MAC Cosmetics Camel Coat

3.6

on 3/18/2018 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The quality of this paintpot is great (beautifully creamy, nice coverage, easy to apply, covers discolorations and stays put without creasing) but with my fair warm-ish skin and green eyes it's hugely unflattering; makes me look dull and tired in a split second. I loved the color when swatched and the consistency but definitely doesn't work for me. Even as a base it makes eyeshadows added on top look ugly. Call me bitterly disappointed.

on 1/5/2016 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

LOVE THIS!
I totally agree with all the previous reviewers. Camel Coat is a great neutral greige color (def. not camel) between pinkish Painterly and yellowish Soft Ochre. I have all 3, and Camel Coat is the creamiest, yet it dries to a nice semi-matte finish that doesn't crease or fade. Can be applied with fingers or brush. Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. Have used it daily since buying it 6 months ago (and there's still a lot of product left).

Great for concealing reddish or discoloured eye lids. Has a nice brightening effect and looks very natural its own as a subtle wash. My eyes but better!
I like to pair it with MAC Omega in the crease.

Will rebuy forever!
Me: NC20/NC25, dry rosacea skin.

on 1/29/2015 9:38:00 AM

This paint pot is beautiful, but in my opinion, the name is misleading. When I think of a camel coat, I think this color should be a warm, pale nude peachy color. This is a pale taupe, so I would have named it light greige. The texture is not as dry as soft ochre, but not quite as creamy as painterly. Staying power is excellent. It just adds makes a gorgeous canvas for my powder shadows.

My negative review is not about the product itself, but about my individual experience with this color. I love paint pots and was excited to see this color online, which looked to be a true neutral between the pink-ish Painterly and the yellow Soft Ochre. In person it's a surprisingly grey taupe, or at least that's now it looked on my NW20 skin. On a different skin tone it probably has a nice, brightening effect like Painterly does for me, but on me it was vaguely corpse-like. Just not right for me.

on 9/8/2013 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have always kept one or two Paint Pots around, because I think that they provide the best canvas for eyeshadow. Usually Painterly or Ochre...However I picked up CC from the new collection, and in my opinion is superior to the others I've tried. It seems creamier, yet dries to a lovely matte-ish finish. Blended easily and perfectly. Matte without being drying. The color is lovely...the perfect hue of beige grey. Not necessary to wear other eyeshadow on top of it...the color really does stand alone. WEars until I take it off with or without other eyeshadow. Color stays true all day...no creasing or fading. Like alot.