Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer

Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer

1.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was the first eye shadow primer I bought so it seemed exciting and effective but since I have now tried better ones, it's not that great. It can pill up if you are not careful and it does not cover any veins or darkness on the lid. It has almost a pearly texture.

on 5/14/2016 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I won this primer in a gift basket from shoppers drug mart (still love rexall better) and got very excited. I love the applicator, a little stiff for precision and in the style of a lip gloss wand (think lip smackers) it felt velvety soft and I loved it! Now the formula is a different story, it was kind of oily and I had to keep my eye shut for about a minute while fanning my eyelid to speed up the drying process. If I opened my eye without I fully drying, it creased and I had to redo my eye. The primer when on white with a soft pearly sheen, honestly I would wear it by its self. The packaging lied, it did not make my eyeshadow water proof, but it did keep my shadow vibrant and fresh for over 6 hours before it finally creased. (My shadow lasts about 4 hours on a good day) I won't be buying again only because I usually use my foundation or face primer to prime my eyelids and it works pretty much as well.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

When I went to Walgreens and saw this product was half off, I should have known that the product was not successful. The primer was an oily liquid that only made my eyeshadow crease excessively. My eyeshadow likes better with no primer than it did with the use of this primer. Would not recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I really like this primer! Shocker!
First of all if your eyelids are oily or greasy, this will not be your cup of tea. I love this because it has an oily consistency but if you let it set for 3 seconds on your eyelids it stays put, with a pearly finish. Other primers dry out my eyelids horribly because my eyelids are not really that oily. So once I apply eyeshadow over this Rimmel eyeshadow base, the colors look a lot more vibrant and metallic, but most of all they just stay there like glue!
I did the test my rubbing, tugging and letting water fall on my eyelids. The eyeshadows didn't budge at ALL!
Affordable and forgiving with non oily eyelids, really good product!!!

I bought this at Target when I found it in the clearance bin. I was excited to use it, and was very disappointed. It had a very greasy and oily consistency, and smelled a little odd. It made my lids feel slimy, and the applicator was very rough on my skin (I don't like those kinds of applicators for eye primers in general, so maybe it's just my personal preference). It did a decent job keeping shadows on, after I waited for it to dry for a second. I threw it out after a couple days, since it was on sale for less than a dollar anyway, and not worth the hassle to return.

on 12/10/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Didn't work well for me.... It just didn't seem to blend in to my eyelids... It just set on top and when I tried to apply eyeshadow (wet or dry) it just mushed all together.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At least I am not the only person to like this product - in fact love it! I am really shocked to see the negative reviews and scores and I probably would not have bought this product if I had seen these reviews. Oh well, here are some of the things I like about the product.

1) it is cheap. The Urban Decay primers are lovely but I can buy about four of these for the price of one of those.
2) it makes my eye shadow last all day. Once I apply this, my eye shadow does not budge.
3) It can make all the difference to not so well pigmented eye shadows.
4) Ease of application.
5) does not irritate my eyes.

This does not really neutralise the pinky pigmentation of my eyelids but it makes the eyeshadow apply so well, I don't really need anything to neutralise them.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i truly am shocked at the many horrible reviews this has, i am not saying this is HG but its
a nice DS primer. I have normal lids and i like it very much, reminds me of the NARS shadow primer (but 20$ cheaper) it does take a min to dry for shadow application, the price is def
a bargain and i had my shadow last and no slip ect as other reviews. so IMO its a good product if on budget.

This is not an eye primer. Primer are suppose to make eye shadows last longer this primer makes it last shorter without it. It's a waist of money. Don't buy it.

I must echo what everyone else has said.

I could tell as soon as i tried to apply it that it was not going to be a good primer. It was impossible to apply a smooth layer, it was creasing up even when my eye was closed and skin was taut. It's say to let dry before applying eyeshadow but it took ages to 'dry' and even then it still felt quite moist and moved easily.

I'm so glad it was dirt cheap so i don't feel to cheated when I throw it in the bin after only a couple of uses.