MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

4.5

on 8/29/2018 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although fabulous on other people, on me Flat out fabulous is too loud and harsh, and made wearable only combined with a deeper lip pencil.
Fine texture-wise, and lasts long.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Flat out fabulous is a fun retro matte lipsticks shade which is so 50s! No kidding, if you like those 50-60s bold lipstick colours this might be your gem!

The formula as with all retro mattes is a tat bit dry, you need to exfoliate your lips beforehand and perhaps use a bit of clear balm on top of it if say you love the colour but want to make it that tiny bit creamier.

I tend to use no lip liner with this lipstick, a good lip brush is enough to define those tiny corners of the mouth and the rest you just fill in straight from the bullet.

I don't think MAC has any similar lipsticks like this one (colour or texture-wise) and I am very happy to own it in my collection!

For lip swatches and other cool MAC lipsticks you can check out this blog post here. Hope it helps!

on 8/30/2014 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

If you love a bold lippy - this is for YOU. It's a great cool toned pink, very univerally flattering and paired with the right lip liner, potentially even better looking. My favourites with this are MAC Lip Pencil in Magenta and/or NYX Lip Liner in Deep Purple. Gorgeous pink, the pigmentation is great and has a completely matte finish which is to my preference. It is a retro matte formula so it can be leading to the drier side but nothing a little Carmex can't fix. Gorgeous shade of fuchsia pink that I'd really recommend.

on 3/5/2014 11:57:00 PM

It is just like it's name. Also being MAC lipstick, the quality is awesome. My fav bright lipstick. Will surely repurchase it !

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

How could I e👐ver look at another lipstick again. This is the best lipstick I have ever owned! I wanted it when it first came out but when i went to the store it was sold out. Months later i go to a mac counter for concealer and the lady mentions they got this back I almost jumped for joy. I quickly got it didnt even try it on. Got home and put it on im NW45 so it figured it would be to bright but its perfect I get endless compliments when I wear it. I mean the name completely fits this one of a kind color when you wear it you feel like a doll or model you just feel pretty and i love love love matte lipsticks. Anyways if you have the money make sure to go get this beautiful lipstick!💙💜💚💛💜

on 2/3/2014 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Flat Out Fabulous is a fitting name for this lipstick. I absolutely adore the color, a vibrant cool fuschia with a hint of plum. The closest lipstick I have in my stash would be MAC Quick Sizzle, although Flat Out Fabulous is a touch darker with more purple undertones. This was my first experience with the Retro Matte formula, which has proven to be a workhorse that doesn't quit. Hours after eating and drinking my lips are still perfection. Although the texture is dry, the lipstick does not dry out my lips. It still glides on easily, unlike Ruby Woo. As long as your lips are in decent shape before applying, you are as good as golden. I will continue to purchase this shade as long as MAC decides to keep making it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just got this at IMATS, it's amazing with red liner (trust me)

on 11/22/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS COLOR! I ordered it online and I was sooo excited lol. It is a fuchsia color on my lips with violet undertones. Looks great on so many different skin tones and the matte finish has gives you an amazing, put together look. A winged liner or simply some mascara plus Flat Out Fabulous is all you need. This is my favorite MAC lipstick ever. I will definitely be repurchasing.!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Flat out fabulous is a neon matte pink on my lips. It looks very much like show orchard does on my lips. Since this is a matte formula, I have to moisturize my lips well before applying it. It also looks better when used with a pink lip liner. It's an okay shade but I will be toning it down with a pinky flesh toned lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

This color is super pretty! I am not a huge pink person, but the lovely matte texture makes the color look super bold, girly and glamorous!

I have very deep ebony skin, so I always shy away from anything pink because I felt that it just didn't go with my dark complexion. Applying the color directly without a liner actually is a little much and comes off way too bright, but paired with a nice deep liner (I use currant lip liner) it tones down the brightness and makes it look more deep pink, which is stunning and brightens up my face. I even like to line my lips with the liner and only fill in the corners of my mouth and a little below my Cupid's bow sand then apply the lipstick, rub my lips together and it creates the perfect, natural ombré! (I prefer to do it THAT way lol)

I even wore this lipstick to a breast cancer walk and it Is the perfect shade!

All I gotta say is dark skinned woman can definitely rock this shade as long as you apply a deep liner to go with it!