Urban Decay Vice 2

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay Vice 2

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

my first high end palette ever :) Takes me back to a few years ago. I found this so edgy and exciting! I love popping a colour on, but my only problem is I never really did whole eye looks with this even though I have it sitting for several years.
I'm thinking of experimenting with this palette again now though!
I mainly use it for the purples on the lids, and love dope and habit as a base. Surprisingly I found that the shade derailed is great for putting on dark brown eyebrows for a natural look! My favourite shade out of all of these is shell shock. I have hit the pan on it, I just constantly go to it for highlighting the inner corner of my eyes. The colour is to die for!!! So bright and metallic, but not grey either! It's a really silvery bling bling white which I love. The best is that it's super pigmented so you don't gotta layer it a lot, just a couple swipes and BAM. I would love to be able to purchase this as a single eyeshadow.... or maybe I can find a dupe.

on 3/30/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

awesome palette housed inside very nice packaging. i love the crystal UD on the front. the eyeshadows themselves are extremely pigmented and blend well. somewhat unwearable colors, however- i've had my palette for maybe a year and a half and i've only used it a couple of times. but that's my own fault!

Great pallete. I love the colour "Rewind" to your eyebrows!

Great palette when looking for fun colours to try. All of the shades are wearable and last for a long time without creasing.

on 11/17/2014 5:07:00 PM

This is very good, very versetile palette. The packing is amazing, very elegant and stylish . The palette comes with a good quality,HUGE mirror, 20 beautiful shadows and a nice dual-ended brush. The quality and the pigmentation of the eyeshadows is very good. This palette consists of nice selection of both neutral shades for a daytime look and some dark and vibrant shades more appropriate for a nightime or party. There are some unique shades such as prank, voodoo and betrayal. All in all I can recommend this to everyone, such a shame it was a limited edition palette :(

on 7/30/2014 4:17:00 PM

Personally, I think that Urban Decay needs to make the Vice palettes part of their permanent collection. I absolutely adore this palette & use it alot. I would say it's probably the most versatile palette I own, as there are 20 shadows, & enough in there to create tons of looks. There's a good variety of lights & darks, neutrals & more colorful shades. And there's a good variety of textures as well. There are more metallic & pearly shades, but that's what Urban Decay is known for so that's to be expected. However there are some mattes. The packaging is gorgeous, you get a nice big mirror & the brush it comes with is nice as well. The shadows are very pigmented, & blend really nicely with little fallout. For $59 it isn't exactly cheap, however you are getting 20 colors so really it's not a bad deal at all.

on 6/6/2014 9:04:00 AM

My boyfriend bought me this after hearing me rave about the Naked palette for almost a year. I was not disappointed! It's the perfect addition to my beloved Naked which has served me well for natural looks. This palette is great for spicing up a look with rich colourful shades that are simply amazing for nights out, and it also hosts an array of natural tones for day wear too, including some pinks which I don't have in my Naked palette. Very happy!

on 4/20/2014 1:15:00 AM

I missed out on the original so when this debuted there was no way I was missing out on this one so snapped it up quick and so pleased I did. This is love!

If you want variety - a selection of natural eye looks and bold and bright looks then this is the palette for you and how cool that it's all present in one palette. This has to be one of my most reached for in "just a little bit bigger than it should be collection".

Great packaging and decent sized mirror for travel though the palette itself is a little on the bulky side and had it been made a little slimmer would be the ideal travel companion. Maybe the next one UD.

I love all the browns, but the real stand outs for me that I can not get enough of are Coax: the prettiest pink and nothing like anything I already have. I also love Betrayal: an iridsecent metallic violet.. Shellshock: is a nice bright silver and Strike: a true gold. So many endless combinations of eye looks in the one palette.

They apply smoothly and are well pigmented and last true to colour all day with primer. The least pigmented that needs a bit of layering to get true colour payoff is X-Rated, but the rest perform well. They also work well as shadow liners in the darker colours.

I can't see myself using this up as I have never used up a whole palette yet but if something was to happen to this it would certainly be getting replaced.

on 2/23/2014 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

It's a very pretty palette, but I wouldn't repurchase it. I have hazel eyes, am fair (Bourjois 51, BB 02 Sand - less orange) and to me, the shades are too dark and/or black.
They last long after applied, perform really good, easy to blend, great pigmentation, the mattes aren't dry... Everything's perfect, but the tone of colors.
I bought the palette because of the following colors: Rewind and Habit, for being neutral matte shades; Coax and X-rated, being pretty pink colors, Shellshock, because I haven't got a nice silver shade and Betrayal, because it's a fluorescent purple.

The palette is a nice mix of colors and neutrals, and it's a nice palette to start your eyeshadow collection: neutrals (7), blacks (3), highlighter (2), dark colors (7), light colors (7), different family colors (black, silver, pink, blue, gold, green, purple, brown, taupe). You can make a formal, everyday or a nights out look.

BLACKS: Smokeout (eg. Creep), Lovestick (with silver glitter that doesn't transfer), Poison (greyish, but as a black), Voodoo (duochrome: black-purple), Prank (blackish blue). I feel like there are too many blacks. I don't use them. I would be fine with one black, but this many? I use a black gel eyeliner so I just use a black for darkening the look, but not that often to justify so many dark and black looking shades.

BROWNS: I have the Naked 1 and 3, and I made myself a MAC 10 pan palette of brown, so I have similar colors: Radar and Radar (eg. Snakebite, Darkhorse), Derailed (Satin Taupe, Mugshot, Darkside). Rewind is a nice medium matte brown, perfect for crease.

NEUTRALS: Habit (eg. WOS, but not noticeable lighter) is a nice blending color and good for brow highlight, Dope (eg. Virgin but darker, Sin but less pink) i like the most - I am a fan of this type of shades because the metallicness is not that noticeable for an everyday look, but they 'lift' the eye. I adore combining Dope with Rewind.

GOLDS: Strike (more yellow than Half Baked) I will never use. I don't like golds.

SILVER: Shellshok is a true silver (Gunmetal is way darker).

BLUES: I have never used blues, but teals. I like to apply them on the lower lashline when wearing a neutral eye. Prank has a lot of black in it, Madness is a royal blue. Madness is dark but pretty.

GREENS: Damaged is a royal green, if that exist :D. I don't have MAC Humid, but it may be similar. Stash is like Sumptuous olive. Both nice shades.

PINKS and ORANGES: Toxic is a mix of pink and orange; haven't used it but looks pretty in the pan. Coax is less cranberry than Last Call or Cranberry, a nice metallic medium pink. X-Rated is matte baby, medium pink.

And that's it!
I wouldn't recommend this palette to someone who has a lot of palettes like me. I am very attracted to UD since I find they make best eyeshadows and that the palettes are a great value. The quality is superb and the performance is unbeatable.

I have: Naked 1, Naked 3, Naked Basics, Ammo 2, and by Sigma the Crème de Couture palette (which I feel isn't as pigmented and vibrant as it looks).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This palette is seriously the business. I love UD generally, but I tend to stick to the Naked line because I'm definitely more a neutrals woman than anything (although my New Years Resolution is to change that) and I received this as an unexpected Christmas gift.
I had no interest in the original Vice palette, so this what a little bit of a surprise and I was at first worried I wouldn't use the majority of the colours because there are definitely a few in there that are not for everyday wear. However, they do have about seven shades in the palette of which you could use for everyday. These are:
. Dope- A shimmery peachy pink, definitely a good highlight colour, or maybe all over lid
. Toxic- A rosy frosted pink, slightly deeper than dope but the two go well together
. Habit- Quite similar to W.O.S from Naked Basics, except a little less pink, I use this in the crease and put other colours on top as it works well for blending out for those smoky, blown out looks
. Ambush- This is a bronzy brown, a little less deep than Naked's smog but along the same lines
. Rewind- A classic matte brown, good for blending out or working into the outer 'v', quite a light brown though not too deep
. Derailed- This is one of my most favourite shades, its a taupe shade with a quite warm undertone, its a shimmer and goes really well in the crease and outer 'v'
. Radar- Its a another warm brown/bronze shade except this has quite a lot of micro glitter so expect some fallout when working with it

All of the shadows in the neutral section blend out really well, I'd say that Radar has to be my least favourite because the micro glitter makes it a little hard to work with and a little less blendable. Habit and Derailed are my favourites because whilst habit is a basic shadow it is so good for blending out with other colours. Derailed is also so gorgeous and really good for intensifying a smoky look which I do most often.
The rest of palette contains shadows which you probably wouldn't traditionally reach for if you were doing an everyday look for work or something, but you can definitely still rock them. My two particular shades that I have used a lot recently and are my favourite of the entire palette are:
. Betrayal- This is a violet, frosty purple with blue and pink undertones. It can be a little too sheer, so using a base first is definitely recommended, or maybe a little bit of fix plus to bring the pigment out more, but it is a really fabulous colour that makes green or brown eyes really pop.
. Voodoo- This is a deep metallic purple with micro glitter once again, but it is a lot more fine than the one in Radar so its easier to work with. It also has a black/brown undertone that makes it perfect for deepening the crease or outer v and compliments the Betrayal shade really well.
Even though this is a purple look it works really as an everyday look, you can either dress it down or crank it up depending on what situation you would be wearing it for. I also love to use 'Blackheart' (a black with red/rose gold glitter) from the Naked 3 palette to work in the v with Voodoo and Betrayal for something really smoky and blown out it is seriously ah-mazing!!
There are also three quite deep and dark colours which are:
. Smokeout- Another quite dark satin taupe, which comes off as a little bit more black when worn on the eye, and not too much glitter, which is nice.
. Lovesick- This shadow is a black with silver glitter. Its not exactly my favourite, but UD have a habit of including a black like this in a few of their palettes. It is a lot like the shadow 'Spell' from the Theodora palette, the black half of it obviously.
. Poison- Another favourite of mine, this is a really deep green/blue like it looks like a very dark green in pan but it you can definitely see a blue/black when used. Another good outer 'v' colour.
My least used shades would have to be:
. Shellshock- A very light silver which is very similar to 'Oz' from the Glinda palette, and whilst this is a very unique silver I am just not a big user of silver unless its a going out look and I mix it with black
. Coax- A shimmery, frosted baby pink with a hint of lavender purple, looks a little duochrome. As pretty as it is, I just don't use pink often.
. X-rated- Quite a disappointing shadow for me, just a powdery baby pink.
The last few shades to mention are two blue ones, which are called Prank & Madness. Prank is a light slightly pale denim colour, and Madness is a deep indigo with micro glitter. I find blue slightly terrifying, like I'm going back to the 80s, but I am trying to make it wearable.
Strike is a light gold, and UD always like to have a gold in there somewhere, and its definitely not like other gold's from them, so its quite refreshing. Could be good for fun summery looks.
And onto the greens it is Stash, which is a gorgeous olive, with hints of gold and little bit of taupe. The only colour I could compare it to is 'Moonstone' from Too faced. A beautiful shade that you could incorporate into an everyday look. The other shade is Damaged, which is more of an emerald green with a black undertone.
I'm sorry this review is sooo long! But its such a large palette with a lot to talk about. Overall, its fantastic, I would definitely recommend if like me, you are looking to branch out from all the neutrals! Would definitely repurchase although I'm pretty sure its limited edition.