Maybelline Clean Express Facial Towelettes

No Image

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like these makeup removers. Unlike some of the others I have tried (looking at you neutrogena!) they are nicely saturated with just the right amount of product to remove a full face of makeup. The re-closeable package works pretty well, and I haven't had any of them dry out over time.
They remove waterproof mascaras fairly easily.

I do think they are a bit pricier, considering you only get 25, where as a bottle of remover can last for months. I use these almost daily, because they are very convenient and quick. Sometimes I do trim them in half, just to make them last longer.

I do think they leave a slight film on the skin after use. It takes a little bit of rinsing to get that feeling off of my skin. The product claims no rinsing necessary, but I always rinse my face afterwards.

I have repurchased this product many times.

These are some of my favorite makeup removing wipes. They do not irritate my eyes and remove all my face and eye makeup. I am on my second package and will def repurchase.

on 2/22/2014 2:20:00 AM

Maybelline Clean Express products rival my long-time favorite Neutrogena makeup removers. Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover and Maybelline Clean Express Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover are both HG commercial liquid makeup removers in my book, and now HG cleansing towelette Neutrogena's Makeup Remover Towelettes are matched by Maybelline's Clean Express Facial Towelettes. If I couldn't have one brand, I'd have the other. They're the same price and both come with 25 towelettes.

The Clean Express towelettes are packaged standard like most pre-moistened towelettes; typically in a plastic pouch with a plastic resealable sticker on top to retain moisture. Some towelettes have an irritating texture or cleansing formula when wiped across the skin though. Noxema comes to mind for unnecessarily strong cleansing formulas. Maybelline's Clean Express towelettes, like Neutrogena's, are textured like thick, wet but soft tissues, and the cleansing formula is so gentle I'm never worried about my eyes stinging when I press the towelette against my eyelids to remove my eye makeup, even for as long as it takes waterproof makeup to come off. It smells soothing, and doesn't leave an uncomfortable, oily film behind. And most importantly, it removes all my makeup--face, eyes, lips, everything. Fresh-faced! I use a facial cleanser afterward for good measure, but no noticeable leftover makeup in the sink.

I usually remove makeup using olive oil and water, which seems to be the most effective makeup remover for me above all commercial makeup removers, but I think towelettes are a great alternative especially if I'm away from home--like at a gym--or am away from the vicinity of a sink or clean cotton pads for liquid makeup removers. Again, these towelettes and the Neutrogena ones are my top picks.

These are my favorite make up wipes. I used the clean and clear ones until I found these. They take off all of my make up, including waterproof mascara. I have pretty sensitive skin, and a lot of make up wipes burn my face, but these don't at all. They don't leave my face feeling oily or greasy like some wipes do. I have nothing bad to say about these wipes.