Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner - Raven Black

on 10/3/2016 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had purchased quite a few of these over the past few years- both for myself, and my daughter. I will NEVER buy another, and here is why:
These pencils are made HORRIBLY!!! They are twist-up pencils, but not the old-fashioned twist-ups. This one has a screw on cap that advances and sharpens every time you close your pencil. While this might be a good idea in concept, the actual product fails miserably! Always seems to be the Raven pencils, too (black)! I open them up brand new, start to line my upper lash line, and then ::SNAP::! Point breaks off! Since you can't simply twist the pencil lead to advance it, you must: screw the cap on, twist, unscrew, twist the cap on , twist, then unscrew, etc. Keep repeating this procedure about 10-15 times to get a whole NEW point, which again, BREAKS OFF as soon as you apply it to your eyelid! Aaarrrggghhhh!!! So frustrating! Not to mention DANGEROUS and PAINFUL if the little point falls inside your eye! There should be a class action lawsuit against Smashbox for NOT correcting this manufacturing problem!!!

on 5/8/2014 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love the matte look this eye liner has and how easy it is to apply, but I found it creased and rubbed off on the top part of my eye lid. Don't think I'd be buying.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

This is a great color (deep black), I like the retractable aspect of it, and the eyeliner held up on my waterline for a good amount of time. It wasn't perfect, but there really isn't such thing as a perfect waterline eyeliner. The one and only reason that I returned this & I will not be repurchasing is because this eyeliner only lasted me a week and a half....and it was already out. Also, keep in mind that I didn't use this very often at all, either. For about $22, for this to last me a week and a half is unacceptable in my eyes. Most things that we buy in general are scams/rip offs, but this exceeds the definition of being ripped off.

on 9/21/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Packaging was awesome..Color was perfect...All signs pointed to HG..until I had black eyeliner smudges on my upper lids literally 2 hours after application :|
I'm starting to realize nothing cuts it for us oily skinned gals like liquid liners but who has the time or steady hand every morning to perfect that look...smh.
The search continues...