MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

4.9

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Flat out Fabulous is a berry, bold retro-matte finish lippie. You can play this color up or down w/various lip liners and/or glosses to your taste. When I prefer to tone the color down, I use a plum lip liner or if I want a vibrant finish, I'll use MAC Magenta lip liner. Would recommend dabbing lips w/balm before application.

Pros: versatile color, stays put most of the day
Cons: will smudge after meals, constant inflating prices, drying

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this pink on my darker skin tones

on 3/26/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am so in love with this lipstick, perfect if you ask me.. It perks up my look no matter what am wearing. Beautiful colour, nothing compares to this.. Not even my much loved Heroine, Ruby Woo and Rebel. I think it would suit a wide range of skin tones. Am NW43 for reference.

As for the formula, it's pretty much drying being retro matte (super matte!) so be sure to properly exfoliate and moisturize your lips before applying. The upside is that it lasts a looong time which I love coz I don't like having to think of touching up lipstick every hour!

I will definitely be coming back for this baby again and again whenever I run out. Like its name it's simply fabulous!

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

If you love a matte, vivid bluish-tone fuchsia lipstick, then you need not look any further than Flat Out Fabulous! This lipstick is it, indeed. The colour totally pops against my mocha complexion. It is gorgeous. And, it lasts all day!! I applied the lipstick from the tube (with EOS Coconut Milk balm beneath) at 10:30am, ate, drank, and it was still just as vivid when I had to rub (rub hard) it off at 11pm. It is not even categorized as a long-wearing lipstick. It's the retro matte formula and I love it. Go and get this!! It is absolutely worth the money. As a matter of fact, get it in a few highly wearable shades (subject to your own opinion, of course) and you will be set for lipsticks. One application of the lipstick will fix you for the day. It's perfection!

on 1/21/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Flat Out Fabulous is just that! And a bag of chips! This bold, neon-y fuchsia is not for the faint-of-heart. Wallflowers steer clear. Instead, this is a shoulders squared back, chest all the way out, chin up kinda color. It's pigment-rich, matte and long lasting. I'm a deep, chocolate brown "silver fox" and this lippie demands that ALL HAIL THE QUEEN! Add it to your lipstick collection, wear it often, and watch the world swoon!

on 8/30/2014 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

If you love a bold lippy - this is for YOU. It's a great cool toned pink, very univerally flattering and paired with the right lip liner, potentially even better looking. My favourites with this are MAC Lip Pencil in Magenta and/or NYX Lip Liner in Deep Purple. Gorgeous pink, the pigmentation is great and has a completely matte finish which is to my preference. It is a retro matte formula so it can be leading to the drier side but nothing a little Carmex can't fix. Gorgeous shade of fuchsia pink that I'd really recommend.

on 4/9/2014 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This lipstick was the lippie of choice for my wedding day (9.28.2013) as I wanted a nude face and my lips to be center stage. When I received my photos back..oh honey....... when I tell you my photos SCREAMED...they did JUST THAT! This lipstick is amazing and the payoff is even more amazing! I was asked by so many people, "What lipstick were you wearing at your wedding?". The shade name is a true reflection of the lipstick..it's FLAT OUT FABULOUS!!!!!

on 3/14/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I don't get excite about lipstick. I buy colors that I like, but to actually get excited? No. However, I'm excited about this one. When I bought it, I wasn't too sure. I thought I might take it back because it seemed too bright and I didn't like it.

I'm dark skinned so trying to put it on right out the tube does not work for me. I finally put Currant on my entire lips, I then put FOF on, and bam! The color is so pretty and so unique that I whenever I wear it, I can't stop looking at myself.

The only thing I don't like is that matte lipsticks don't look good on my lips so I put a clear gloss on top. I'm glad that they made this perm because this has replaced Rebel as my new fave.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I am completely IN LOVE with this color. I am a fuchsia lipstick kind of person and this is literally PERFECT. I love the long lasting retro matte formula. Yes it is drying but I still find it to be amazing. It's a gorgeous bright but not neon Fuchsia and from what I've seen it looks good on most skin tones. Definitely a staple in my lipstick collection. I'm already almost done with my first. Already have a backup!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Worth every penny!!! I picked this up the first day and I was hooked immediately upon application. I applied this lippie around 10:30am.....I had to remove it for bed around 9pm with coconut oil and it still left a slight stain on my lips. Against my NC45 skintone it is evenly opaque and it simply brightens up my face even if I'm just wearing mascara and blush. I'm glad this collection isn't L/E because I definitely plan on picking up more shades in the future.