MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

4.6

on 8/29/2018 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although fabulous on other people, on me Flat out fabulous is too loud and harsh, and made wearable only combined with a deeper lip pencil.
Fine texture-wise, and lasts long.

on 4/12/2018 2:38:00 PM

I haven't seen such a high score on a product in a while... And it's easy to see why. This simply is, flat out fabulous! It instantly brightens up my face and it lasts all day. It fades to a deep stain. Yes it is a bit drying but the colour is just so, well, so flat out fabulous, that you forgive it anything. It is quite bright so I usually wear it with a simple eye look and winged black liner otherwise I imagine it could look garish. Nonetheless I cannot resist wearing it on a day by day basis, as it's so flattering and such a pick me up. But secretly I wish I had my wedding coming up (sob, will my prince never come!) and this could be my unique wedding shade. Because it's classic but it's got an edge to it that you don't get with a red lip. It's also, yes, retro. I think Moxie and this are possibly my favourite retro but edgy bright lipsticks. To me, this is like a tamed down Candy Yum Yum. Which is another fabulous colour, but a statement. This is still eye catching but not quite a statement lipstick. It's a happy spring colour.

on 11/2/2017 11:26:00 PM

Flat Out Fabulous is a gorgeous shade of bright purply-pink lipstick from MAC. It has the Retro Matte finish which means that it is extremely matte. The formula of the lipstick is fairly hard, but it still applies on the lips very smoothly. It feels creamy on the lips, and doesn’t dry my lips out. I would recommend using a lip-balm beforehand though (I find Lush’s Honey Trap plays well with MAC lipsticks). It doesn’t bleed or sink into lines - which is great for such a matte shade! I also find this lasts well through eating and drinking and kissing - making it a great one for a fun date night! When it fades, it does seem to fade pretty evenly which is a plus! I believe this would flatter all skin tones. I highly recommend it!

I love to write this review to let lipstick lovers to know about this shade flat out flabolous.... It's like a purply pink shade and it is a retro matte finish, so you need to exfoliate lips well before u apply this lipstick. Staying power is good. Hey it compliments skintone, all skintone from fair to dark in my opinion. If you have dark lips, line with dark pink shade and top up with this flat out flabolous lipstick, it will look omg georgous ... As it won't look complete purple and looks wearable shade even to work office or while hanging out... I love all fired up, relentlessly red and flat out flabolous from retro matte finish. I absolutely recommend this shade... If you have small lips this lipstick finish makes lips further smaller, I recommend applying lipgloss very little on centre of lips, oh god ready to go out, awesome colour with plumpiness....

This is a purpley pink which is more pink than purple. It's cool toned and it makes your teeth look white. It's the retro matte formula so that makes it very hard to put on (as opposed to a creamy lipstick) but it also makes it very long-lasting.
It stains your lips and leaves pinkness behind, even on my pigmented lips. You can wear it at night or day with subtle makeup. I'm a sort of light-medium Indian girl with deep brown hair & I wish I could wear this every day. This is my red lip.
I use this lipstick to make an impact.

on 8/7/2016 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh I love this lipstick. If you are not super daring in wearing bold lipsticks(red and vampy shades) but still want a bold color, this is a very great choice.

It just livens up your face whatever your skintone is. You will surely get a lot of compliments everytime you wear this color. The color and texture is super rich. This is retro matte finish so this requires a precise application since it's very pigmented and very matte.

This is a very feminine, flirty and fun shade but makes you look polished still because of the super matte finish. So much love for this lippie!

Since yesterday, Flat Out Fabulous is official my HG favorite bold lipstick. I was invented to an event and put on some foundation, mascara, eyeliner and concealer. I was in a hurry and couldn't decide what lipstick I should wear. It had to be a bold lipstick but not a Saint Germain/Candy Yum Yum/Ruby Woo (etc.) one. Never wore FOF before, so I exfoliated my lips, put on lip primer, waited a few minutes and then the surprise: What a beautiful shade! It's bold, bright, yet not too much (people WILL look at you the good or bad way when they see Saint Germain). I wasn't afraid going out with such an outstanding color. It didn't transfer the whole evening (4+ hours with fatty food, drinking and so on). Girls, go buy that color. MAC, I recommend you: Never discount it. Never. Ever!

This lipstick is seriously "flat out fabulous". Flatters many skin tones with a lasting power better than a liquid lipstick. It also doesn't bleed out of your lip lines and is easy to apply. I highly recommend adding this to your collection.

on 4/1/2016 12:20:00 PM

I bought this lipstick along with the magenta lip liner by Mac and they are the perfect match! Like any matte lipstick it is quite drying on my lips and I did find that it dragged when I first applied but that is probably because it is a fresh product that hasn't been worn in yet.

on 2/9/2016 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got this today and I have to say that I like it more than I expected! I usually go for reds or purples, but I had read a lot of positive reviews about FOF so I decided to try it on. I really like it! I was intrigued by Candy Yum Yum, but I wasn't quite ready for a neon pink so I went for FOF instead. Great shade, especially if you want something that's bright, yet deep and wearable. Basically looks good on anyone!