Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in F-Bomb

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is possibly the prettiest and sexiest red lipstick I own! I grabbed it while it was on sale to make way for the vice lipsticks coming out (glad they're keeping the shade) and bf even likes it! I can't wait to own the shade in the vice packaging when I run out of my current packaging of it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite red lipstick (my skin is pale with a neutral warm undertone). It has a nice satin/cream finish that feels moisturizing on the lips. While it does transfer, the color and finish left behind look almost exactly the same as they did when first applied, except for some rubbing off in the center and inner corners after some eating and drinking. I do have two qualms: it does bleed and therefore requires a lip liner, and also if it isn't very thoroughly blotted before reapplying it will ball up and feel kind of sticky.

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/19/2015 4:18:00 PM

Being a lover of lipstick and anything to do with coloring in lips, I jumped at the chance to get this, despite the high price. It's just the brand right? That's what I thought. It's just Urban Decay and the name is what I'm paying for, but hey with a good brand I should get quality. And I did, but with the cons that come with it (as everything has cons) for some people it might not be worth that price.

The color is beautiful, making my lips pop and giving it just the right amount of shine without it looking cheap or like a lip gloss. It's an actual lipstick, not a gloss, and no matte. The application is super even, no faded or bald spots showing on your lips, it covers everything up so fully that you don't even need two applications. If you're tired of lipsticks that still show your natural lips even after your application, then this should be your next buy.

It smudges easily though, I'd not say its liquidy but it doesn't dry. A lip liner would be recommended with it as it can smudge easily by even hair flying into your face or eating smth, though eating carefully may prevent this. It doesn't fade with speaking though, I can have a whole conversation then look in the mirror and see no pale line between my lips. The smudging is still a problem though.

The worst problem with this though, is the shape of the lipstick itself. I have so much trouble actually applying it. It's difficult to reach the cupid bows and the sides on top, and on the bottom in the corners it's difficult to fill those in without pretty much sticking half the lipstick into my mouth. It has no tip, its an odd oval shape. Good for lining the bottom lip but its not exactly liquidy enough to smack onto the top lips. The shape isn't very good for the sides, and proves to be an object of frustration upon every application. Give yourself time when applying it, it might take a while.

Pros:
1. The lipstick itself is very light and thin, and wont clump and doesnt require putting it on thickly.
2. No fading between the lips
3. Only one application needed
4. Nice vibrant color

Cons:
1. Unusual and hard to handle shape
2. Smudges easily

on 7/17/2015 10:02:00 AM

I've had MAC Russian Red for years. I've had every drugstore red liquid lipstick you could think of. I was searching for that amazing creamy texture, weightless feel, and the perfect shade to match my coloring. While Russian Red came close to being what I wanted it doesn't hold a candle to F-Bomb.

Creamy, long wearing, and an amazing shade to match my pale skin and dark coloring. For the first time I get why red lips are so sexy. This shade makes me feel like some sexy pinup girl or vamp. It is such a bloody red color.

I do have trouble applying red lipstick in general, I always smear it on my face, but I am not the biggest fan of the shape of the bullet. I wish it was like the CT K.I.S.S.I.N.G line where the head almost acts as a lip brush, so much easier, but will gladly pick up a brush for this color.

Yes, it is dry upon first slide across the lips. But somehow as soon as it is on it transforms into a creamy and gel like look on the lips without being overly shiny. Yesterday I wore this shade from 10 am to 4 pm when I had to take it off because I was going to the gym. It was going extremely strong at that point.

All in all a fantastic product and formula.

I'm amassing a small collection of reds, and F Bomb is amongst that collection.

Urban Decay had a package deal going, called The Ultimate Pair, which included a full size lipstick and lip liner to match. I had some extra cash to burn, and I was already impressed with Jilted, so I decided that I would grab a tube for the hell of it.

Color wise, I would say that this is pretty close dupe to MAC's Ruby Woo (albeit a tad bit darker and a little bloodier), so if you didn't like the texture of Ruby Woo, this would be an excellent alternative.

And, like Jilted, it was creamy, and lasted for quite a long time.

Amazing colour, highly pigmented, all day staying power (I only reapplied once between 8:30 and 18:00 to fill in edges where I'd eaten), lips feel so smooth afterwards. Fantastic.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a beautiful mid-range deep red lipstick but it feels incredibly uncomfortable on the lips. The color definitely is long-wearing but it certainly isn't moisturizing. It emphasized lines I didn't know existed and I definitely applied a slight touch of conditioning lip balm before application of this lipstick. I definitely won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like some, I received a mini-sized version of this lipstick from Sephora. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it! The color can best be described as a perfect deep, blood-red (blue with warm undertones). The coverage is excellent, and the finish is neither glossy nor matte. I have full lips, and I tend to apply it directly from the tube - around the perimeter of my lips, and then I smudge it inward. This technique almost creates an ombré effect, which I love! Tip: This hue works well with Kat Von D's monarch eye shadow palette.

This is the first Urban Decay product that I've tried, but F-bomb makes me want to explore the line.

on 12/10/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a Sephora VIB points perk. I'm no stranger to UD eye products, face powders and several other products but this is my first foray into their lipsticks but it won't be my last.

This is really an amazing formula - lipstick with serious staying power that still manages to feel really good on the lips. It lasts through mid-morning coffee and sometimes even through lunch. I must admit that I have issues with the name of this shade. I see nothing clever or stylish in UD's penchant for trying to "mainstream" vulgar, ugly, trashy phrases. It's neither clever nor classy and reminds me of a kid who has just learned a new dirty word and loves to snicker over it. But F-Bomb a lovely shade of red, though a bit bright and more orange-leaning than I like for every day wear. But the formula is so terrific that I will certainly be buying this lipstick in a more wine or berry tone (and with a less vulgar name!) the next time I'm at Sephora. But I am enjoying using this and with the holiday season coming, a clean red lipstick really fills the bill and I'll get a lot of use from it.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Wore it at 9 in the morning and at 4:30 it's still going. I've even had a meal in the middle.

I wasn't feeling like wearing something too creamy, shiny today so I only put a little bit on and smeared it making it more like a hydrated Matte. The colour even at half strength is fully opaque and long lasting. I'm impressed.