Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue

Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue
Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Medicated Balm

3.4

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am surprised at the negative/mixed reviews.

Dr. Rescue in clear/menthol actually works much better than any HE lip moisturizer I ever had.

I use it whenever my lips crack (therefore not often) and it provides an instant relief - my lips look and feel much better in minutes. Cracks usually heal up after a few days when I use this.

Although, I do not plan buying any of the coloured Dr. Rescue products as I was greatly disappointed in the rest of Babylips range.

on 8/25/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this in Coral Crave, and it did do a good job of moisturising my lips. However, the smell and taste is chemically - and rather unpleasant. The packaging is nice, and the price is ok.

on 4/9/2016 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this in Coral Crave and greatly dislike it. It applies completely clear, feels like greasy water due to a thin formula that simply sits on top of the lips and is vaguely shiny, and has a weak, irritating menthol taste. The product is an overpriced dupe of the thin white SoftLips lip balms, which at least don't advertise themselves as tinted or doing anything special.

I love tinted lip balms, and I rank this near the bottom of the pile.

on 5/8/2016 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hate this! I love the rest of the Babylips range but this smells like spot cream. I bought a pale pink one and it took all the colour out of my lips and left a grey / punk cast. Love the others but threw this one in the bin.

Heard great things & saw it was medicated so bought it. It feels great growing on but my lips felt dry within the hour. Then I found out menthol actually dries your lips & doesn't moisturize. Definitely not worth it.

on 2/1/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Ok so I know people say that this stuff actually drys your lips out and stuff (and they might actually be right) but I still think this stuff is amazing. I have lips that are awfully, almost chronically dry. They've constantly got that disgusting white layer on them (I know TMI) and not even the most moisturizing things have helped. That said I've never tried any of the super expensive lip balms from Sephora--like the Fresh or Dior--as I can't make myself spend THAT much money on a lip balm, but I've tried my fair amount of things like Vasaline and Nivea Lip butters. But this stuff is the only thing that actually brings me relief. I like to just put it on and leave it for like 10 minutes, and seriously it makes my lips feel SO GOOD and makes them feel smooth and supple and amazing. That said, I'm not sure how actually moisturizing this stuff is; mostly, I just use it to provide immediate relief when my lips are cracked/bleeding, and then I'll go in with the Vasoline or Nivea.

So yeah moral of the story, this stuff supposedly dry out your lips, but its basically the only thing I've found that provides relief from chapped and cracked lips almost immediately. If you're looking for something on "regular" lips then yeah go with Vasoline or something, but this stuff is great in providing relief when your lips are super cracked and dry.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. I bought it on a whim at Target, and it turns out that I love it! I've never had any of the Baby Lips before, but I needed chapstick and some of my friends endorsed this one over the more expensive Sephora lip balm. It has the same texture plus the tingly menthol of it really works for me. I keep it by my desk and re-apply frequently. My lips are super chapped all the time, mostly from medications I take that make me dehydrated and the joys of working at a university that keeps the ambient humidity at about 3%. This stuff makes my mouth feel much better. It goes on smooth, it tingles nicely, and I feel like my lips are better for it. And it's cheap. I haven't tried the tinted versions, but that's next. I'm a believer.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The name of the one I have, and only one I like of all the baby lips, is too cool.
It is a simple white tube with a clear balm that leaves a light shine on the lips and gives a cooling sensation which I love.
It feels like coconut oil on the lips and has a light menthol scent that is not very strong.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I first bought Dr. Rescue Too Cool because I needed a new chapstick and since then, I'm on my second tube and recently bought Dr. Rescue Pink Me Up and Crystal Line which came packaged up in a pack of 4 from Costco. I would say it works better for me than Nivea. A lot of people complain that the Dr. Rescue line isn't giving them enough colour but this line of chapstick wasn't made for colour! It's a basic, hydrating, blister-healing chapstick and it does the job for my super chapped lips, especially in the winter and with braces on. I like that I can apply it anywhere without worrying if it's smudging colour all over my lips and it applies smoothly with a slight shine. I actually prefer the scent of the cooling menthol to sickening smells of artificial fruit and candy that's found in a lot of other Baby Lips and the slight tingle is nice too. For me it also lasts a decent time, sometimes even over a few hours if I'm not vigorously eating or drinking and I don't find myself reapplying very frequently because my lips feel better for hours afterward. All of my friends have either loved it or hated it so I would say try it out for yourself! It's not pricey and if you can get the 4-pack Costco one like I did for around $10 it's a steal!

on 12/6/2015 9:12:00 AM

I bought this since my lips were dried out like the Sahara desert and it needed moisture stat. I like the smell of mint and the slight tingle on the lips.

My lips don't look or feel dry but when I rub my lips together to even out the product. A small part of my upper lip feels dry against my bottom lip. Which is weird because I usually never get dry upper lip but mostly my bottom one.

I bought this in the color Coral Crave. The color is very sheer coral almost transparent. If you think you are going to buy this for the color is is not recommended. I looks like your natural lip color so it won't make your dry patches more noticeable.

Overall opinion: I don't hate this product but I don't love it either.