4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

This is a light pink matte shade that I use on the lid. I usually use it with the Naked 3 palette and use the rosy matte shade from the palette in the crease and Leather and Lace on the lid. This combination really makes my hazel eyes pop. It makes the green look very bold and when paired with rosy blush, works very well for spring and summer, and looks really great with black or off white clothing. My skin has pink undertones so Leather and Lace works well for me alone or paired with brown liner. It's a different version of a nude eye. I've also worn it with a matte plum shadow or a brown shadow a tone deeper (Urban Decay Naked)k in the crease and it works well with both of these . However, I rarely wear shadow these days and when I do I stick to mattes and most of the time I do a simply eye with one shadow, usually a nude shade like Leather and Lace (if I'm wearing something in a cool tone) or NYX Naked Truth (a nude shade) and sometimes some liner (Lorac Espresso). If I'm going somewhere special, I'll add a crease shade but I always use lots of black mascara (Maybelline Rocket waterproof). I like NYX shadows and think they're on par with high ends brands like Urban Decay. They feel almost creamy and they're not chalky but are quite pigmented and there's very little fallout. Leather and Lace is one of my favorite nude shades and I always have a few backups on hand, just in case. It's no longer in the stores, but is available on Amazon, thank goodness. If you're looking for a light pink matte shade that works well with many different shades, then Leather and Lace is a good choice. I highly recommend it.

About reviewer (316 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

5 years ago

Lace is one of my favourite eyeshadows to use as a base. It is a light tan leaning pink and is relatively pigmented. I have Coquette from the same line (a purple with greyed out tones) and they pair so well together! There is minimal fallout so I can do my eye after finishing my face, and the formula is not drying, it feels a bit creamy. I recommend using a primer since the wear time is not amazing. If not you may need touch-ups every few hours.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

from

5 years ago

Beautiful dirty pink matte color with a silky smooth texture. Totally brighten the eyes and covers all those little veins. perfect base to pinks, purple and cool toned peaches and taupes. It stays put all day, and looks amazing. Too bad its made in China :(

About reviewer (192 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

This is one of the few products I stock up on. This is a perfect shade to build other colors on. I am fair, but this shadow would probably work on anyone. Seems like I am always trying new products, but this one I repurchase all the time. ONE OF THE BEST NEUTRAL MATTES OUT THERE.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesHazel

6 years ago

Wow! What a smooth creamy satin matte shadow. It looks pinky nude in the container but it goes on ivory cream with a hint of beige. A very Burberry makeup ad looking shade. It covers completely, can be used by itself as a wash or in the corners & browbone as a highlight. Lasts all day, doesn't fade or change and blends well. Won't change other colours used with it. No skipping like I had with Maybelline Linen. Doesn't hurt my sensitive skin, no reaction. I pack it on using a sponge applicator then blend with a soft brush. True satin matte, won't accentuate wrinkles or crepey bits. LOVE IT!!!!

About reviewer (296 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

from

7 years ago

This a great neutral with pink tinge wash/highlight eye shadow. I usually use Lap Dance in the NYX Nude Matte e/s to brighten my eye area, but this is perfect when i am going for a pink/purple/gray look. Such a great discount find. This and Lap Dance are my two favorite washes ever. I am NW20 with almost black hair, brown eyes.

About reviewer (1199 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

7 years ago

MAC Bisque DUPE ALERT! This is the closest thing I've found to a Bisque dupe since MAC regrettably discontinued it. It's slightly lighter, a tad pinker, and even though it's supposed to be matte, it does have a touch more "pearliness" to it than Bisque does. It's not an exact match but it's close enough for me. A great natural, nude, leaning cool. Great pigmentation, great wear (although I ALWAYS wear a primer of some sort underneath my eyeshadow, weather it MAC Painterly Paint Pot, UDPP, or R.E.I.G.N. Stay Put Eye Primer), so I cannot vouch for it's longevity without one. The packaging is like a shinier, cheaper MAC version of the potted eyeshadow. Bought it at ULTA the other day for around $5. I would buy again. Check this out if you're into neutrals and/or are looking for something to replace MAC Bisque.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age36-43