Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 17

No Image

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a crowd-pleaser of a matte lipstick- it has a slick application and doesn't dry out your lips in the slightest. It also isn't as long-wearing as, say, MAC matte lipsticks. The average lipstick wearer won't mind, and I don't either, but as beautiful as this color is, there is something about the formula that is holding me back from giving this 5 lippies.

I am weary of lip products that try to hover between looking matte while remaining "hydrating"- Revlon's HD matte lip color comes to mind- because I don't like my lips to look "painted" if that makes any sense. The formula of this is pretty flattering but can occasionally cross that line for me.

The color is pretty gorgeous and I can see it working for many people. It is essentially a light-medium neutral rose color that doesn't scream "PINK" but has enough color to brighten up the complexion.

The scent is pretty fruity, kind of random but not at all unpleasant. I like the packaging- it is a sleek black tube that looks a bit more high-end than your typical drugstore fare. The price is excellent for what you're getting.

My recommendation is to pick this up if you love a classic pink lipstick, but don't expect anything either true matte or creamy or glossy, because this formula falls into another category of its own.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this lipstick! It's the perfect colour for me. Great formula. Creamy and moisturizing, very comfortable on the lips. It's long wearing and very opaque. I'll repurchase this for sure!

LOVE this lipstick! HG for sure.

The packaging is a matte black tube with Kate in pink lettering. It feels nice and sturdy and works well.

The color is GORGEOUS. It's a natural, neutral toned pink with a hint of mauve. It doesn't sound all that special, but it's such a perfect, beautiful everyday shade. It has a nice sheen finish to it as well.

I love the formula more than the color. Smooth, creamy but not too creamy, hugs the lips, moisturizing, long lasting, and comfortable. Everything I want and look for in a lip product.

This lasts about 5 hours without fading. It doesn't last through eating, and I didn't expect it to. 5 hours is great for me. Also, it has an odd cherry wine scent to it. It doesn't bother me, it's just different.

I might sound like I'm hyping this lipstick up, but the quality deserves it. Overall, a staple in my collection. Love the formula, color, pigmentation, and lasting power. Give it a try!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this on a whim and I'm really glad I did because I reach for it a lot. It's a nice blend of peach and pink so it goes well with most of my blushes. Warm toned. Mostly subtle but not nude. Hard to describe but it's a very nice shade

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Natural warm-toned pink. I STRONGLY recommend that all warm-toned ladies should give this a try. It is a promising candidate for your favorite everyday lip color. Even if you are cool-toned, you may pull it off as long as you wear base makeup. But of course there are similar and better colors for cool tone: Essence "LOVE ME"; Pur Minerals "SHOPAHOLIC"; Buxom "MISTRESS".

To start off, I am not a big lipstick person. I tend to just wear lip balm or a tad of lip gloss. I do own about 10 different lipsticks, mostly from MAC, usually wear them once and never touch them again. I know, I know, a huge waste. Anyway, I was looking for a nude color that was low in cost as I did not want to spend lots of money on something that would most likely end up sitting in a drawer. I found this shade and did a quick swatch on the back of my hand and liked the color, so I decided to buy it. I put it on in the car and fell in love with everything about this lipstick; the color, the formula, the finish, the scent and definitely the price. It is a beautiful shade, I suck at trying to describe colors but this is a perfect color for my skin tone and has great staying power. I have worn this every day since I bought it and even got a few compliments at work. I will probably try another shade from this collection soon, but this is definitely my HG lipstick.. okay, I might be somewhat into lipstick now..

on 10/24/2014 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This color works wonderfully for me. It is nicely pigmented and lasts thru my morning coffee.

on 10/4/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I only bought this lipstick because Rimmel was buy one product get a second 50% off and I needed an eyeliner. So, I grabbed this shade because it (haha) reminded me of Kylie Jenner's go to lip color. I usually stick to Revlon or MAC lippys so this was a leap of faith for me but at $4.99 I figured I wouldn't be losing too much if I didn't like it. The formula is great, the slight watermelon fragrance is distracting but it is not as potent as the vanilla fragrance of MAC. It's a very wearable neutral pink. The sticker leans towards mauve but the shade is slightly more pink.

I've been wearing it with everything, to work, to the farmers market, and to run errands, it seems to brighten up my face and goes well with my skin tone. (I'm always worried about pinks and reds bringing attention to redness around my nose)

You should absolutely try this color!

on 8/30/2014 3:41:00 PM

This is the perfect peach pink that I have been looking for. It offers great pigmentation and staying power. It is a beautiful shade and I really like that it doesn't wear off right away. I think the quality is better than the MAC lipsticks that I had been purchasing. I'm so glad I found this!

on 8/26/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

When I reach for a nude, I almost always grab this light peachy-pink shade. The shade is warm, light pink with just a tiny drop of brown, which gives it a bit of a nude tone and it works for daytime with light eye makeup or at night with heavier makeup. While not at all shimmery, is a bit of golden sheen to this color. It gives the pink color warmth and personality while not looking the least bit shimmery.

Some people complain about the texture of this lip color. It's a bit grainy but it still goes on smooth and wears very well. I don't need my lipstick to be creamy for the few seconds I am applying it to my lips.

#17 has the fruity, Jolly Rancher scent of the Kate Moss matte lipsticks, which I find to be pleasant. The scent does not linger though, which is nice.

This lipstick was not easy to find, so when I misplaced mine I immediately searched for another and bought it. The next morning I found the original tube. Now I have a backup! Yay!