Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne System

Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne System

2.7

Overall it wasn't a bad product. I didn't see any miracles happen to my face after using it everyday morning and night, but it did it's job. I definitely won't be repurchasing. The price is just too high for something I didn't love. I have cheaper alternatives that I like much more.

I just love this product. At first I thought spending $18 on the cleanser, and $13 on the spot treatment was crazy. But you use so little, and when I asked the rep, she said it would last me 4-6 months for the cleanser alone. I can well afford that! :)

Here is where you could run into problems if you don't know how to use it. You use a pea sized amount of the cleanser, if that. Seriously, wet your face good, and only use that amount. More will burn. The rep said to keep it small. For the first week I had to use it twice a day, and then all the sudden my VERY oily face started getting dryer, my face wasn't covered in oil in less than an hour. :) It was great. Now I just have to use it once a day.

I think something people may not realize as well is that when you start a new acne treatment, you have to give it a few weeks to really start working. If there are any hidden acne, they still have to work their way out, and so during the cleaning out at the beginning, you might even have more acne because it's bringing up all the ones that would usually take 1-4 weeks to work their way up.

My pores are smaller. I started getting acne scars about a year ago, this has taken some away, and the others are fading! I was starting to get boil like zits on my chin, and then I would have large lumps after that wouldn't go away. They're gone now! And I haven't gotten new ones. My nose was ALWAYS red, all over, like Rudolph, and it was nothing to have 20 white head or open zits on it at any given time. It hurt to touch, it hurt to have my glasses on it. Now my nose is nice and peach coloured, and you can barely notice the pores that you could once see from several feet away. I also love the spot treatment. I also get under the skin zits, they sit and fester for weeks, and get really sore by the time they come out. I tried it on one the other day that just started, and within two days the head had popped out, and you couldn't even tell a zit had been there! It saved me weeks of grief! I just cannot say enough about this product.

If you find it is drying out your skin, I'd suggest using less (a pea sized is the MOST you should use of the cleanser, you can use a lot less, just add a bit more water if you need to help thin it out) and using less often. I thoroughly soak my skin with water first, then apply gently, and rinse. thoroughly. Then I dab a cloth onto my skin to dry it. I heard rubbing to apply cleanser, or rubbing to dry your skin can cause irritation, dryness, and flaking. If you find your skin is still oily, before adding more product, or using more often, just see if leaving the cleanser on for another 30 seconds to just sit there will help. Let it sit, don't over rub it in. Literally, once you've covered your face with a thin layer of it, there should be no more touching until you rinse.

I am not an expert, these are just the things that really helped me benefit the most from these two products. I have thought about looking further into the line, but these two products help me SOOO much, that I don't see the need to at the moment. I WILL be buying this again when I need to, but it lasts so long, it will be a few more months before I even need consider that. :) The new charcoal mask has me very tempted though to look into another of their products. :)

on 5/16/2017 8:00:00 AM

This product worked wonders on my skin. It so far has my skin feeling better. My only issue is that it has made it easier for my face to be sunburnt which I've never had a problem with before. The sunburn is my fault mostly because I don't like wearing sunscreen lol. My severe acne is almost gone entirely. It didn't dry my skin out like many others said either.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mom sells Mary Kay, so she gave me this to try and help my breakouts. I've had break-out prone skin since I was 8 years old. I tried Proactive and it did not work for me. This product, however, works wonders for my skin. I have very smooth and clear skin now. After reading some of the other reviews for this product, I feel like some people are not using this product correctly. This product is suggested for a once a day use, not twice a day like many other products. Also, when you start a new cleansing system, it takes your body a week or so to get used to it. If you are using the products in conjunction with products from other brands, that will cause you to have skin issues. Only use these products together. DO NOT use some of these and some of another brand. Also, if you start breaking out after using this product that is normal. Your pores hold up to 9 months of dirt, so cleansing will bring this dirt to the surface. Anyways, these products cleared my skin up and I love them. They are very affordable, and this brand is very reliable. If you are not satisfied with your products, send them to MK and you will be refunded.

on 8/31/2016 2:56:00 PM

It really works for my skin type. I apply it after the shower every day, and it keeps my skin overall clear. If I use it every day and night for 7 days it makes my skin smooth and makes zits smaller. Would definitely recommend.

on 5/21/2016 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I' ve been having acne prone teenage skin and I have tried many things. I used this product regularly for over TWO MONTHS and saw no difference whatsoever. It didn't worsen my skin, but wasn't worth the 50 bucks I had spent on it. Would NOT recommend .

My mom bought me this product cause I have trouble getting rid of my acne. I'm 16 and this has helped my acne a lot! The acne that I have is almost gone, my acne scars are going away! It's just amazing! I've only had ClearProof for a couple of days and my face has improved since then. My pimples dry up with the acne gell which I put on everyday, and I wash it out when I wake up. So thanks to this treatment I'm more comfortable in my skin :)

on 1/6/2016 10:43:00 AM

I received this product from Mary Kay and I am quite unhappy. I began using it just in the evenings to test it out at first. The cleanser is fine but it didn't really feel like it was doing much. The toner does feel like it cleans out your pores, but the moisturizer is extremely runny and feels like putting cooking oil on your face. I was not at all fond of this moisturizer, especially because the cleanser and toner felt so drying. The spot treatment gel is alright, I'm not sure it's more or less effective than other spot treatments I have used in the past, but I do use it and it's gentle enough to use daily. The other three products have left me with a rashy, scaly, dry feeling and appearance on my face. I will not use these products again, perhaps the spot treatment. I will continue to use that but after today the other products are not going to be used. I am very disappointed as I used this product on two separate time periods ending in the same results.

on 9/17/2015 8:19:00 AM

I have only used Clearproof face wash for 2 days once the first day, and twice the next. I do not recommend this to anybody! It had burned my lips. Now my face has broke out in hives. Mary Kay needs to take this product off of their line. No one deserves to go through such horrifying pain and irritation. You want to make money? Sell the right things! NOT STUFF THAT RUINS SKIN!!!!!

on 7/1/2015 6:52:00 PM

This product made me break out in hives all the way across my face. Will never use it again. Considering not using Mary Kay products all together because this being my first experience with it it has scarred me. Itchy, dry, awful effects. Never again. Dont buy this!