Andalou Naturals Citrus Kombucha Cleansing Gel

Andalou Naturals Citrus Kombucha Cleansing Gel
Citrus Kombucha Cleansing Gel

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Purified Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Saccharomyces Xylinum (Kombucha) Black Tea Ferment, Panthenol, Allantoin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Sodium PCA, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract*, Fruit Stem Cells (Argan, Malus Domestica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive Berry Complex*, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Extract*, Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract*, Sucrose Cocoate, Lactic Acid, Tocopherol, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract*†, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil**Certified Organic Ingredients †Fair Trade Ingredients

on 4/19/2019 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this! I actually tried it about 5 years ago and didn't care for it then. It was drying and to me it seemed almost identical to avalon organics vit c cleanser. I rarely used it so I gave it away. I saw they repackaged and reformulated it so I was curious. I have acne-prone-oily-lame skin and it's so hard for me to find cleansers that don't make it all worse. Plus, I've been taking anxiety medication and it's taken me forever to make the connection that it is what's causing me to have super sensitive skin that turns bright red and itchy at night, which I've thought was due to products. I've tried a lot of cleansers that are supposedly gentle and they all burn and brake me out. So I bought this again with not very high hopes as the new ingredient list doesn't look as good as the last and I didn't even really like the last. The new formula has a couple of sulfolaurates and somehow looks less natural. Anyway! I am so impressed with it. I've been using for a month and my skin has really improved. My skin feels perfect after using this. It is literally like, thee perfect cleanser for me. It lathers really well and gets rid of my makeup (I don't wear eye makeup). I think gentle cleansers like this with willow bark really does help clear skin more than salicylic acid. It's just great. I'm going to buy the toner tomorrow.
In case you care, the old ingredient list:
***********Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) and Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Juices*, Saccharomyces Xylinum (Kombucha) Black Tea Ferment, Fruit Stem Cells (Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed) Polyphenols, Lippia Citriodora (Verbena) Extract, Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract*, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract*†, Allantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass) Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil* Non-GMO verified *Organic † Fair Trade********************************************
New improved formula:
************Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Purified Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Saccharomyces Xylinum (Kombucha) Black Tea Ferment, Panthenol, Allantoin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Sodium PCA, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract*, Fruit Stem Cells (Argan, Malus Domestica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive Berry Complex*, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Extract*, Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract*, Sucrose Cocoate, Lactic Acid, Tocopherol, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract*†, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil*
*Certified Organic Ingredients †Fair Trade Ingredients **********************
Sorry for the long review. I just highly recommend:)

on 5/16/2018 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I picked this up from the pharmacy because the cleanser I've been using (The Face Shop Dr. Belmeur Clarifying Foaming Cleanser) was reformulated and I thought Sodium Chloride might be causing the small pimples on some areas of my face. Since I'm using the Pumpkin + Glycolic mask from Andalou, too, without any problems, I thought I'd give this one a go. What could go wrong with using all-natural products, right? So much for the optimism. The gel created an okay foam when lathered, the smell might be too citrus-y? But it didn't bother me enough to be doubtful of the product. The first wash was okay-ish for a few seconds, the surface of my skin felt clean. Then it made my skin feel dry. Too dry. Nonetheless, I continued my routine, put on treatments then moisturizer. Hours later, an inflamed bump appeared on my forehead! A place that rarely has any acne. Used it for a couple more days with my old cleanser that I was so ready to toss out — one side with the Andalou cleanser, the other with half with The Face Shop. Good thing I didn't get rid of my old cleanser because when I compared the Andalou side with the Face Shop side, PIH from the Andalou side was visibly darker (not too much though) and another inflamed bump showed up. Maybe the "surfactants" broke me out or the Kombucha or something. I don't think it's the essential oils because The Face Shop uses it too.

Oh well.

If there was one good thing about this product, it would have to be the quality of the packaging. Pump bottles > tubes! lol

TL;DR - Broke me out, made PIH slightly darker. Boooo.

on 4/14/2018 8:33:00 PM

Love this face wash. It gives a very thorough clean but doesn’t dry my skin out. And it smells great 😍 the ingredients are very good for the price.

I always buy from my local health store and usually trust the products. This was a new brand which I was keen to try. The first time I used it, it was lovely with a gorgeous smell. After the second time I used, however, my skin started to go really dry and red. I didn't think it was the cleanser so I used it one last time and went to bed. WELL, the next morning I felt really groggy, my skin was tight and a little bit painful. I couldn't put any makeup on or even wash my face with water! It felt so dry, like I needed to moisturise but every time I moisturised or put any moisture near my skin- it would sting!!!

Yesterday was EXCRUCIATIING as I had no makeup on at work and kept topping up every few hours with a light moisturiser. My face was also a little bit swollen.

I've taken some antihistamines today and returned the cleanser to the shop. As I soon I went in, the lady began removing it from the shelf as I was the THIRD case she had heard of with this specific cleanser. This is day two of horribly red, irritated and dry skin. I hope it gets better.. PLEASE patch test this product if you are considering using it. I don't have sensitive skin or any allergies (that I know of) and my body has obviously reacted to something in this product. I can see from reviews on here in addition to the stories I heard from the shop that I'm not the only person who has had this experience.

Please exercise caution if you are thinking of buying.. or just do yourself a favour and consider another cleanser!

on 3/12/2017 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this cleanser. I have oily skin and am prone to clogged pores and mild breakouts. I love the gel texture and scent. It doesn't feel drying, but rather that I'm getting a very thorough clean. Love love love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Highly recommend this product. It's great for acne control. I use it every other day as it is quite drying.

on 2/17/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for about a year now. It works perfect with my oily, acne-prone skin. I use this cleanser in conjunction with my Clarisonic. It has never broken me out or caused skin irritation. My husband has also used this and he has dry, sensitive skin. We, do, both put on facial lotion after using this. I haven't had any problems with this cleanser and don't plan on changing up my routine anytime soon. Definitely recommend!

on 12/2/2015 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this product for about 3 weeks and it really didn't work for me.

My skin is usually quite resilient (I've tried multiple cleansers/moisturizers/masks) but after using this product my skin became extremely dry and irritated, and it didn't seem to get better after the third week. It also didn't help control my acne, on the contrary, I actually broke out more when using this product.

I had a bad experience with it, but read other reviews before using it to assess wether it might work for you; everyone's skin is different!

on 5/26/2015 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very good product. Great ingredients. Cutting edge company. Effective - has contributed to my clearer skin more than anything else. Almost all of their products are worth at least 4 lippies. I've tried almost all of them. I spent hundreds on this company without regret. Only all natural company that uses cutting edge science and puts their formulas together safely and effectively!

I wanted to love this, but I think it gave me a rash!