L'Oreal Paris Steampod

4.8

on 6/3/2018 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought the black Mightnight in Paris Steam Pod in the beginning of January and have been using it twice a week for the last five months without fail. Can't live without it now.

I have naturally curly hair and prefer soft waves, just looks the most flattering on me. Steam pod helps me achieve voluminous bouncy waves without tugging and with minimal damage.

I just wash and condition them, apply heat protectant, let them dry naturally or with the help of hair dried and separate in sections. Firstly I brush, glide along the strand to straighten and go back again while bending the wrist to form the wave. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube. About 30' need instead of my usual 60'+

I get super glossy hair and since there is not much friction and abuse I don't get much fallout. I'm convinced it's much more kind to the hair than traditional straighteners. Using distilled water is not much of an issue either, a huge 4L amount cost me about 2 euros and not even half has been finished yet.

Why not 5 stars then?

First of all it's too bulky to travel with, sadly. Because I'm addicted not and can't style my hair the way I want otherwise.

Secondly because of the size I can't grab firmly the very roots which is the curliest part and therefore have to use a small straightener with narrow plates to finish off the look or else it looks sloppy. Takes only 2' but having to use a separate tool is a bummer. Also if I want more defined curls in some spots I'll still use a curling iron too.

Overall it's not the hair device to end of all hair devices because I still need others for perfect hair but none can do its job so fast and so good.

Lastly the price. Frankly it's absurd. Also skip the patching hair products, they're nothing special. You're better off using your favourite heat protectant and finishing serum.

I would definitely buy again.

on 3/6/2016 6:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Even when my hair is blow dried by a hairdresser, the style only lasts a couple of hours before frizzing. With my own GHDs it looks OK for about an hour provided I don't go out in any sort of humidity.
My new Steampod is FANTASTIC!

Whatever the weather, with only a blob of styling cream and a few minutes steaming, my hair is truly manageable for the first time in my life. Worth every penny!

on 3/1/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I hesitated to buy this because I thought that the price is ridiculous for a hair styling tool, but if I had to pay for it again I would, without a second thought. I have no words to express the miracle that is the Steampod. All the positive reviews you have read are right.

I have fine, frizzy, dry-ish very long hair. My GHD's straightened it alright but my hair looked dried, flat and fried. Enter the Steampod. I straighten my hair in 5 minutes and every time, every single time, my hair looks glossy, healthy and full. No frizz even when I get rain on it! For the first time in my life someone thought that my hair is probably extensions because they look so 'lush, healthy, long and full' ! My husband, who initially had a heart attack upon learning the price, said 'Why didn;t you buy it before? Your hair looks the best I have ever seen it'. It is this good. I actually cannot wait to wash my hair and style it. I wish I could figure out how to create waves with it but I haven't yet. I love, love, love it.

These are my H.G straighteners. I wish i'd got these before i bought the latest G.H.D Eclipse. At first I was skeptical about using steam on my hair as I have super frizzy hair so I asked to try them out in the salon before I bought them. On seeing the results I couldn't resist. They don't leave you with the flat dull just ironed look. My hair looks healthy ~ bouncy and shiny , frizz free and super soft. I paid 130 in my local hairdressers for my Steampod and i got the serum free with it. The serum smells lovely. If they were to break i wouldn't hesitate to go straight out and buy another set. My hair hasn't looked this good in years. I love the shine and bounce my hair has with these. I would definitely recommend these to anyone. I have bought all brands of straighteners over the years and thought the latest G.H.D Eclipse would be the best but i was wrong. Now my G.H.D are lying in the back of a cupboard never to be used again. Goodbye G.H.D Hello Steampod.

Popular Hair Styling Tools