MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

4.6

on 11/11/2015 3:37:00 PM

Nothing special this color has been duped by every company and some have done it better. This particular color is too flat and ugly on its just not for me. I went with milani matte orchid its cheaper and brighter not so flat and prettier.

I don't see how this is a top seller it is a bland plum not pretty on and my least favorite of the mattes im returning this for heroine. There are so many lipsticks in matte that are similar and prettier and brighter and now that milani is making mattes ill stick with them or nyx for matte colors like this.

on 8/29/2018 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although fabulous on other people, on me Flat out fabulous is too loud and harsh, and made wearable only combined with a deeper lip pencil.
Fine texture-wise, and lasts long.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color is very deceptive online. It appears to be a rich blue based purple with a fuchsia undertone, but in person it's more berry toned and sheer. I don't see the point in sheer MAC lipsticks, so it was returned. None of the other retro mattes live up to Ruby Woo, unfortunately.

on 7/11/2015 2:13:00 PM

I have really mixed feelings about this lipstick. The color is absolutely gorgeous. It's very vibrant and pops against my pale skin tone. I wore this out for the first time the other day and got an absurd amount of compliments on it. I felt like a rock star! Haha. But the retro matte formula is awful in my opinion. Sure, it's pigmented and relatively long lasting but towards the end of the day it felt so dry and heavy on my lips that it almost hurt. I have other Mac lipsticks that are the matte formula and none of them come close to being this dry. So while I love the bold and bright color, I don't think I'll ever be buying anything in this formula again.

on 9/9/2014 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful color. Obviously, it's long lasting. It's matte, just like Diva that I tried but this is drying my lips.

Has anyone noticed this is a matte version of Girl About Town the matte makes it a touch darker but yea... I love matte lipstick so totally upset about it but after hunting this color down and stalking Mac's website and counters till I got it I'm a tad miffed. Do I like it yes. Can I feel on my lips yes. Would I but it again.... Yes as much as it drags up applying I love a matte lip and the color is so intense and the stain it leaves after wear is adorbs!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Flat out fabulous is a neon matte pink on my lips. It looks very much like show orchard does on my lips. Since this is a matte formula, I have to moisturize my lips well before applying it. It also looks better when used with a pink lip liner. It's an okay shade but I will be toning it down with a pinky flesh toned lipstick.

on 4/1/2016 12:20:00 PM

I bought this lipstick along with the magenta lip liner by Mac and they are the perfect match! Like any matte lipstick it is quite drying on my lips and I did find that it dragged when I first applied but that is probably because it is a fresh product that hasn't been worn in yet.

on 1/7/2016 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of my classic go to colors when I want a pop of color on my face. I love this color lipstick! Every time I wear it I get compliments and/or questions of what brand, color etc. The one drawback about this formula is how drying it is. It goes a long way to apply to lips that have been freshly scrubbed, primed and prepped. If your lips are dry, this lipstick will tell all your business! It has the tendency to "pill" on your lips if you wear at length without retouching. Because I love the color so much, I deal.