NYX Lipstick- #529 Thalia

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/16/2017 6:55:00 AM

This is one of the worst shades I've ever tried. On me it looks like a greyish purple and it washes me out completely. I threw it in the trash can after using it for one day. The staying power is average I think (perhaps for about three hours or so). I think I looked like a corpse:) For some reason I think I need at least some warmth in my lipstick shades and there was none in this one.

on 7/21/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What a surprise. Oh, I am so in love with this lipstick. Muted rosy mauve with the right amount of moist. It reminds me of the lip color which Ornella Muti wore in Count of Monte Cristo.

My tired lips come alive and I am also using it as a touch of blush.
What more can I say.

This is a nice lipstick. The shade is a purplish mauve with a satiny-glossy finish. It's drawbacks are that it doesn't last long and it's a bit slippery with no real adherence to the your lips.

on 5/8/2017 7:29:00 PM

I couldn't do this color because it pulled way too gray and was really dry on me. With my pale skin and blonde hair I looked dead. It might look nice on dark skin tones though.

This lipstick is one I pull on in the middle of the day and want to freshen up in a not so obvious way. This is an amazing neutral color and does a lot to define a face when you don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup. The cons are that it's quite moist and shiny, and it doesn't last long. I would prefer it to have more longevity and to be a bit more matte, but at least it doesn't dry out your lips. I would imagine it would be flattering on most skin tones. This is one of those perfect shades in my opinion. I don't feel the need to mix or blend it with other colors.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

On me, Thalia is a cool mauve cream lipstick. It is very opaque, but it still looks quite natural on me. The formula feels nice and creamy on the lips, which means that on its own it doesn't last very long, but with a liner or NYX's lip primer it wears nicely. The packaging is simple but sleek, and I like having the product color on the bottom so it is easy to find. This is a go-to lipstick for me if I want a MLBB or nude that isn't too light.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nice muted brownish mauve-y color with just a slight purplish tone to it once applied. Personally it looks prettier when swatched on my wrist than it does on my lips, as my lips have a reddish, deep pinky brown hue already that is often mistaken for a lip product when I were clear gloss or balm. One swipe on my lips and this actually is slightly lighter than my lips. As I layer it becomes more noticeable. I do like it and think it is a nice everyday or work shade. It wears off fairly quickly but leaves a little bit of a flush tone on the lips.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I pulled this out while going through my stash and remembered quickly why I did not like it and even wondered why it was still in my stash and I had not thrown it away. This was supposed to be a dupe for Mac Brave or Mac Faux. I remember at the time I bought this, for me it was definitely not a dupe for either Mac lipstick, not on the back of my hand nor on my lips, and it just gave me 'dead lips'...an indescribable color that sure was not flattering, and also felt very drying on the lips. This went into the garbage this time. While I may save a lipstick to wear in conjunction with something else to tone it down or add warmth or whatever, I just see no use for this for me, and with it feeling so drying on the lips as I remember, it was a definite go-in-the-garbage lipstick, at least for me. Quite possibly the ugliest shade of lipstick I've ever tried and again, while sometimes I can pair the 'ugly' lipsticks with something. this was just such a terrible formula that it went into the garbage, where it sadly should have gone way back when I first purchased it. Sorry if this seems harsh, but when something is touted as a dupe for something and is not (at least not for me) and the shade is incredibly ugly on yourself and the performance is terrible and it dries your lips out like the Sahara, then..you just definitely do not like it... Sorry, Nyx and fellow Thalia fans, this one was and is a definite 'no' for me...

on 2/4/2016 7:06:00 PM

One of my favorite NYX shades. Love it! Slightly shimmery, just a bit darker than natural. Goes with everything, great neutral color.

I have a very hard time finding shades that work with my coloring (bright red hair, light cool skin tone, brown eyes). If something looks nice with my skin, it clashes with my hair or vice versa. Colors aimed at gingers tend to be orange-based, and make me look like a pumpkin, and nice rose tints usually come out too purpley on me. I took a chance on this and it's the perfect balance. Super flattering and not too dry like some brands. Hooray! The texture is soft so a little goes a long way. It doesn't scream "MAKEUP!!!" - just looks like a more glamorous version of you. I strongly recommend NYX Thalia to anyone who has trouble finding the right lipstick.