NYX Lipstick- #529 Thalia

NYX Lipstick- #529 Thalia

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

This is a nice lipstick. The shade is a purplish mauve with a satiny-glossy finish. It's drawbacks are that it doesn't last long and it's a bit slippery with no real adherence to the your lips.

on 2/4/2016 7:06:00 PM

One of my favorite NYX shades. Love it! Slightly shimmery, just a bit darker than natural. Goes with everything, great neutral color.

To Read all 265 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I pulled this out while going through my stash and remembered quickly why I did not like it and even wondered why it was still in my stash and I had not thrown it away. This was supposed to be a dupe for Mac Brave or Mac Faux. I remember at the time I bought this, for me it was definitely not a dupe for either Mac lipstick, not on the back of my hand nor on my lips, and it just gave me 'dead lips'...an indescribable color that sure was not flattering, and also felt very drying on the lips. This went into the garbage this time. While I may save a lipstick to wear in conjunction with something else to tone it down or add warmth or whatever, I just see no use for this for me, and with it feeling so drying on the lips as I remember, it was a definite go-in-the-garbage lipstick, at least for me. Quite possibly the ugliest shade of lipstick I've ever tried and again, while sometimes I can pair the 'ugly' lipsticks with something. this was just such a terrible formula that it went into the garbage, where it sadly should have gone way back when I first purchased it. Sorry if this seems harsh, but when something is touted as a dupe for something and is not (at least not for me) and the shade is incredibly ugly on yourself and the performance is terrible and it dries your lips out like the Sahara, then..you just definitely do not like it... Sorry, Nyx and fellow Thalia fans, this one was and is a definite 'no' for me...

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nice muted brownish mauve-y color with just a slight purplish tone to it once applied. Personally it looks prettier when swatched on my wrist than it does on my lips, as my lips have a reddish, deep pinky brown hue already that is often mistaken for a lip product when I were clear gloss or balm. One swipe on my lips and this actually is slightly lighter than my lips. As I layer it becomes more noticeable. I do like it and think it is a nice everyday or work shade. It wears off fairly quickly but leaves a little bit of a flush tone on the lips.

I have a very hard time finding shades that work with my coloring (bright red hair, light cool skin tone, brown eyes). If something looks nice with my skin, it clashes with my hair or vice versa. Colors aimed at gingers tend to be orange-based, and make me look like a pumpkin, and nice rose tints usually come out too purpley on me. I took a chance on this and it's the perfect balance. Super flattering and not too dry like some brands. Hooray! The texture is soft so a little goes a long way. It doesn't scream "MAKEUP!!!" - just looks like a more glamorous version of you. I strongly recommend NYX Thalia to anyone who has trouble finding the right lipstick.

on 12/22/2015 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not good! This lipsticks pulls a strange purple/lilac on me and the color is just ugly. It actually made my skin look sallow and sick, which has never happened before. And the taste is VILE. I'm not usually sensitive to taste or fragrance in my lipstick but this will definitely leave a gross chemical taste in your mouth. Like you ate deoderant. Disgusting.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Such a nice mauve-y nude color! If I want it a bit more purple I will mix a bit of Power with it! Just an easy every day color that is still very modern. An easy MLBB that isn't too brown! Whenever I read raves about a universal MLBB - it always reads brown on my lips. Not much staying power but very moisturizing. Excellent purchase!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Interesting mauve like color and good color payoff. It glides onto lips and doesn't dry them out. It does tend to fade pretty quickly for me unfortunately but I can deal with that. Best thing is that it is cheap and easy to find if not out of stock. Great for everyday.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this color- it is mauvy with a hint of lilac, so it looks like nothing in my collection. While it feels like it won't stay on long, I find that it is mattifying and the color definitely stays on my lips. I'm really into that 90s makeup trend/ Kylie Jenner lip thing going on right now and I feel like I get that from wearing this lip shade, but even if you're not into that, this is a pretty nice, slightly deeper than natural shade shade that is kinda dressy if you want it to be! Like it. Can't beat it for the price!

on 4/21/2015 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I love this!!!! I have so many lipsticks, and many are Nyx. I saw a lot of love about this color but I hadn't wanted it at first. I was more into bright corals and dark colors. But I slowly got in to medium tones and I swatches this. It's suprizingly beautiful. The color button does not show the color accurately. Though some of the swatch images are quite good. It's almost like a MLBB, it is a medium nude-mauve but with lilac leanings that really make it stand out. I love that it's creamy and not pearly or shimmery like so many 'mauves' are. Nyx is also very cheap. They're usually around $3.99 but there are often sales and coupons (store coupons, like CVS or Ulta). I find that it lasts pretty well. It doesn't last as well as the mattes, but it's not super slippery or sticky either. I thought it would be similar to Whipped Caviar which I loooovee but it's different and just gorgeous. Super happy with this one. A great daily shade for sure. I think many people could pull this off, but some people complain it makes them look dead or sick. I would guess those are cooler toned people, as the beige/blue/grey undertones may clash with this and come across as ashy. I think it looks excellent on warm/neutral tones though.