MAC runway hit

MAC runway hit

3.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just wanted to say that this shade is incredibly similar to Sleek's Bare All. The formulas are fairly similar as well. Bare All is maybe a *tiny* bit brighter, but they are very similar.

on 5/11/2017 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm a big fan of the matte makeup look and rarely buy any lipstick from Mac that isn't matte or satin finish, so I'm used to dryness... but this is almost like trying to color my lips with crayon. SO dry, patchy application, doesn't seem to be covering my lips evenly even when I apply coat after coat. As a side note, I chose this over Velvet Teddy (which I've had and used up before) because I thought it would be a slightly lighter, peachier version, but it turns up sort of a bright coral against my skin tone. Not really what I was looking for. I'll keep wearing it over a brown-ish nude lip liner to tone it down, but I wouldn't seek this one out again.

on 4/4/2017 8:34:00 AM

the shade is beautiful peachy nude, but the retro matte formula on this particular one shade is drying, set into every lines on the lips and make it looks patchy

on 9/26/2016 10:55:00 AM

I love all of my MAC lipstick but this one is just too dry, it makes my lips fleaky even if I prepare them correctly.

on 6/9/2016 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

MAC needs to step up its game... This is a nice peachy pink lipstick but the formula is horrible. On first layer, it doesn't go on opaque and then, the more you swipe this over your lips to build up the color, the patchier it gets. I stopped buying MAC a long time ago due to their horrible customer service and also because other brands have surpassed them in terms of quality. I only got this as my Back to MAC shade and I'm extremely disappointed! Oh and also upon opening my brand new tube of lipstick, it was already broken at the base. Not happy!

on 9/12/2015 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is a beautiful peachy red colour... I wear it over the top of Mocha... I always tend to mix and match and these two look lovely together. However on the downside, its very drying... more so than other Mac matt lipsticks like Kinda Sexy and Taupe which I also love... but I still would repurchase as I love the shade!... unfortunately I heard its a limited edition :-(

on 6/15/2015 3:51:00 PM

I bought this hoping for a warm pinky peach nude and it leans more towards peach than pink. It's a beautiful color but I don't think it will be one of my go-to lipsticks as it is not exactly what I had hoped for in an every day nude. I will work with it and come up with some different looks (eyeshadow, blush, etc) to be able to use it, but once it's gone I will not be rushing to the store to get a replacement.

EDIT: after playing around with some different products to use with Runway Hit, I happened across a wonderful combination, this lippie looks FANTASTIC paired with UD's Afterglow Blush in the shade "Score". This combination added so much warmth to my complexion without the use of a bronzer. I was bowled over at how well the two worked together and honestly don't mind the peachiness of this lipstick now. Since I found a suitable combination of products I am raising this another lippie and stating that I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was finally able to get my hands on this shade since it was sold out everywhere (I ordered online with MAC). And I gotta say out of all the retro mattes that I've bought (flat out fabulous, relentlessly red and ruby woo) this one performs NOTHING like the rest. I had to apply,apply,apply to get an even ample amount on my lips. The color is absolutely beautiful but it doesn't have the same level of opaqueness as the others in the collection which is quite disappointing.Against my NC45 skintone it appears as a soft coral/nude/pink.It doesn't appear ashy or make me look washed out. Its quite warming against my skintone. It doesn't feeling dry at all on the lips and I didn't even apply lip balm. Would I ever repurchase again? Its kinda hard to say as I love the shade but not the overall performance.

Against my NC45 skintone

on 9/22/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because I was looking for a nice nude. I'm around an nc45 and I have very pigmented lips. So, I got a lip liner from
NYX in a similar color. For some reason, the lipstick always wears off within a few hours. Then I'm left with patchy looking colored lips! Maybe I need to get a better lip liner but I've never experienced this with other NYX lip liners and Mac lipsticks. Overall, slightly disappointed.

on 9/15/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

my skin color is medium dark with a lot of yellow undertones its in the mac nc50/nars macao/chanel 94 amber range . I hate lip gloss and tend to stick to matte finishes. This lipstick is not drying or and doesn't apply patchy, you can use a small amount of lip balm underneath. Its not the same texture as ruby woo but more of a regular mac matte finish. I start by applying it in thin layers rather than heavy handed at once, i find if you apply it heavily it will appear caked. The color works beautifully as a everyday MLBB on me. I can also use a wine colored lip liner, blend it in then put the lipstick and blend together, it turns into a beautiful strawberry-coral color. It also looks beautiful by itself with either day makeup, or a heaver smokey eye,or even a purple eye shadow look