MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

4.6

on 11/10/2018 6:20:00 PM

Even though is a blue toned color, I think this lipstick work on pretty much any skintone, it's an universal bold pink with strong blue undertones. It does make a statement and it's a good choice for a night out. Just remenber to use the mac lip prep+prime before wearing this, because as a retro matte formula, this is totally drying.

on 4/12/2018 2:38:00 PM

I haven't seen such a high score on a product in a while... And it's easy to see why. This simply is, flat out fabulous! It instantly brightens up my face and it lasts all day. It fades to a deep stain. Yes it is a bit drying but the colour is just so, well, so flat out fabulous, that you forgive it anything. It is quite bright so I usually wear it with a simple eye look and winged black liner otherwise I imagine it could look garish. Nonetheless I cannot resist wearing it on a day by day basis, as it's so flattering and such a pick me up. But secretly I wish I had my wedding coming up (sob, will my prince never come!) and this could be my unique wedding shade. Because it's classic but it's got an edge to it that you don't get with a red lip. It's also, yes, retro. I think Moxie and this are possibly my favourite retro but edgy bright lipsticks. To me, this is like a tamed down Candy Yum Yum. Which is another fabulous colour, but a statement. This is still eye catching but not quite a statement lipstick. It's a happy spring colour.

on 11/2/2017 11:26:00 PM

Flat Out Fabulous is a gorgeous shade of bright purply-pink lipstick from MAC. It has the Retro Matte finish which means that it is extremely matte. The formula of the lipstick is fairly hard, but it still applies on the lips very smoothly. It feels creamy on the lips, and doesn’t dry my lips out. I would recommend using a lip-balm beforehand though (I find Lush’s Honey Trap plays well with MAC lipsticks). It doesn’t bleed or sink into lines - which is great for such a matte shade! I also find this lasts well through eating and drinking and kissing - making it a great one for a fun date night! When it fades, it does seem to fade pretty evenly which is a plus! I believe this would flatter all skin tones. I highly recommend it!

on 4/1/2016 12:20:00 PM

I bought this lipstick along with the magenta lip liner by Mac and they are the perfect match! Like any matte lipstick it is quite drying on my lips and I did find that it dragged when I first applied but that is probably because it is a fresh product that hasn't been worn in yet.

on 7/11/2015 2:13:00 PM

I have really mixed feelings about this lipstick. The color is absolutely gorgeous. It's very vibrant and pops against my pale skin tone. I wore this out for the first time the other day and got an absurd amount of compliments on it. I felt like a rock star! Haha. But the retro matte formula is awful in my opinion. Sure, it's pigmented and relatively long lasting but towards the end of the day it felt so dry and heavy on my lips that it almost hurt. I have other Mac lipsticks that are the matte formula and none of them come close to being this dry. So while I love the bold and bright color, I don't think I'll ever be buying anything in this formula again.

on 5/14/2015 3:43:00 PM

Everything you need to know about this colour is in its name. It really is Flat Out Fabulous.

It looks good on virtually everyone, despite being an intense, bright magenta. I pair it with MAC's lipliner in Magenta.

There is some drag when applying it, as it is a pretty solid matte. I don't find it dries me out, but I could see if you didn't like the feel of mattes like this, you might not like this one, or could find it drying. The colour lasts well and stays at its full intensity for a good length of time.

I hope to never not own a tube of this.

on 2/23/2015 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick. looks amazing with a purple or pink eye and lots of eyelashes. staying power is off the chart. eat, drink, kiss this baby stays on. perfect bold colour if you arent into reds or anything to dark. would like beautiful on any skin tone. I am so pale as I live in Scotland and this is definatly one of my top mac lipsticks, its also a recent purchase and i have wore it so much already

on 12/30/2014 11:01:00 PM

Lasts all day, doesn't smear, looks sexy as hell and goes on nicely.. what more could a girl ask for in a lipstick?

on 12/29/2014 5:01:00 AM

I really do like this lipstick by MAC! It stays on all day, even through eating, drinking and kissing (sorry to my lipstick tester boyfriend!) To get the best results, I would 100% recommend lining your lips, I use MAC lip pencil in Magenta, which is a perfect match. The only thing I did find with this lipstick is that sometimes my lips did look a little.. Shapeless if I didn't apply it perfectly, as the colour is so bold you need the shape to be perfect. Another thing I had to do with this lipstick was define my brows a lot more as otherwise my face looked bottom heavy. The colour is beautiful, but is quite hard to take off and I often wake up with bits remaining or coloured lips sometimes! It has no smell to it really, but it's nice and a good consistency- a bit thick and sometimes hard to put on (too thick) but just line and make sure your lips are exfoliated (other wise it sticks to bumps!!) and this lipstick will be your going out HG!

on 12/27/2014 10:31:00 PM

Love this color! I am not a huge fan of matte lipsticks but this one has such a great color pay off and does not super dry my lips (i always use balm/stain before lipstick though). This color is a beautiful purple-pink shade that is feminine and sexy. :)