Paula's Choice RESIST C15 Super Booster

Paula's Choice RESIST C15 Super Booster

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C/antioxidant), Ethoxydiglycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), PPG-26 Buteth-26 (emulsifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (thickener), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Acetyl Octapeptide-3 (cell-communicating ingredient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer/antioxidant), Triethanolamine (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

on 4/22/2017 6:49:00 PM

Ive gone through one bottle. Although I am a fan of some of PCs products, this didn't do anything for me. I also didn't care for the smell, though it's not nearly as bad as a Biological Recherché cream that follows the P50 toner regimen. I have some discoloration which PC glycolic 8% is addressing. This serum did nothing for that issue. As for a glow, I can get that from the better priced 2% liquid BHA. I did keep this in the refrigerator, so freshness wasn't a problem.

on 4/20/2017 10:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

PROS
-dries ultra fast
-non-greasy, water light texture
-brightens overall skin tone
-effective for light hyperpigmentation. Not very effective for very dark spots. Sunscreen must be worn daily in order for product to work at maximum effectiveness.

CONS
-only lasts 2.5 months with daily use
-can oxidize quickly, depending on the bottle. I’ve had 1 bottle that stayed clear for over 2 months. Another bottle started darkening quickly after a 3 weeks.
-Overpriced. Feel free to use my referral link for $10 off. http://goo.gl/JmDwaq

on 4/16/2017 3:00:00 PM

I am currently on my third container of this stuff. I really enjoy it, although I was skeptical at first. To give you some history, I have suffered from acne all my life and just recently (over the past year) stopped getting active spots. I do have quite a lot of scarring though, from years of acne. Now, this stuff isn't over-night magic. But, I mix it with the skin brightening treatment and my scarring has become significantly less noticeable. My skin texture has also improved. My little skin bumps have been smoothed out, which was a really nice benefit I wasn't expecting. It has a very light smell which I happen to enjoy but if you hate scents you should keep in mind that this is not odorless.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone with acne scars or hyper-pigmentation. Mix it with something (directly on skin didn't work as well for me) and use it twice daily. Give it a few weeks before you decide it does not work.

Since it's a bit expensive, here is my 10$ off code: https://goo.gl/bdPnHX

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was torn writing this review. On one hand, the stuff is potent, and it does what it claims. Your skin will be visibly more vibrant with consistent use, and the dropper dispenser it great. No product wasted. It absorbs really quickly and is very light on the skin.

However, this stuff has a shelf life of only 3-4 months. Soon after that it starts to oxidize and turn yellow. When that happens, it's no longer any good to use. It costs way too much to only last a few months IMO. And there's no way I could use the whole bottle before it expires (a few drops each day is really all you need). So, unfortunately, I will not repurchase this product.

Thankfully more and more Vitamin C options are popping up at more affordable prices. Unless you plan to use a heavy hand applying this to your face, I would not recommend purchasing this one.

$10 off your first PC purchase with this link: https://goo.gl/CLXkGf

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my 2nd bottle of it. It did magic on my skin. My skin feels immediately soften, brighten and tighten (in a good way!) by applying it on. I usually mix an entire dropper of this into my FAB hydrating serum (which is more an anti-oxidant, anti-redness than hydrating stuff). My face just glows after this combination. Then I tap my face until the serum gets sunk it. Before my skin becomes too dry, I apply SPF moisturizer on top of it. I feel myself protected from the sun and radicals all day! At night I use it as well. My skin feel very plump in the morning. Maybe I use too much every day so I ran out quickly.
For the smell, if you have tried Skinceuticals CE Ferulic... they smell the same...This is about the correct smell of high potency vitamin C serum. If you are looking for something heavily fragranced, then please go to Timeless, which covers the real smell by useless fragrance. So back to the point, the smell doesn't bother me at all. The non-fragranced formula is what sensitive skin should look for.
The only thing I don't like is the dropper. The last few drops are hard to get out and I always feel not quite safe. However, even Skinceuticals use the same type of packaging. Overall, PC's 15% vitamin C is a great product. I didn't feel much different from Skinceutical's --- after all the crazy price of CE Ferulic is all about the patent. But as a formulator myself, the formulation is not tricky at all. So I absolutely go with this high quality budget.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Yet another disappointment from the Paula's Choice line. She trashed other lines, yet her own line is mediocre.
This product is no exception. I used the whole bottle and saw no improvement from using it. IMO, there are much better Vitamin C products out there.

on 11/2/2016 3:01:00 AM

I got a travel size of this product, as I heard many great things about it.

The Good:
Even a small travel size can last you a long time since you only need 2-3 drops per day.

The Bad:
I didn't feel any difference in my skin after using it. Although, it could have been my fault because I was using it after the BHA/AHA although I should've used it before. I'm planning on maybe trying it again, but for now, I want to try other Vit-C serums like obagi

If you are interested in buying it, you can use my code for 10$ off: https://goo.gl/T9ah0b

on 10/28/2016 5:17:00 PM

I came to the conclusion that Vitamin C beaks me out. I wish I could use it, it has great benefits, but every time I have tried to incorporate it into my routine I get a ton of blemishes. The concentration and the packaging on this product is great though. You can decide how much to apply and the bottle is opaque enough to protect the Vitamin C from light. You'll have to repurchase every 3 months because it will loose its properties.

I have been using glycolic acid (8% concentration) and retinol instead and the results have been great. So maybe if you are experimenting the same problems with Vitamin C you'll have better luck with these.

on 10/28/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so excited to try this; I *really* need something to even out my skin tone. Unfortunately this wasn't it :-(
I purchased the .12 ounce size for $9--I was surprised to see just how small .12 ounces is! I was mixing a drop in with serum (supposedly this gets the best results) and using it every night for about 2 weeks.
Absolutely ZERO results--no change in fine lines, dark spots, redness, nothing, nada. While I didn't feel any burning or irritation, I'm pretty sure it was making my oily skin even more oily--very shiny after using this.
Thinking I had done something wrong, or should check out other vitamin C products, I started reading up, and came across a picture of what color the vitamin C should be. The day I received this (the day I started using it), it was quite dark orange. I figured, well it's supposed to be that color. No, it's not!!! Vitamin C should be very clear, with maybe the faintest tint of orange or yellow. By the time it's very orange, it's no longer stable, not effective, and you're basically just rubbing free radicals all over your face. Wow, thanks, Paula's Choice.... Not a huge fan of any of the PC products, and now I certainly won't be purchasing ANY of them again.

on 10/21/2016 3:32:00 AM

I tried this a few years ago and it left an orange cast on my skin. I love most of Paula's Choice products, but I think that you might be just as well off making your own serum weekly with a little vitamin c powder like other MUAers do.

If you want a $10 referral code, visit my Notepad.