NYX Professional Makeup Lipstick- #529 Thalia

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/17/2018 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nowadays that everything is in matte, makeup is becoming very drying. I like the matte concept but it is rough on my lips. Plus, my lips are pretty sensitive and can swell up using the cheap ones. This lipstick is moisturizing but it looks matte which makes it perfect. The shade is definitely plum and nude. It looks great with mauve blush. Happy days!

on 12/15/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this shade . I’m a nw18 skintone with very pigmented lips. This shows up a plummy nude tone. My favoite way to wear this is over Kat Von D liquid lipstick in shade Ludwig. It helps soften the dryness of the liquid lipstick and also changing the color of the KVD shade to a slightly rose brown shade instead of a fawn brown. I love this shade over other matte lipsticks as welll like Blankety by MAC. This really does transform a number of too plain nude shades into something lush and beautiful. The NYX lipsticks are the most moisturizing of any I have tried besides with the exception of a few rouge volupte YSL shades I use to have.

on 10/16/2017 6:55:00 AM

This is one of the worst shades I've ever tried. On me it looks like a greyish purple and it washes me out completely. I threw it in the trash can after using it for one day. The staying power is average I think (perhaps for about three hours or so). I think I looked like a corpse:) For some reason I think I need at least some warmth in my lipstick shades and there was none in this one.

on 7/21/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What a surprise. Oh, I am so in love with this lipstick. Muted rosy mauve with the right amount of moist. It reminds me of the lip color which Ornella Muti wore in Count of Monte Cristo.

My tired lips come alive and I am also using it as a touch of blush.
What more can I say.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

On me, Thalia is a cool mauve cream lipstick. It is very opaque, but it still looks quite natural on me. The formula feels nice and creamy on the lips, which means that on its own it doesn't last very long, but with a liner or NYX's lip primer it wears nicely. The packaging is simple but sleek, and I like having the product color on the bottom so it is easy to find. This is a go-to lipstick for me if I want a MLBB or nude that isn't too light.

on 5/8/2017 7:29:00 PM

I couldn't do this color because it pulled way too gray and was really dry on me. With my pale skin and blonde hair I looked dead. It might look nice on dark skin tones though.

This lipstick is one I pull on in the middle of the day and want to freshen up in a not so obvious way. This is an amazing neutral color and does a lot to define a face when you don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup. The cons are that it's quite moist and shiny, and it doesn't last long. I would prefer it to have more longevity and to be a bit more matte, but at least it doesn't dry out your lips. I would imagine it would be flattering on most skin tones. This is one of those perfect shades in my opinion. I don't feel the need to mix or blend it with other colors.

This is a nice lipstick. The shade is a purplish mauve with a satiny-glossy finish. It's drawbacks are that it doesn't last long and it's a bit slippery with no real adherence to the your lips.

on 2/4/2016 7:06:00 PM

One of my favorite NYX shades. Love it! Slightly shimmery, just a bit darker than natural. Goes with everything, great neutral color.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I pulled this out while going through my stash and remembered quickly why I did not like it and even wondered why it was still in my stash and I had not thrown it away. This was supposed to be a dupe for Mac Brave or Mac Faux. I remember at the time I bought this, for me it was definitely not a dupe for either Mac lipstick, not on the back of my hand nor on my lips, and it just gave me 'dead lips'...an indescribable color that sure was not flattering, and also felt very drying on the lips. This went into the garbage this time. While I may save a lipstick to wear in conjunction with something else to tone it down or add warmth or whatever, I just see no use for this for me, and with it feeling so drying on the lips as I remember, it was a definite go-in-the-garbage lipstick, at least for me. Quite possibly the ugliest shade of lipstick I've ever tried and again, while sometimes I can pair the 'ugly' lipsticks with something. this was just such a terrible formula that it went into the garbage, where it sadly should have gone way back when I first purchased it. Sorry if this seems harsh, but when something is touted as a dupe for something and is not (at least not for me) and the shade is incredibly ugly on yourself and the performance is terrible and it dries your lips out like the Sahara, then..you just definitely do not like it... Sorry, Nyx and fellow Thalia fans, this one was and is a definite 'no' for me...