Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Mushroom

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Mushroom

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/15/2018 2:00:00 PM

This is my HG eyeliner. I hate applying liquid liner and gravitate towards pencils, but some are too dry and skip across your lid. Not this one! It is slightly creamy and applies smoothly. And, even more importantly, it lasts throughout the day.

on 8/17/2017 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is my favourite of the gorgeous UD pencils. It's a silvery greyish taupe and makes my brown eyes pop. It's just so amazingly easy to apply, it glides on with no dragging whatsoever and then stays put all day - what more can I ask? My only gripe is that they wear quickly and need sharpening a lot. Though that's partly because I wear it so much! I think this is a colour that suits cooler skin tones, mine is neutral so it works for me, a warmer equivalent which is also gorgeous is Underground which is still a taupe but coppery rather than silvery.

on 5/5/2017 8:38:00 AM

First off, reviewing an 8$ Ebay "Urban Decay" pencil... don't wanna be mean but, come on. They're not 8$. Anyway.
The color is so beautiful. I'm an NC20, I have dark brown eyes and frankly I heard about this color two years ago and never bought it until this past spring VIB sale. Why did I wait so long? It's friggin gorgeous. I am lazy these days and wearing just this and mascara and, my god, gorgeous. It is a taupe color, kind of like a silver but darker, it's shimmery, it's just perfection.
GET IT! (not on ebay)
This and stash, two very beautiful unusual colors from UD.

on 9/2/2016 2:45:00 PM

I had high hopes for a long lasting eye pencil and saw good reviews for it. It looked really great and brought out my blue eyes, unfortunately within moments my eyes began to tear and I couldn't take it off fast enough to prevent them from being sore for 2 days.
Was $8 on ebay, seller sells authentic cosmetics.

on 7/9/2016 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Really pretty silvery taupe which applies so nicely without tugging and stays put all day. It looks good against my light NW15 skin tone and grey green eyes. It's a medium toned shade which adds just enough definition, perfect for daytime. I have repurchased and will continue to keep this pencil in my stash.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This was my first UD eyeliner and one of my absolute favorites. It is described as a metallic taupe pewter shimmer. And that is exactly what it is. It really plays up my green eyes. I would say this is a cool toned color. I use it in conjunction with my naked2 palette. My fave shades in the palette is suspect and snakebite and this pairs with it very nicely.
For a "daytime" look I like to use on top lash line. When I want something a little more dramatic I use it on lower lash line and smoke it out with suspect, using a smudger brush. Love it!
Application and packaging is the normal UD. glides on smoothly and I've never had a problem with running or fading. It's a stick pencil that you have to sharpen. Not my favorite because I feel it waste alot. I have to sharpen every two maybe 3 uses depending if I'm using it on lower or top lash line.
The price on this is kind of steep, $20 but it is a great product. As long as they don't keep jumping the prices, I will continue to buy. I noticed the dual ended just jumped from $16 to $18! If they do that with the regular ones I will look elsewhere.

on 9/21/2015 5:26:00 PM

The perfect shade of eyeliner for blue eyes, Mushroom is a silvered dark taupe with decent staying power. Every time I wear it, someone mentions the color of my eyes. I'll take the attention. My only complaint is that it's a wooden pencil and I feel like I lose a lot of product to sharpening. I'd prefer a self-sharpener.
$20 at Sephora.

on 8/26/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite eye liner EVER. For years I had been using eyeliner that would just smudge and smear after a couple hours of wearing it, but not this one! I use it on my water line, and it lasts a really long time without running underneath my eyes. This eyeliner I don't have to reapply throughout the day which is great!

This liner is a really unique and attractive color on blue/green eyes. I love the consistency, the pigmentation, and the size of the liner, itself. Very highly recommend. I ONLY use Urban Decay eye makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am in love with this eyeliner! It is my first UD eyeliner, and I purchased it because I tend to really like the look of cooler toned taupe eyeshadows on my eyes. So when I saw this, I thought, why not try a taupe eyeliner? For reference, I am NW10-15 with brown eyes that have a green ring around the brown.

Mushroom is quite complex and unique. As others have noted, it's a cool toned, medium grey taupe. However, it does have some brown in it as well, as well as very fine shimmer particles. Once it is applied, it has an almost wet-looking sheen. It applies super smoothly, but it does set quickly, so if you want to smudge, do it right away! I apply it over the WnW Fergie primer, so I cannot attest to how it sets and wears without primer, but under these conditions it lasts for nearly all day.

As I am very fair, I find that it is more interesting than brown liner but far less harsh than black, and it seems to enhance the green bits in my eyes that typically get drowned out by the brown. :) I think this would work well on just about anyone, but the types of looks you can do well with it are likely going to vary depending on your skintone. For example, on me it probably looks a bit more dramatic and smokier than it would on someone with a darker skintone, but a darker skintone could wear it well, too, if they aren't going for a dramatic lined look.

I expect to go through it rather quickly as the tip seems pretty soft and will likely need frequent sharpening, but I don't care, because I will gladly repurchase this multiple times.