Jordana Cosmetics Rich Sorbet

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/14/2013 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this along with the Terracotta Treasure (which I reviewed separately). What I really wanted was the Raspberry and Pink Beauty but it was out of stock at Cherry Culture. There aren't too many reviews or swatches out there yet, so I the purchase was "riskier" than usual.

This is a great quality blush and the price is a steal. I don't care about packaging, so I don't mind the screw-on lid. The Jordana site calls this a coral color I believe, and this isn't quite accurate in my opinion. Coral to me tends towards the orange or peach shades. This is more pink, but I would say it is a warmer pink, but not edging towards the tawny if that makes sense. I have just tested it and I think it will work for me. My evaluations are based on things like texture, pigmentation, finish and so forth and not on whether a color works for my skin and hair tones. I have always thought it unfair to say, "Ick! This olive green is horrible!" when evaluating a product. One has to be aware of which colors DO work with one's coloring, or rather: whether or not warm, neutral or cool shades of a color are enhancing, rather than making one look ill.

At any rate, the pigmentation is great, the formula smooth and matte which I appreciate. Not all of us like a shimmering face! I would recommend this product to anyone who values quality over branding hype. I only wish one could buy it from a store and at least SEE the shades, rather than order on-line only. Jordana offers some pleasant surprises in a budget brand!

Popular Blush Products