use it whenever I'm home. It will never fall down too as it is heavy! And the price for this amount is a joke... If I travel I just pour some of this lotion into a smaller pump bottle as I don't really want to be without it.
Have not finished my first liter but already repurchased to make sure I don't run out.

Popular Lotions / Creams