Revlon Super Lustrous - Rich Girl Red

Revlon Super Lustrous - Rich Girl Red
Super Lustrous - Rich Girl Red

4.1

Rich girl red is exactly what I had hoped it would be. It's a warm toned red, but very "safe" because it is super sheer. You can put one layer for that barely there warm red tone, or build it up for more impact. Love it. Sort of like black honey but a red version. It feels nice on the lips, really nice actually, and hasn't migrated out of my lip lines being worn without a liner. I suppose it would look good with a red lip liner, but that would give the overall look more opacity. It looks slightly shiny but not particularly glossy, and not as shiny or slick as urban decay sheer formulas. Just a moisturized looking, barely there type of shine (once again reminds me of the clinique almost lipstick in terms of shine and opacity and even feel on the lips). I really like it. It was like 5 bucks at Wal-Mart. My only complaint is the packaging. The lid on the one I got is a bit loose and I'm worried it mi get come off in my bag. Other than that its great for what it is, a very sheer, very slightly orangey red creme lipstick. Very nice.

on 2/2/2018 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My name is Kim and I'm red-phobic. Have several nice opaque reds in my makeup drawer which never see the light of day because I feel self-conscious when I wear them. I have a few "red-lites" in heavier rotation, such as Clinique's Angel Red and LQ's Medieval; they are nice and less anxiety-producing. Recently, I read somewhere that Rich Girl Red was a nice, sheer, orange-red that looks great- hey, it does! Makes for a nice kind of retro pop that isn't scary. Comfortable on my lips and wears off to a nice color, too. Going to wear today since it's GoRed Day!

on 11/14/2017 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have had this for 6 months, and actually bought a backup! Its a nice, sheerish red. When it wears off or if you blot or apply lightly....unlike 90% of the reds out there....this leaves a faded RED stain. Hard to explain but...its like if you water down red punch or kool aid, you don't get pink...you get faded red. This is what this lipstick is like. It leans warmish but its not really coral at all. It is very easy to apply since the formula is sheer.

The formula is also very, very moisturizing and comfortable to wear. It rivals Dior Addict IMO for moisturizing and comfortable wear.

When it wears off, you will not look like a clown. It wears very evenly.

Obviously it is not full coverage or long wearing, but I doubt anyone reading a review for a sheer lipstick had wanted that....I hope.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I normally don't like red lipsticks; they're overpowering and tend to make me look like a clown. This one is quite wearable though. It's a true red color and almost feels like a lip balm going on. It's more pigmented than a lip balm however, and leaves a gorgeous glossy finish. For how moisturizing it is, the staying power is quite good.

on 3/27/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful warm orange-leaning red, perfect entry level red. Amazing thing is, it doesn't turn pink on me!!! Everything usually does- this is a winner. Love love love.

on 7/3/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

If you're a little red-shy like me, and want to be able to put on without much attention to it a sheer red like this is perfect. Its lovely. I think Revlon tests on animals still though and that's why I won't rebuy but they had bogo%50 😲😞

on 12/9/2015 11:50:00 AM

Huh? What is this? Red? no way...not on me. On me this comes up a bright orange. Maybe I got a freak tube...it went back. Geez all I wanted was a sheer red. Revlon is slipping imo.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Lovely warm red that is transparent and moisturizing. I love to pair this with a brown lipliner. The contrast is so gorgeous and my lips look so full. Stays comfortable and I just love it. I love these Revlon lippies and they are my favorite drugstore brand. I want all of them please!

on 11/22/2014 1:11:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is more sheer than I expected but I find that I like it anyway. It's a perfect everyday strawberry red shade - great for work when a more vivid shade would be too showy. It quite moisturising and had about 2/3 hours staying power. It's also very useful as a light gloss over a more matte shade. Not the usual rich texture that I really love about Revlon lipsticks, but not as messy as a Colourburst like Candy Apple - it fills a need in my collection for a more casual, very wearable red. this would be great to try if stronger reds made you feel a little uncomfortable - it's a gateway red!

on 11/21/2014 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Rich Girl Red is a semi-sheer light red. A glossy balm texture, if that makes any sense. I could see this on a tanned or deep skintone in summer for a casual look. I was hoping for a more opaque finish - for this reason I would not repurchase. There needs to be something to differentiate opaque from sheer finishes in a lipstick line that uses the same packaging.