MAC Retro Matte - Flat Out Fabulous

MAC Retro Matte - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte - Flat Out Fabulous

4.7

I love to write this review to let lipstick lovers to know about this shade flat out flabolous.... It's like a purply pink shade and it is a retro matte finish, so you need to exfoliate lips well before u apply this lipstick. Staying power is good. Hey it compliments skintone, all skintone from fair to dark in my opinion. If you have dark lips, line with dark pink shade and top up with this flat out flabolous lipstick, it will look omg georgous ... As it won't look complete purple and looks wearable shade even to work office or while hanging out... I love all fired up, relentlessly red and flat out flabolous from retro matte finish. I absolutely recommend this shade... If you have small lips this lipstick finish makes lips further smaller, I recommend applying lipgloss very little on centre of lips, oh god ready to go out, awesome colour with plumpiness....

This is a purpley pink which is more pink than purple. It's cool toned and it makes your teeth look white. It's the retro matte formula so that makes it very hard to put on (as opposed to a creamy lipstick) but it also makes it very long-lasting.
It stains your lips and leaves pinkness behind, even on my pigmented lips. You can wear it at night or day with subtle makeup. I'm a sort of light-medium Indian girl with deep brown hair & I wish I could wear this every day. This is my red lip.
I use this lipstick to make an impact.

on 8/7/2016 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh I love this lipstick. If you are not super daring in wearing bold lipsticks(red and vampy shades) but still want a bold color, this is a very great choice.

It just livens up your face whatever your skintone is. You will surely get a lot of compliments everytime you wear this color. The color and texture is super rich. This is retro matte finish so this requires a precise application since it's very pigmented and very matte.

This is a very feminine, flirty and fun shade but makes you look polished still because of the super matte finish. So much love for this lippie!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Since yesterday, Flat Out Fabulous is official my HG favorite bold lipstick. I was invented to an event and put on some foundation, mascara, eyeliner and concealer. I was in a hurry and couldn't decide what lipstick I should wear. It had to be a bold lipstick but not a Saint Germain/Candy Yum Yum/Ruby Woo (etc.) one. Never wore FOF before, so I exfoliated my lips, put on lip primer, waited a few minutes and then the surprise: What a beautiful shade! It's bold, bright, yet not too much (people WILL look at you the good or bad way when they see Saint Germain). I wasn't afraid going out with such an outstanding color. It didn't transfer the whole evening (4+ hours with fatty food, drinking and so on). Girls, go buy that color. MAC, I recommend you: Never discount it. Never. Ever!

This lipstick is seriously "flat out fabulous". Flatters many skin tones with a lasting power better than a liquid lipstick. It also doesn't bleed out of your lip lines and is easy to apply. I highly recommend adding this to your collection.

on 4/1/2016 12:20:00 PM

I bought this lipstick along with the magenta lip liner by Mac and they are the perfect match! Like any matte lipstick it is quite drying on my lips and I did find that it dragged when I first applied but that is probably because it is a fresh product that hasn't been worn in yet.

on 2/9/2016 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got this today and I have to say that I like it more than I expected! I usually go for reds or purples, but I had read a lot of positive reviews about FOF so I decided to try it on. I really like it! I was intrigued by Candy Yum Yum, but I wasn't quite ready for a neon pink so I went for FOF instead. Great shade, especially if you want something that's bright, yet deep and wearable. Basically looks good on anyone!

on 1/7/2016 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of my classic go to colors when I want a pop of color on my face. I love this color lipstick! Every time I wear it I get compliments and/or questions of what brand, color etc. The one drawback about this formula is how drying it is. It goes a long way to apply to lips that have been freshly scrubbed, primed and prepped. If your lips are dry, this lipstick will tell all your business! It has the tendency to "pill" on your lips if you wear at length without retouching. Because I love the color so much, I deal.

on 11/11/2015 3:37:00 PM

Nothing special this color has been duped by every company and some have done it better. This particular color is too flat and ugly on its just not for me. I went with milani matte orchid its cheaper and brighter not so flat and prettier.

Flat out fabulous is a fun retro matte lipsticks shade which is so 50s! No kidding, if you like those 50-60s bold lipstick colours this might be your gem!

The formula as with all retro mattes is a tat bit dry, you need to exfoliate your lips beforehand and perhaps use a bit of clear balm on top of it if say you love the colour but want to make it that tiny bit creamier.

I tend to use no lip liner with this lipstick, a good lip brush is enough to define those tiny corners of the mouth and the rest you just fill in straight from the bullet.

I don't think MAC has any similar lipsticks like this one (colour or texture-wise) and I am very happy to own it in my collection!

For lip swatches and other cool MAC lipsticks you can check out this blog post here. Hope it helps!