MAC Retro Matte - Flat Out Fabulous

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Since yesterday, Flat Out Fabulous is official my HG favorite bold lipstick. I was invented to an event and put on some foundation, mascara, eyeliner and concealer. I was in a hurry and couldn't decide what lipstick I should wear. It had to be a bold lipstick but not a Saint Germain/Candy Yum Yum/Ruby Woo (etc.) one. Never wore FOF before, so I exfoliated my lips, put on lip primer, waited a few minutes and then the surprise: What a beautiful shade! It's bold, bright, yet not too much (people WILL look at you the good or bad way when they see Saint Germain). I wasn't afraid going out with such an outstanding color. It didn't transfer the whole evening (4+ hours with fatty food, drinking and so on). Girls, go buy that color. MAC, I recommend you: Never discount it. Never. Ever!

This lipstick is seriously "flat out fabulous". Flatters many skin tones with a lasting power better than a liquid lipstick. It also doesn't bleed out of your lip lines and is easy to apply. I highly recommend adding this to your collection.

To Read all 85 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/1/2016 12:20:00 PM

I bought this lipstick along with the magenta lip liner by Mac and they are the perfect match! Like any matte lipstick it is quite drying on my lips and I did find that it dragged when I first applied but that is probably because it is a fresh product that hasn't been worn in yet.

on 2/9/2016 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got this today and I have to say that I like it more than I expected! I usually go for reds or purples, but I had read a lot of positive reviews about FOF so I decided to try it on. I really like it! I was intrigued by Candy Yum Yum, but I wasn't quite ready for a neon pink so I went for FOF instead. Great shade, especially if you want something that's bright, yet deep and wearable. Basically looks good on anyone!

on 1/7/2016 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of my classic go to colors when I want a pop of color on my face. I love this color lipstick! Every time I wear it I get compliments and/or questions of what brand, color etc. The one drawback about this formula is how drying it is. It goes a long way to apply to lips that have been freshly scrubbed, primed and prepped. If your lips are dry, this lipstick will tell all your business! It has the tendency to "pill" on your lips if you wear at length without retouching. Because I love the color so much, I deal.

on 11/11/2015 3:37:00 PM

Nothing special this color has been duped by every company and some have done it better. This particular color is too flat and ugly on its just not for me. I went with milani matte orchid its cheaper and brighter not so flat and prettier.

Flat out fabulous is a fun retro matte lipsticks shade which is so 50s! No kidding, if you like those 50-60s bold lipstick colours this might be your gem!

The formula as with all retro mattes is a tat bit dry, you need to exfoliate your lips beforehand and perhaps use a bit of clear balm on top of it if say you love the colour but want to make it that tiny bit creamier.

I tend to use no lip liner with this lipstick, a good lip brush is enough to define those tiny corners of the mouth and the rest you just fill in straight from the bullet.

I don't think MAC has any similar lipsticks like this one (colour or texture-wise) and I am very happy to own it in my collection!

For lip swatches and other cool MAC lipsticks you can check out this blog post here. Hope it helps!

on 10/13/2015 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A bright medium-dark magenta pink lipstick with a matte finish. It's a statement shade but still subtle when compared to other brighter pinks...try it and you'd get what I mean. The matte formula makes it lasts a long time on the lips and when it eventually fades throughout the day it fades evenly, not like one big spot of lipstick missing on the inner parts of your lips.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love, love, love this color!!! The texture is great and it lasts a long time. The name is perfect because it is flat out fabulous.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Flat out Fabulous is a berry, bold retro-matte finish lippie. You can play this color up or down w/various lip liners and/or glosses to your taste. When I prefer to tone the color down, I use a plum lip liner or if I want a vibrant finish, I'll use MAC Magenta lip liner. Would recommend dabbing lips w/balm before application.

Pros: versatile color, stays put most of the day
Cons: will smudge after meals, constant inflating prices, drying