3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I smelled this on a whim going to go pick up my regular fragrance (Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea Mimosa) and fell for it. It is a easy, feminine and clean fragrance, elegant but not "Mature." I love clean, citrus fragrances but unfortunately most do not have endurance. This one does, to an extent. It mellows greatly after an hour or two, the pepper and citrus leaving, settling into a beautiful powdery-sandalwood. My husband and my kids always hug me and sniff me. At $62, I'm not sure if I'll be repurchasing. The smell is nice, the bottle is elegant and interesting, but it's not the best thing I've ever worn. I still think Este Lauder's Pleasures is better. Maybe I'd purchase again in a set for the holidays, but I will be trying something after the bottle is gone.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

from

3 years ago

I LOVE Untold. Untold Absolu is even better! You can find full bottles at TJ Maxx for between $7.99-$9.99. The only downside is longevity. Lasts about 4 hours, but at that price, who cares? Spray away 3-4 times a day! Just don't pay full price because you will go through it quickly. In my opinion, the Untold line is way underrated. I have about 70 perfumes, most of which are big names like YSL, Chanel, Armani, Bvalgari etc and I find myself reaching for my little $8.00 blind buys more frequently than them lately! Untold is fresh and clean without being soapy. It starts off "cold" but warms up and gets almost creamy on the dry down. This is not a linear fragrance. It takes twists and turns and blooms with time. If you like a little sweeter and want even more warmth and creaminess, go for the Untold Absolu. It also lasts slightly longer in my experience. Good fragrance. Four lippies, would be five if longevity was better. Silage is decent while it does last though and the bottle is absolutely gorgeous which was a shock from Elizabeth Arden which has put out some of the cheapest, ugliest bottles in perfume history.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

HairRed

3 years ago

Bought untold, eau legere and absolu...i like them all but eau legere is my favorite...the bottles are pretty and I wouldn't mind it as a signature scent.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

HairBrown

1.0

4 years ago

Received the 4 pack as a gift. There is no "fragrance" in the Eau de Parfum spray or .17 oz bottle, ever so slight, to non existent fragrance in the body lotion and none in the shower gel. The original Parfum contents must have been replaced by water or this is a sales display. The bottles and tubes were very difficult to remove from their packaging. I asked him to take the "gift" back to the Navy Exchange where it was purchased. This product deserves a, 0 rating.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

1.0

4 years ago

Omg I just bought this at Tj maxx and it smelled horrible!! The ladies who worked there were nice enough to let me open it and smell it in the store, and I was given the option to return it if I didn't like it. Of course I returned it! It smells god awful stay away from it!

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

3.0

4 years ago

At first spritz, it is overpowering and obnoxious, like the smell as you walk into a department store fragrance department and are assaulted by a mixture of scents. However, when it dries down, it turns into a creamy, warm fragrance. The lasting power isn't great and needs to be reapplied to get you through the day. Fortunately, the set I bought has the body lotion for layering, and a generous mini perfume, for carrying with me. I do like this scent, and the price is great, but when I run out I don't think I will purchase again. It's not that special.

About reviewer (243 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

5 years ago

I am surprised by how much I enjoyed this scent! Elizabeth Arden is not a brand that comes to mind when I think of HG names. However, I am rarely disappointed by them. Red Door Spas never disappoint (and naturally use all their products with their services), and occasionally I will try something and end up wishing I thought of them more. I enjoy sexy and unique fragrances. Who cares how nice Flowerbomb or D&G smells if every other woman in the room is wearing it? I like something that smells beautiful and is also noticeable. Generally, floral scents don't do it for me, but somehow Untold has floral, fruity, AND musky hints to it. Overall, very feminine. The price point is about average, maybe $10ish below average popular perfumes in the same size cost. It is an EDP, and with that being said I feel it should last a little longer. (I am always reading perfume reviews claiming scents don't last very long but I am unsure of whether this is because the person wearing it has become used to it or if it genuinely cannot be detected on them by other people shortly after application!) Anyway, this scent is great for everyday use in the sense it's great for daytime/work and also date night! Give it a shot!

About reviewer (286 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0
from

5 years ago

Such a beautiful scent, unfortunately, it doesn't last. I sprayed it on at the store at 7:00 pm and by 8:30 pm could no longer smell it. There's no point in buying it as just doesn't last.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinDry

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2.0

5 years ago

Pefume is so personal and for me the scent was a little to chemical smelling to me. The packaging is terrible, my bottle leaks into the cap and so if you go to open it, the perfume will seep out onto your hands. Would definitely not re purchase.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

6 years ago

I bought this as I was using Gucci's Glamorous Magnolia for a while (see other review as well) and wanted something more sophisticated. the price was great and it smelt like what I wanted. Quietly sophisticated. Its a warm and more mature scent. Not for young girls. I wear this on days I need to be more assertive at work eg presentation. The scent matches my life journey. Been through a fair ups and downs, my personality shines through because of these life teaching and changing experiences. As such, Untold tells of these. Quietly mature- hence sophisticated and not mature in a loud look-at-me way. Again, the scent is warm and opens up into a scent even more rich. In conclusion, quietly sophisticated and sensual.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

HairBlack