Essie After School Boy Blazer

4.8

on 7/19/2018 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I Love the color and formula..... It’s just that simple...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

An excellent Navy Blue from Essie. Color applies well despite the crappy Essie brush. I can get it almost opaque in one coat. Since it's nearly black I used two coats of base coat to keep it from staining, and my precaution paid off. I had been wanting this polish since it first came out and I'm glad that I finally got to try it. This will be great for the fall and winter.

on 11/4/2017 4:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This was the first Essie nail polish I ever bought.

I have to be honest, when I first discovered this brand I wasn't impressed by the color range.
I took me a while before buying anything from them. But when I was at Walmart and I saw that there was a sale on Essie nail polishes I thought I could give it a try. Normaly where I lived they are 9$, with the sale they were only 7,50.$ So I bought this color, which is a really dark blue, because it was the only one that catched my eyes at that time.

Well, I fell in love.

I was suprised by the size of the brush, since I'm used to bigger one I was kind of scared to use it. But actualy it was really easy to use and helped me to get a precise application. The formula was really smooth and applied with ease. The nail polish wasn't fully opaque, it needed two coats to look like the color in the bottle. It dried really quickly between each coats, maybe a minute for each, so it wasn't bad at all. But what made me really love this nail polish is the wear time, without a top and base coat it wore for an entire week. To say the least I was impressed.

This spontaneous purchase ended up to make me enjoy a brand I thought I never would...
This is why I really recomend each and everyone of you to try atleast one nail polish from Essie, atleast After School Boy Blazer because this one is truly amazing.

I'll it buy again for sure!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

A beautiful dark navy shade that's ideal for winter. I prefer this over Midnight Cami as it doesn't look black like MC does. If I want something shimmery, I'll wear Bell Bottom Blues.
These sorts of colours do tend to stain the nails so a base coat is necessary and even then, be prepared for some staining.

Formula is rich and two coats gives me a nice, opaque finish.
Staying power is on par with my favourite Essie polishes - five days.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been searching and searching for the perfect opaque navy, a navy so deep and rich that could -that should- be mistaken for black in certain light, without the slightest interference of cream. After School Boy Blazer is that navy. It glides on the nails like india ink at midnight. Almost a jelly but not quite. Looks brilliant with a glossy top coat, while a matte top coat turns it into velvety fog of carnal mystery.

on 1/20/2016 7:46:00 AM

Pretty cream dark blue navy. Similar to OPI Russian navy without the sparkle. If I had to repurchase, I'd prob choose the OPI as its more unique with the fine reddish sparkle. Still, this is a nice dark color, without being black.

on 10/13/2015 8:31:00 AM

already have a BU of this ..been wearing it non-stop on toes since I got this summer ..just a lovely sort of dark but not too dark contrast shade ..gorgeous !!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This polish is a near-black color, that looks navy blue in sunlight. It is so opaque and so chic, without the harshness of wearing black nail polish. Absolutely love it!

Update: Knocked off a lippie because after a few months of continued use, I'm starting to notice that the brush is driving me insane.- it's a lot smaller than my other Essie polishes.

on 1/23/2015 12:33:00 PM

This is the most perfect dark navy polish. It's almost opaque on 1 coat. I love it. I'm pretty sure it was limited edition so if u can find it I highly recommend picking it up. I'm definitely going to look for another bottle.

on 10/31/2014 10:56:00 PM

Pros:
- opaque in one coat
- classy, almost-blue shade
- essie standard, brush is easy to apply with

Cons:
- may stain nail area, standard for almost all highly pigmented polish

Popular Polishes