MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

4.7

This is a purpley pink which is more pink than purple. It's cool toned and it makes your teeth look white. It's the retro matte formula so that makes it very hard to put on (as opposed to a creamy lipstick) but it also makes it very long-lasting.
It stains your lips and leaves pinkness behind, even on my pigmented lips. You can wear it at night or day with subtle makeup. I'm a sort of light-medium Indian girl with deep brown hair & I wish I could wear this every day. This is my red lip.
I use this lipstick to make an impact.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Flat out fabulous is a fun retro matte lipsticks shade which is so 50s! No kidding, if you like those 50-60s bold lipstick colours this might be your gem!

The formula as with all retro mattes is a tat bit dry, you need to exfoliate your lips beforehand and perhaps use a bit of clear balm on top of it if say you love the colour but want to make it that tiny bit creamier.

I tend to use no lip liner with this lipstick, a good lip brush is enough to define those tiny corners of the mouth and the rest you just fill in straight from the bullet.

I don't think MAC has any similar lipsticks like this one (colour or texture-wise) and I am very happy to own it in my collection!

For lip swatches and other cool MAC lipsticks you can check out this blog post here. Hope it helps!

on 7/11/2015 2:13:00 PM

I have really mixed feelings about this lipstick. The color is absolutely gorgeous. It's very vibrant and pops against my pale skin tone. I wore this out for the first time the other day and got an absurd amount of compliments on it. I felt like a rock star! Haha. But the retro matte formula is awful in my opinion. Sure, it's pigmented and relatively long lasting but towards the end of the day it felt so dry and heavy on my lips that it almost hurt. I have other Mac lipsticks that are the matte formula and none of them come close to being this dry. So while I love the bold and bright color, I don't think I'll ever be buying anything in this formula again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color is very deceptive online. It appears to be a rich blue based purple with a fuchsia undertone, but in person it's more berry toned and sheer. I don't see the point in sheer MAC lipsticks, so it was returned. None of the other retro mattes live up to Ruby Woo, unfortunately.

on 5/23/2015 10:44:00 AM

For sure my favorite MAC Lipstick! Is so beautiful, a pink color with purple undertone, really opaque and looks good on every skin tone. AMAZING!

on 2/15/2015 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Far out this baby has some serious staying power! I have dry lips so prep is a must, though I get about 4 hours of solid wear before needing to apply a balm over the top to prevent flaking. Yet it lasts all day and into the night,leaving a more rosy pink stain when it does finally fade. The colour is vibrant and although bright surprisingly wearable and flattering with many looks. Retro matte means super matte. Even the balm I apply over it throughout the day only shines it temporarily, and mind you the effect is just as delicious looking. It doesn't pull as much as ruby woo when applying, and a good lip brush can fix that if it bothers you, but I find it very user friendly for a matte. Although it appears opaque I have a freckle on my lip I can still see through it if I look closely. This isn't visible with the MAC luxe Catharina which is a very similar colour, but it's not enough to warrant losing a lippy over. I have a small cut on my lip that it has stained bright pink for 2 days now, even after removing it with oil and cleansing a few times. Food and drinks are no match, I don't need to touch up after most meals. This lipstick is indeed fabulous and seriously means business if you like your lip products to be long wearing, and frankly who doesn't?

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i loveeeeeeeeee flat out fabulous this color looks really good on any skin tone ..... color stays on all day ..... love mac lipstick

on 1/21/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Flat Out Fabulous is just that! And a bag of chips! This bold, neon-y fuchsia is not for the faint-of-heart. Wallflowers steer clear. Instead, this is a shoulders squared back, chest all the way out, chin up kinda color. It's pigment-rich, matte and long lasting. I'm a deep, chocolate brown "silver fox" and this lippie demands that ALL HAIL THE QUEEN! Add it to your lipstick collection, wear it often, and watch the world swoon!

I LOVE this lipstick ! Beautiful pop of colour that rounds off any make up look, the amazing matte finish that makes it last forever.
Also I got 10% off at Selfridges because of the sales so get down their!

on 12/25/2014 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Beautiful pinky purple, perfect color for medium brown skin tones. Stays on forever, it's Mac price so there's not much to say about that but the finish is perfect. Love that it stays on through almost anything