3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I really like this conditioner. I tend to stay away from volumizing conditioners, even though my fine hair could use some volume, because they're often drying. This was gifted to me and I thought I'd give it a try. I'm close to finishing the bottle, which says a lot. It leaves my hair with a smooth, slightly bouncy finish, with that glorious scent. It's not a powerhouse in terms of moisture; if you need a lot of moisture this product probably isn't going to cut it. But I'm glad to have found a product that does seem to accomplish the seemingly impossible - moisture plus volume.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

1.0

4 years ago

I just tried this in combination with Moroccanoil extra volume shampoo and my hair was greasy when it dried. I have just re-washed my hair with only the shampoo and will then write a review of that one based on the results. My hair is super fine and kind of oily. I don't usually use conditioner since my hair is on the oily side. I have been using Matrix Biolage Colorlast Shampoo and it does the job most days. I wash my hair every day pretty much, sometimes every other day. I did hit the wall with the Matrix Biolage ColorLast eventually (getting greasy/not cleaning the hair) and, fortunately, one wash with the biolage normalizing shampoo for normal to oily hair brought it back to normal. Since then, I have started washing my hair once a week with this clarifying shampoo (Biolage Normalizing Shampoo) and that system has been working well for me. I have given Morrocanoil's extra volume products a shot since my hair is super fine and flat and the reviews on here are pretty good. Stay tuned for my review of the corresponding shampoo.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I'm a loyal Redken user but switched to this temporarily when I received it as part of my BeautyDNA subscription. This stuff is sulfate free, but you can't tell when you use it -- it lathers up well. It keeps my hair healthy looking and feeling, and while it doesn't seem particularly volumizing, it also doesn't weigh my hair down, which makes me happy. The shampoo smells great but the conditioner has a strange stale spiciness to it that I can't quite put my finger on. I like it but I probably wouldn't repurchase because of the price. 8 oz of this stuff costs the same as 1L of my favorite Redken shampoo or conditioner.

About reviewer (283 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

5 years ago

This is a good volumizing conditioner. It's lightweight, it doesn't feel greasy, and it moisturizes my baby fine hair. The smell is unpleasant, like the body souffle I got, but thankfully it fades a bit. It's earthy and herbal to me, it's just not pleasant. But thankfully in the conditioner (and the shampoo), the smell is mild. So I will use up the bottles but I would not repurchase, as there are cheaper options I've found that work for me that smell better. Even if not cheaper, I enjoy the Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind shampoo and the Blossom & Bloom Volumizing Conditioner. Those are both natural smelling but they don't smell weird or off to me. It's a personal preference, but for the money, I'd rather get the same effect with Briogeo that I enjoy than buy Moroccanoil ever again. It's a good product yes, but the cost is prohibitive and I could find something as good at a cheaper price point, with a fragrance I like. I don't want pungent fragrances, there was some cherry blossom Paul Mitchell I tried in the past that nauseated me it was so sweet, but this just isn't my cup of tea. I highly recommend not ordering online for your first order, if you can, get this in a salon to smell to see if you like it, then if you do the website is handy to get it delivered to your front door. I do appreciate the volume but the bottles are small and the price is high and the scent, while being mild and fading, is just not for me.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

I bought the matching Volume Shampoo and Conditioner. I don't feel that it gives extra volume but does make my hair soft and shiny. The fragrance smells just like the Moroccanoil (which I love) I prefer this Matching shampoo and conditioner to the Moisturising Moroccanoil Shampoo and Conditioner and also feel it is better then the Macadamia Nut Shampoo and Conditioner too. I will always keep buying the Volume Shampoo and Conditioner as it has become my new favorite.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

5 years ago

The volume shampoo in this line is my HG, so I use the conditioner to go with it. It's nice and light, while making it easy to detangle my hair, and seems to keep my hair as healthy as can be without weighing it down, but dear god the fragrance! I love the way the shampoo smells, it's so light and fresh, but with the conditioner it's like someone accidentally spilled five times more fragrance into the mix. I really wish it wasn't so strongly scented, which is why this conditioner gets 4 lippies instead of 5.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

1.0

5 years ago

Bad. I have colored medium length wavy hair. Never have had issues with breakage or split ends. With using the shampoo and conditioner in the line I definitely started experiencing those things. At $30 a pop, definitely not worth your hard earned cash.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

Light but effective conditioner - the fragrance is heaven.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

5 years ago

It works. Period. I will never using anything else. This, the shampoo that comes with it, the restorative masks and oils. Never before have I had anything that actually works this good. Pricey? Not cheap, but not more expensive than the other stuff and it works better anyway.

About reviewer (916 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

6 years ago

i have fine blonde hair, this stuff beats kenzi, argan, keratin, etc.. I went to school for cosmetology and believe me, this line will fix even the finest over processed hair better than a keratin treatment w/o breaking it, buy their paddle brush even if you've never used one and all that hair you've colored that's been falling out or you've been losing from stress, give it a week, it won't be in this brush at all, volume shampoo and conditioner light mask once a week oil each time you wash, use a wet hair comb, then dry and style with their paddle brush. You can move over to sham pure or pureology purple or something more volumizing later even lanza and kenzi oil. I'd rather see you morrocan and shampure forever and fyi i went to paul mitchell and teach dance so i'm not selling. You're not imagining it you're losing less hair and seeing regrowth, it's not just less stress in your life in fact your life probably hasn't changed at all but this stuff will change your hair forever. give it a little while to get the oil amount right etc..

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination