MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

4.5

on 11/2/2017 11:26:00 PM

Flat Out Fabulous is a gorgeous shade of bright purply-pink lipstick from MAC. It has the Retro Matte finish which means that it is extremely matte. The formula of the lipstick is fairly hard, but it still applies on the lips very smoothly. It feels creamy on the lips, and doesn’t dry my lips out. I would recommend using a lip-balm beforehand though (I find Lush’s Honey Trap plays well with MAC lipsticks). It doesn’t bleed or sink into lines - which is great for such a matte shade! I also find this lasts well through eating and drinking and kissing - making it a great one for a fun date night! When it fades, it does seem to fade pretty evenly which is a plus! I believe this would flatter all skin tones. I highly recommend it!

Since yesterday, Flat Out Fabulous is official my HG favorite bold lipstick. I was invented to an event and put on some foundation, mascara, eyeliner and concealer. I was in a hurry and couldn't decide what lipstick I should wear. It had to be a bold lipstick but not a Saint Germain/Candy Yum Yum/Ruby Woo (etc.) one. Never wore FOF before, so I exfoliated my lips, put on lip primer, waited a few minutes and then the surprise: What a beautiful shade! It's bold, bright, yet not too much (people WILL look at you the good or bad way when they see Saint Germain). I wasn't afraid going out with such an outstanding color. It didn't transfer the whole evening (4+ hours with fatty food, drinking and so on). Girls, go buy that color. MAC, I recommend you: Never discount it. Never. Ever!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color is very deceptive online. It appears to be a rich blue based purple with a fuchsia undertone, but in person it's more berry toned and sheer. I don't see the point in sheer MAC lipsticks, so it was returned. None of the other retro mattes live up to Ruby Woo, unfortunately.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This lippy is one of my favs. I just adore Matte lipstick and I like to have a few shades always. This is one of them. Its a beautiful deep fuchsia, which adds beautiful colour to any season. Its not as drying as some of the Retro Mattes but I still use a lip primer. It lasts over 6 hours for work, and I reapply after lunch.

on 5/14/2015 3:43:00 PM

Everything you need to know about this colour is in its name. It really is Flat Out Fabulous.

It looks good on virtually everyone, despite being an intense, bright magenta. I pair it with MAC's lipliner in Magenta.

There is some drag when applying it, as it is a pretty solid matte. I don't find it dries me out, but I could see if you didn't like the feel of mattes like this, you might not like this one, or could find it drying. The colour lasts well and stays at its full intensity for a good length of time.

I hope to never not own a tube of this.

on 3/26/2015 3:14:00 PM

I 100% fail to see how this flipping gorgeous liptick could look bad on ANYONE. It doesn't need another review, but I just want to say that if you're looking for a dark, yet somehow bright?!, look that's not TOO much lip and lasts for hourssss, this is the one. It looks good during the day; it's dramatic enough for night. That's the magic of it. It has the impact of red, but with an unexpected edge. Def drying, but workable.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

One of my favorites! It's a bright (but not too bright) berry, matte (my favorite texture. Also retro matte), color. So beautiful that I bought 2 back ups. Something I hardly do. Amazing color!

on 9/9/2014 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful color. Obviously, it's long lasting. It's matte, just like Diva that I tried but this is drying my lips.

on 9/3/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this lipstick so much I fell in love as soon as I saw it..It is a beautiful fushia/hot pink dark color is it just too beautiful to describe. whenever I wear this I get compliments left and right! MUST HAVE

on 1/27/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good Lord I love this color. I went by MAC to look at Heroine and the sales rep recommended this instead because of my skin-tone (NW20). She was right wow. This is stunning! It comes off as a bright fuchsia on me, even though its marketed as a bright plum.

It instantly brightened my face and compliments my very dark hair and light skin. I tried Heroine and I was disappointed because I love the color, but on me it just seems way too dark :( The sales rep said this was much better on me and I could wear this through spring and summer. I have it on now lol and just love it.

It's a retro matte formula and is very matte. I don't mind the dry because I can easily wear balm under or over. It lasts so long I am just impressed.five hours now with NO wear. I have eaten, drank, and talked alot (I talk too much lol). It is just as bright and has not moved.

One of the happiest purchases I have made!