Paula's Choice RESIST C15 Super Booster

Paula's Choice RESIST C15 Super Booster

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C/antioxidant), Ethoxydiglycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), PPG-26 Buteth-26 (emulsifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (thickener), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Acetyl Octapeptide-3 (cell-communicating ingredient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer/antioxidant), Triethanolamine (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

on 2/19/2017 7:43:00 PM

I am currently on my third container of this stuff. I really enjoy it, although I was skeptical at first. To give you some history, I have suffered from acne all my life and just recently (over the past year) stopped getting active spots. I do have quite a lot of scarring though, from years of acne. Now, don't get me wrong, this stuff is not a miracle instantaneous cure. But, I do notice a difference when I stop using this. It slowly brightens my skins and fades spots. I normally mix 2-3 drops with either a serum or moisturizer. It has a very light smell which I happen to enjoy but if you hate scents you should keep in mind that this is not odorless.
Overall, I would recommend this to anyone with acne scars or hyperpigmentation. Mix it with something (directly on skin didn't work as well for me) and use it twice daily. Give it a few weeks before you decide it does not work.
Since it's a bit expensive, here is my 10$ off code: https://goo.gl/bdPnHX. For full disclosure, I get 10$ off too if you use it, so if you do use it, I am so immensly grateful <3

on 11/2/2016 3:01:00 AM

I got a travel size of this product, as I heard many great things about it.

The Good:
Even a small travel size can last you a long time since you only need 2-3 drops per day.

The Bad:
I didn't feel any difference in my skin after using it. Although, it could have been my fault because I was using it after the BHA/AHA although I should've used it before. I'm planning on maybe trying it again, but for now, I want to try other Vit-C serums like obagi

If you are interested in buying it, you can use my code for 10$ off: https://goo.gl/T9ah0b

on 10/28/2016 5:17:00 PM

I came to the conclusion that Vitamin C beaks me out. I wish I could use it, it has great benefits, but every time I have tried to incorporate it into my routine I get a ton of blemishes. The concentration and the packaging on this product is great though. You can decide how much to apply and the bottle is opaque enough to protect the Vitamin C from light. You'll have to repurchase every 3 months because it will loose its properties.

I have been using glycolic acid (8% concentration) and retinol instead and the results have been great. So maybe if you are experimenting the same problems with Vitamin C you'll have better luck with these.

on 10/28/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so excited to try this; I *really* need something to even out my skin tone. Unfortunately this wasn't it :-(
I purchased the .12 ounce size for $9--I was surprised to see just how small .12 ounces is! I was mixing a drop in with serum (supposedly this gets the best results) and using it every night for about 2 weeks.
Absolutely ZERO results--no change in fine lines, dark spots, redness, nothing, nada. While I didn't feel any burning or irritation, I'm pretty sure it was making my oily skin even more oily--very shiny after using this.
Thinking I had done something wrong, or should check out other vitamin C products, I started reading up, and came across a picture of what color the vitamin C should be. The day I received this (the day I started using it), it was quite dark orange. I figured, well it's supposed to be that color. No, it's not!!! Vitamin C should be very clear, with maybe the faintest tint of orange or yellow. By the time it's very orange, it's no longer stable, not effective, and you're basically just rubbing free radicals all over your face. Wow, thanks, Paula's Choice.... Not a huge fan of any of the PC products, and now I certainly won't be purchasing ANY of them again.

on 10/21/2016 3:32:00 AM

I tried this a few years ago and it left an orange cast on my skin. I love most of Paula's Choice products, but I think that you might be just as well off making your own serum weekly with a little vitamin c powder like other MUAers do.

If you want a $10 referral code, visit my Notepad.

This is one I just can't do without. It is one of the best products I have ever used. This product makes you skin look healthier. It makes it glow. It brightens your complexion and your makeup sits better. I am 100% convinced that my skin looks more youthful as a result of using this product.
I will use this at night, let it dry and then use oil on top of it. My skin looks renewed in the morning.
The two cons are the price and the product's longevity. It only lasts about 2-3 months before the active ingredients stop working.
If you are serious about skin care I recommend you buy this product.

on 8/30/2016 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried this straight and mixed with PC skincare and have not seen any effect at all. And for something this pricey I had hoped to see some lightening of my hyperpigmentation but am back to believing that only retin-A will achieve that. And can we talk about the smell of hotdogs with this product? Eww. Just not impressed.

on 8/30/2016 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This booster was just too strong for my skin. It was irritating, causes small pimples and redness each time I used it.

on 7/17/2016 6:42:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have used up one bottle of this. I started out using it morning and night but later reduced my use to morning only with Dr. Carver Repair Serum. I mix 3 to 4 drops with the serum and apply it all over my face, neck, chest and back of my hands. I do not have any sun damage on my face so I couldn't really tell if it was doing anything for me. My hands however, had severe sun damage. There was a lot of brown age spots. This stuff removed about 90% of the brown spots. What is left is some slight freckles. I love it! My face is so smooth and clear. The sun damage on my chest is also fading. The appearance of my hands were so dramatic, even my clueless husband noticed. The construction of the bottle is superior in keeping the vitamin C stable and usable for a longer period of time. My only complaint is the price. I ordered the Lumene vitamin C for $24.95 and took advantage of the Ulta sale to get another bottle for half off. I'm going to try it to see if it is comparable to PC. I also took advantage of a PC sale to order another bottle of her vitamin C. I don't plan on being without the advantages of Vitamin C.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My czn loves it , the only con is it's pricey , The good thing is that they have samples for everything ,, here $10 off for your first order if you'd like to try https://goo.gl/qfTpOR 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹