em cosmetics THE LIFE PALETTE Party Life

em cosmetics THE LIFE PALETTE Party Life

1.7

The quality is comparable Elf cosmetics for a not so cheap price. Save your money

on 2/25/2015 6:58:00 AM

Visually it reminds me of those cheap makeup palettes aimed at little girls. Which gives me a warm buzzy feeling. However it also applies like cheap makeup. For a not very cheap price.

I really want to give a nicer review but everything seems so bad from em cosmetics.

Which is surprising seeing she has been blogging for so long and knows exactly what makes a fine, cosmetically elegant product and what kind of quality get beauty bloggers like her raving! If this weren't her line, I can say her reviews won't be positive at all.

I think Michelle was so enamoured with having her own line and working with such a big company, the company calls the shots and NOTHING in her line has any real star product that will make bloggers and makeup lovers understand why the line exists. They just want to use her name to sell another set of makeup.

Save your money

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I received the Party Life palette from a friend who was disappointed with the purchase and wanted to give it away. After trying out this product, I'm not surprised that my friend didn't want this product anymore, despite spending $70 on it. The eyeshadows are not pigmented and even with a good primer, they look faded and gross. Even drugstore eyeshadows are better than this. The eyeshadows are also chalky and feel "rough" when applied.

Another thing that I am not happy with is the packaging. It's bulky and look nothing like a luxury brand. It looks like a kid's makeup palette that I can pick up from a toy store. The cardboard box that the palette came in is plastered with Michelle's face, which seems strange to me since I don't see other makeup producers plaster their face all over the packaging. It's so tacky that I'd be embarrassed to display this product in my house.

Since the palette comes with eyeshadow, blush and lip colour, it meant that all the different colours are close to each other and since bits of powder will fall from brushes as you pick up the products, I've ended up with a mess in my lip colour pots. This design is poorly thought out.

I'm thinking that I should just drop this trash in the bin now, since it'll just be an endless cycle of disappointment if I pass this rubbish on to someone else.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Save your $70 and buy something actually high end. I was very disappointed with all the hype you would think that michelle would've created an actual high end product. It was not high end at all especially for the price. Eyeshadows not pigmented and they get powdery and have already mixed into with the blushes. I gave the pallet to my toddler lol let her play with it since that's what it looks and goes on like a kids makeup product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This palette was such a let down. I honestly don't think I have seen eye shadows as poorly pigmented as these. The only way I got the shadows to appear pigmented was to really layer them on; I mean like LAYERING it on there, and I am very fair skinned so it typically doesn't take much at all. If the pigments weren't bad enough, the packaging is what really takes the cake.

The packaging: It looks like the makeup my mother would buy me when I was 6-7 years old and wanted to play "beauty salon." I understand that Michelle predominately has a much younger fan base, so I totally get what she was going for in trying to make a product that appeals to that fan base. That is all fine and well, but then the price tag should reflect that of a cheaper, child-like makeup line. If this product didn't carry the hefty price tag I don't think it would be that horribly bad, because I would be thinking "hey, you get what you pay for." If I'm paying $5 for a set of makeup, I'm not expecting anything to write home about. However, this is tagged as a luxury line and priced comparably to high end cosmetic lines which just blow this product of out of the water.

I like Michelle. Even though I have read some pretty poor press about her, I have defended her in the past as I do think she gets a lot of unwarranted or unnecessary dislike her way. With that being said, this product is so poor I just can't defend it at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have been a Michelle Phan since the start of her YouTube career and that was the main influence of this purchase. First off, the pigmentation is just shameful for the price this product sells for. I have Wet n' Wild, Coastal Scents and ELF shadows with much more pigmentation and durability than this palette. The shadows are also powdery and crumbly which in turn RUINED all the lip products even if I tried to be careful and neat. About 2-3 shadows were actually of "nice" pigmentation but nothing in the realms of Urban Decay or Tom Ford (which is of similar price range). Secondly, the packaging is so gimmicky and bulky, despite having the travel palette it is still poorly designed (powder and cream products together?!?) and feels and looks very cheap. It is heavy but it doesn't feel "luxurious" which is what the line claims to be. Finally, the return process was a huge hassle because EM claimed that return shipping was free and that they would send me the pre-paid label which I never received so I had to pay for return shipping and lost some money there. Bottom line is, the life palette is a gimmicky failure that does not deliver neither in quality nor experience and falls flat on its face when it comes to living up to its bold claims.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

why would I buy this amateur-looking and amateur-feeling palette when i can get like a HIGH QUALITY Nars or Urban Decay palette for the same price (perhaps even less?!) ugh!

Eyes: Violet

Sigh..... this product was a huge let down. First off, the price is crazy for a startup brand that is drugstore quality. Basically, if you buy any l'oreal product, they wouldn't be priced the way they did with EM. I highly believe that the hyped up price was due to Michelle Phan being a youtube sensation and L'oreal thought they could capture a wider audience, well or just Youtube, and think that with her name and fame, they could charge this ridiculous price. Well I got this in the gift bag and it's just a huge let down. I had other drugstore brands with way better and nicer quality. The marketing gimmick on this brand is just ridiculous and shameful!

I have a cousin in the US who just likes to try different cosmetics and she sends me what she didn't like, and this was one of them haha. I don't mind because she has great taste and I don't mind trying out new things. If I like it, I will buy it. So for this product, I say no, I'd pass.

on 12/11/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The shadows are hit or miss, some give decent coverage and some are patchy and unattractive. I feel deceived after seeing Michelle swatch a few deeply pigmented "one swipe" colors, because I did not have that experience at all. Going back to look at the picture I see they were clearly not one swipe...you can tell just from the finger marks. Dishonest practice and I am disappointed, save your money.