3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

22 days ago

I’m really disappointed in this product. The brush is too large and the bristles are so soft that you cannot get a precise application and it will be very thick and clumpy. I tried using a different mascara wand to comb out some of the clumps, but the formula is so wet that it’s almost impossible. It’s a big NO from me. I’m going to have to throw this away unfortunately

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

8 months ago

I've got pewny Asian lashes and sadly, this was a no go. Lashes didn't stay up or hardly any thickening. Too bad coz it's such a cheap price

About reviewer (1297 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

a year ago

I like the mascara. My lashes are noticeably longer and thicker. The only drawback is that this mascara flakes. I've purchased the mascara before and didn't have the flaking problem. Maybe I purchased the waterproof version before. I would try using the waterproof one again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBrown

2 years ago

The brush was huge and the formula was very wet. Even after trying to get some of the mascara off the brush, it was still very wet and thick and would not dry. I had to use a piece of toilet paper to get all the excess off my eyelashes and it was just a huge goopy mess.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This mascara is awesome! I've been using it for a little over a week now and I absolutely love it! I am so impressed!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I’ve never liked any mascara from a drugstore... I’d lost my coveted Buxum Lash AND Estee Lauder... and there were no other places open at the time for make up other than Walgreens and Walmart. I did an extensive google search and decided to give this one a try. For six dollars?!!? WOW... this mascara is amazing for a drugstore brand! I get the full look I love for $14 less... HOWEVER.... this mascara does flake after so long. I call it a “one shift” mascara... as in... it only lasts one 8 hour shift then hello itchy eyes. (I’m very sensitive) Also, when removing, I tend to have that “I had a rough night” look... not cute... overall tho, for $6... it’s great.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

This mascara makes my eyelashes look HUGE, long, thick and doll-like, which I really look for on a mascara. The brush is amazing (like the one in Better than sex) but sometimes I ended with mascara inside my eye or in my contact lenses which is horrible. It stays on all day, even as months pass it keeps the same quality. My only complain is that is smudges... Because of the type of contact lenses I use, every mascara I've tried smudges and I hate that. But this one is really really good all things considered.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I love this mascara!!! I'm on my third tube and my bff uses it too.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I've had this recommended to me, and I finally bit the bullet and bought a tube. Fortunately it was on sale at a drugstore, so I paid $2 and change. For that price it's pretty good. What I like: When I use this I do get really spidery lashes. They're definitely noticeable. I'll apply and then hold a Q-tip or my finger against my lashes to "set" the curl (also, I misplaced my lash curler). Holding the damp lashes up for a moment adds a bit of curl and hikes them up a bit so they're more noticeable. Once they set my lashes are definitely amplified. I also like that the formula doesn't have any major smell. No fragrance that lingers after applying, etc. In fact, I can't pick up any scent, which is ideal because I personally loathe perfumed mascaras. The formula is buildable. Apply a bit, wait, and go again. Two coats and my lashes are noticeable. A couple more coats and it's trashy good. The price. I think this tops out at about $6, and there are often sales so you can get it for $3 or less. With drugstores having good return policies, it's worth a try. What I don't like: The brush, for starters. It's a fat curvy brush that comes in an hourglass shape so it's narrow in the middle. It seems kind of unnecessary, but in general I prefer a skinny brush instead of a big fat one. The bigger the brush, the more likely mascara ends up on my eyelids. I also am not wild about the fact that this can apply clumpy. With some care it can be avoided, but it can easily look bonkers on lashes. (Good if you seek huge spidery lashes, but bad if you want more definition.) Best approach is to wipe the brush on a tissue before applying and build it up. It can get a bit crumbly. Nothing major, but taking a peek now and then to make sure it's not migrating might be a good approach early on, to make sure it behaves like it should. I don't notice any major issues, but on watery-eyes or allergy days it never hurts to check. Would I buy it again? Sure. With a coupon or when it's on sale I would say yes. Not for $6, though. And that's mainly because I can wait it out for a deal. Since it's suggested mascara should be pitched after three or six months, I see no reason to pay full price for it. At least not until I come across that grail of mascaras.

About reviewer (364 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I heard that this was a dupe for the Better than sex mascara. I have never tried that one since I am not willing to spend more than 10$ on mascara, drug store is fine for me. I decided to try this since it was on sale ($3). I do NOT like this mascara! The brush is huge, which I guess is nice if you want to color your lashes quicker, but I like to be precise and I'm ok with spending some time to make them look nice. The brush also picks up so much product, your lashes end up looking thick and clumpy, I am not a fan of this look. I like my lashes to be separated and made to look longer, this just doesn't do it. The color is really black so thats kinda good. I do not recommend and regret buying it.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24