Rimmel ScandalEyes Retro Glam Mascara

Rimmel ScandalEyes Retro Glam Mascara
ScandalEyes Retro Glam MascaraScandalEyes Retro Glam MascaraScandalEyes Retro Glam MascaraScandalEyes Retro Glam Mascara

3.4

on 5/13/2017 1:35:00 PM

I heard that this was a dupe for the Better than sex mascara. I have never tried that one since I am not willing to spend more than 10$ on mascara, drug store is fine for me. I decided to try this since it was on sale ($3). I do NOT like this mascara! The brush is huge, which I guess is nice if you want to color your lashes quicker, but I like to be precise and I'm ok with spending some time to make them look nice. The brush also picks up so much product, your lashes end up looking thick and clumpy, I am not a fan of this look. I like my lashes to be separated and made to look longer, this just doesn't do it. The color is really black so thats kinda good. I do not recommend and regret buying it.

on 4/30/2017 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I never noticed any dramatic affect any mascara has ever had on my lashes until this one! This mascara is the first one I've ever owned that made my eyelashes look so long and wispy! You will not be disappointed with how flattering this mascara leaves your lashes. If they discontinue it I'd probably throw a fit. LOVE IT! I highly recommend it!

on 4/16/2017 1:21:00 PM

I tried this product out for 3 days. It would flake. By the end of the day, I looked like I had raccoon eyes. I have oily eyelids, so that's probably why.

I rarely buy mascaras with big wands as I find they are gimmicky and unnecessary, but decided to try this one anyway. I shouldn't have. It's terrible. Way too much product comes off on the brush, in turn getting too much on the eyelashes. I do wipe some of the excess product off on the side of the tube, but then it has to be cleaned up, or else there will be a ton of caked-up mascara preventing the tube from tightly closing. Because it goes on clumpy, a lash comb is a must, which of course takes extra time. Would decidedly not repurchase.

I love Too Faced Better Than Sex, mascara. I purchased this in waterproof, because I am a contact lens wearer, and sometimes my eyes water. I have panda eyes with regular mascaras, even the Too Faced mascara. When I tried the Too Faced mascara, I couldn't find the waterproof version, trial or regular tube.

When I saw this was in waterproof, I purchased it. I love the look on my lashes this gives me. Most of the other waterproof I have tried flake like mad. I haven't experienced flaking with this Rimmel mascara, and this gives me the same look as the Too Faced mascara, but is waterproof. I have used this for a week, and if it holds up, I might have a new HG waterproof mascara.

If you have a love/hate relationship with Two Faced "Better Than Sex Mascara".. THIS mascara will leave you with the same feeling as well, only at a cheaper price!
This mascara is a definite NO, NOT! I just feel that pretty much ALL of the Makeup Company's are "trying" to do whatever it takes to make us buy "New Revolutionary Mascara's". Bigger and thicker bottles, weird shaped brushes, claims about "New Formulation's", ect. If you are truly happy with the mascara you are using, trust me..stop wasting your time and money on something new! The whole, "Bigger Is Better" concept.. uhhh Not entirely true..as a matter of fact, it's Not true! How many times can we as consumers fall for that gimmick? I know I have. I own up to it. To each their own of course. But mascara wands that are big, silhouetted, ect.. we already know that the mascara is going to wind up all over the top of your eyeball and the bottom of your eyeball. It's the same saying as, "What Goes Up Must Come Down". It's just a fact! Certain things are true and certain things aren't. (I won't get into the tiny mascara wands). Every review I do, I look to compare it with some type of common sense theory and Not just state it's good or awful. But, here are some of the reasons why I didn't care for this mascara.
The infamous hourglass shaped wand. As I said, it seems to get everywhere else on and around your eye area, except for your actual lashes. L. I would have amazing and long, thick lashes IF I got all that mascara on my lashes! What a waste of mascara and money. This mascara also has a weird smell. The formula does get gloppy. If it's already that way on the wand, you can just imagine the glop on your eyelashes. The actual ease of applying it, it's not easy. Especially if you are on a schedule.
With THAT being said, I just need to say that I am not a beginner here applying mascara and I do have a license for applying make-up. SO.. I did a test on using a regular mascara wand. While it WAS easier, I STILL couldn't handle the glop or that smell of the actual product! Prime and didn't prime my eyelashes. You name it, I tired it. The greatest tip that I can give you is, when using Any mascara, only dip once with your wand in the actual mascara. There is plenty of mascara on there to accomplish some awesome length and thickness to your lashes. Don't pump your mascara wand into the mascara, it dries it out very quickly. Roll the mascara tube between your hands to warm up the mascara, because the mascara Is on the side of the tubes and Not the whole tube. I would also recommend that you DON'T keep your mascara in the bathroom, where you and maybe the whole household loves to take extremely hot showers and baths! (Crazy I know!). Heat of any kind will dry out the mascara. Maybe to first apply your mascara, use a different brush at home, if you like the formulation & use the regular mascara wand for a touch up during the day or to amp it up for the night. I am just trying to help preserve your Mascara's, the ones you love and Do want to keep and last.. and Who Doesn't Love a few added Beauty Tip's!? Good Luck Fellow Mascara Lover's! 😉😇☺

i thought this was supposed to be an alternative to bts from too faced. not. makes my lashes stick together in clumps and doesn't separate. hard to build volume. waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Probably my favorite mascara; my other top 2 are Maybelline Lash Sensational and Jordana Bestlash Extreme Volumizing, for a reference. It has a very big brush, but unlike the Scandaleyes Lycra flex, the middle of the brush is tapered in the middle like it has a waist and I find this change in the brush makes it a lot easier to use. I get even more volume out of this formula than the Lycraflex. If you are looking for "wow", "pop," in your mascara to really make your eyes stand out, this is it. Love this look with a dark liquid liner or cat eye. I have the Extreme Black color, which is very very dark black. I have recommended this to so many people and will continue to use it. Lasts all day and I haven't noticed any flaking. Does not make my eyes itch, either. Love!

For reference, I have fairly long light brown lashes that are straight, so I always curl them and feel like my eyes are naked without mascara. I love volumizing mascaras, since I am a busy mom who only has time for one coat most days. This mascara really works for me. The formula is soft and buildable, and there won't be clumps as long as you dab the excess off the very tip of the brush. The shape of the wand looks peculiar, but that is actually why this mascara works so well for me. I have prominent eyes, which means my eyeballs protrude outwards rather than sinking into my sockets (sounds gross, but it's not). The shape of the wand follows the contour of my eye and puts on an even layer of product. I can curl my lashes, sweep on some of this and call it a day, or add another coat or two for a special occasion. Excellent, especially for this price point.

TL;DR Perfect natural looking volume in one coat, wand shape just right for round, prominent eyes. Would repurchase.

on 9/1/2016 4:22:00 PM

I don't understand why other people don't like this mascara, but I actually find it pretty nice. It creates long and voluminous lashes without making them too fake looking. Doesn't clam and smudge.