MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

Filtered by hair type : Curly
MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

4.9

on 2/9/2016 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got this today and I have to say that I like it more than I expected! I usually go for reds or purples, but I had read a lot of positive reviews about FOF so I decided to try it on. I really like it! I was intrigued by Candy Yum Yum, but I wasn't quite ready for a neon pink so I went for FOF instead. Great shade, especially if you want something that's bright, yet deep and wearable. Basically looks good on anyone!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Flat out Fabulous is a berry, bold retro-matte finish lippie. You can play this color up or down w/various lip liners and/or glosses to your taste. When I prefer to tone the color down, I use a plum lip liner or if I want a vibrant finish, I'll use MAC Magenta lip liner. Would recommend dabbing lips w/balm before application.

Pros: versatile color, stays put most of the day
Cons: will smudge after meals, constant inflating prices, drying

on 11/10/2014 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

As the name suggests ... it is FABULOUS. FOF is such a gorgeous pink that looks so flattering on my skin tone. No lip liner is required but sometimes I like to pair it with MAC's Currant liner which turns it into more of a plum shade but still so gorgeous! I recommend FOF as a must have especially for ladies with brown complexions. Although it is a retro matte formulae I don't find it too drying at all, it glides on easily and does not dry out my lips. This is by far my favorite pink lipstick... It is indeed flat out fabulous!!!! <3

on 10/17/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is aptly named, fabulous indeed! Looks like a cross between Girl About Town and Rebel but with a deep matte finish, very very stricking combo!
The texture is really matte and yes, it's drying and uncomfortable BUT without the matte finish it wouldn't be that perfect. Just be sure your lips are in good shape, use lipbalm and lipliner.
I never add lipgloss on top 'cause I adore it on its own. Staying power is great as well.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This color is just beautiful. Great for all seasons. Works great with magenta and nightmoth liner

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love a good matte lippy and this is a good matte lippy. Looks awesome on brown skin. I wear it often

on 8/10/2014 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My FAVORITE shade of pink. It's not too highlighter pink like Candy Yum Yum or Gladiola, and it's not too purple, like Heroine can sometimes be. It's just a great bright, deep pink. I love that it's matte so it doesn't get all melty in the heat like Girl About Town/ Full Fuschia. It's the perfect pink on my Nc40-42 skin, it just pops. I've been wearing it almost every day this summer. It is rather drying, but not as bad as other retro mattes, and nothing a swipe of lip balm can't fix. Go try it! Must have for pink lipstick lovers, there is nothing else like it in my (rather large) stash.

on 7/30/2014 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love this lipstick! It's such a beautiful color and looks really nice on my skin tone nc40 for reference. Whenever I wear this I get so many compliments. Such a gorgeous color. Just make sure you moisturize your lips before you put this on.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is HANDS DOWN my most favourite pink EVER! No liner required on my complexion. It really is Flat Out Fabulous every single time! Ruby Woo and this gem right here have never let me down. On a day when nothing seems to be pulling together I can grab my RW or FOF and I'm a gorgeous supermodel. It is very dry so if you're not into mattes dont complain about dryness. I though Girl About Town was wow but this knocks even that out the park!