Paula's Choice RESIST C15 Super Booster

Paula's Choice RESIST C15 Super Booster

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C/antioxidant), Ethoxydiglycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), PPG-26 Buteth-26 (emulsifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (thickener), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Acetyl Octapeptide-3 (cell-communicating ingredient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer/antioxidant), Triethanolamine (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

on 7/17/2016 9:54:00 PM

To give you some background on my skin: I have sensitive skin and suffered from acne as a teenager. While I still get the occasional breakout, my biggest skin concern is old acne scars and blemishes with a reddish/pink color.

I have gone through an entire bottle of this product and am currently waiting for the new one to arrive in the mail. I mix 2-3 drops in with my serum (Paula's Choice calm serum) and rub it into my face after my toner. I let it dry and then moisturize. Honestly, I was such a skeptic when reading about this product because there are so many crap products out there that claim to fade scars but just dry out your skin. The reviews were so good though that I couldn't resist giving this a try. Oh my goodness, I could never have guessed how effective this would be. My old scars have faded so much they are barely visible and I feel like my occasional breakouts do not become scars thanks to this. I feel so much better walking around without makeup and my skin texture has improved sooo much.

Recommend this product 100%. Worth every penny. If you want 10$ off though, you are more than welcome to use the following code: https://goo.gl/bdPnHX

on 7/17/2016 6:42:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have used up one bottle of this. I started out using it morning and night but later reduced my use to morning only with Dr. Carver Repair Serum. I mix 3 to 4 drops with the serum and apply it all over my face, neck, chest and back of my hands. I do not have any sun damage on my face so I couldn't really tell if it was doing anything for me. My hands however, had severe sun damage. There was a lot of brown age spots. This stuff removed about 90% of the brown spots. What is left is some slight freckles. I love it! My face is so smooth and clear. The sun damage on my chest is also fading. The appearance of my hands were so dramatic, even my clueless husband noticed. The construction of the bottle is superior in keeping the vitamin C stable and usable for a longer period of time. My only complaint is the price. I ordered the Lumene vitamin C for $24.95 and took advantage of the Ulta sale to get another bottle for half off. I'm going to try it to see if it is comparable to PC. I also took advantage of a PC sale to order another bottle of her vitamin C. I don't plan on being without the advantages of Vitamin C.

To Read all 101 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My czn loves it , the only con is it's pricey , The good thing is that they have samples for everything ,, here $10 off for your first order if you'd like to try https://goo.gl/qfTpOR 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

on 7/5/2016 2:58:00 PM

I just bought a second bottle of this. I can really see a huge difference in my skin when I'm using this:my skin is glowing and acne-free, Haven't had any bad reactions from it although I have sensitive skin. Price is little high but I just can't live without it. I use it only at night because it makes my skin little bit greasy.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I use this on alternate days of the week, after PC's 2% BHA exfoliant and before PC 1% Retinol Treatment. I found that it improves my complexion overall and shrinks my pores, though not completely.
I used to use it everyday and my skin started peeling with a burning sensation. Guess its coz of the high concentrations of retinol, Vit C and BHA. Now when i use PC products, i usually mix them with highly moisturising products.

I use to have pimples every few months, but after using this, my skin is really clear and smooth now. I rarely get any pimples. so i would recommend this together with the other PC products that i use.

I got the products from paulaschoice australia. If you are interested to get them you can use the link below and get AUD15 off for your first purchase:

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

So my review is more of a comment on cost. This is vitamin c, properly packaged. It does what vitamin c is supposed to do when well formulated. I like vitamin c, so I like this product. I do not have sensitive skin, don't experience side effects, and can take a ton of this stuff so I seem to go through it much faster than recommended.

My problem right now with Paula's Choice is price. I have used many of her products and have settled around most of her boosters and resist skin minimizer and a lot of these are $50 products.So after much debate, and a look at my ordering over the last 2 years. I decided to stop with this booster. I use the vitamin c 25% spot treatment. I get the smaller size because I feel that keeps it fresher longer and I get it on ebay....a lot of people sell it for cheaper cause it sometimes comes with their deal or offer. So I buy it for about $10 and that will last me a month. This is more of a spot treatment and is very strong so if you find you react to the booster I wouldn't suggest it. But this strategy has worked for me.

Her retinol booster I can't live without, its the only retinol I find well formulated for my oily skin, same with her resist skin minimizer. As these are more unique to paula's choice that is where my money goes.

Hylauronic booster, 4% weekly resurface BHA, Gel AHA - I love all these products but use them less frequently, and because they're rather common I'm less worried about formulations. So I'm still experimenting with other brands, cost and products. I took a look at what I spent in a year at paula's choice and honestly my skin is fantastic but I can't justify that kind of expense. Please evaluate the most cost effective products like I did for your skin.

on 5/20/2016 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow, I am shocked by the reviews! I love, love this. It has replaced my pricey Skinceuticals C+E. I am on like my 8th bottle. Use it day and night. Amazing results!!! Would not be without this product. I do apply moisturizer over this and then my tinted moisturizer for day time use and at night I apply just a moisturizer.

on 4/16/2016 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product does work as advertised--my skin is visibly brighter and smoother the day after I use it. Unfortunately I found this serum much too irritating for my skin. Yes, it looks better initially, but I believe the vitamin C causes an allergic, eczematic, reaction. (I have the same reaction if I eat too many citrus fruits.)
However, I have had no problems using it on my decolletage or the backs of my hands, but I will no be repurchasing.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Use of this product cause scaling on my skin. I don't know why, but my skin got a bit crusty using this and cracked and it peeled off like scales. It was disgusting and took a while for my skin to heal.

I thought it might have been a fluke, so after a month of not using, I used it sparingly again. Same issues as before - scaling.

I contacted Paula's Choice and they wanted to know my entire skincare regiment from morning to night. At the time I was using mostly Paula's Choice products. I asked for a refund, and they claimed it was user error because I had used a serum at night that wasn't the company products. I had heard PC was good for refunds if a product didn't work out, and instead they pinned the blame on me. Considering how much I paid for this product and the damage it did to my skin, I was not a happy camper.

I am still using up the rest of the her BHA and AHAs, which are great, but I will not reorder from this company again.

on 4/5/2016 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this, since I'd heard so many good things about what vitamin c can do for your skin. Unfortunately my skin can't tolerate using this more than once or twice a week without causing irritation. Using it so infrequently means the product will oxidize before I can get through a whole bottle so not worth re purchasing. I'm going to look for something with a lower concentration of vitamin c.