L'Oreal Paris Steampod

No Image

4.5

on 9/10/2018 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worth every penny. I have extremely curly hair and it gets my hair dead straight almost instantly!! People said they couldn’t get to their roots but long as you have the straightener so the steam isn’t pointing towards your head, I haven’t found an issue. Just be aware the steam is extremely hot so do not let it touch your scalp. Keeps your hair straight for days also, which means less heat on your hair not having todo it regularly

on 6/3/2018 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought the black Mightnight in Paris Steam Pod in the beginning of January and have been using it twice a week for the last five months without fail. Can't live without it now.

I have naturally curly hair and prefer soft waves, just looks the most flattering on me. Steam pod helps me achieve voluminous bouncy waves without tugging and with minimal damage.

I just wash and condition them, apply heat protectant, let them dry naturally or with the help of hair dried and separate in sections. Firstly I brush, glide along the strand to straighten and go back again while bending the wrist to form the wave. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube. About 30' need instead of my usual 60'+

I get super glossy hair and since there is not much friction and abuse I don't get much fallout. I'm convinced it's much more kind to the hair than traditional straighteners. Using distilled water is not much of an issue either, a huge 4L amount cost me about 2 euros and not even half has been finished yet.

Why not 5 stars then?

First of all it's too bulky to travel with, sadly. Because I'm addicted not and can't style my hair the way I want otherwise.

Secondly because of the size I can't grab firmly the very roots which is the curliest part and therefore have to use a small straightener with narrow plates to finish off the look or else it looks sloppy. Takes only 2' but having to use a separate tool is a bummer. Also if I want more defined curls in some spots I'll still use a curling iron too.

Overall it's not the hair device to end of all hair devices because I still need others for perfect hair but none can do its job so fast and so good.

Lastly the price. Frankly it's absurd. Also skip the patching hair products, they're nothing special. You're better off using your favourite heat protectant and finishing serum.

I would definitely buy again.

on 1/5/2018 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product completely changed my hair. I have curly frizzy hair. My curls are unflattering, so I tend to always straighten my hair. I have used straighteners all my life. I think I tried them all. This one is in my opinion not comparable to the others. It straightens much faster than the others. I take a maximum of 8 sections to do my whole hair. The straightening lasts until the next wash, no matter how humid the climate. The hair even endures light rain without curling up. I am able to make some waves at the ends, so the hair looks very good.
Before buying this I was never able to do much to my damaged-be-nature hair. Now with this I was able to get highlights and even go blonde. There is no frizziness that I cannot handle. My hair looks much better.

Note: I have no idea if it damages the hair more than other products. My hair is just has always been a naturally damaged kind. But I really think not - it looks the same to me. I do only use Kérastase products and I thoroughly heat protect.

on 5/16/2017 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Me and my sister decided to dish out 180 euro to buy this after seeing many YouTubers raving about this. This is supposed to be less damaging to your hair because it uses steam so we thought why not. I'm giving it two stars because the product does give you salon looking results but I've realized that after a few months of using it, my hair looked damaged and I had countless frizzies and broken hair as a result. This also produces static electricity and while it straightens really well the core of your hair and mostly middle part and hair ends, it won't catch any shorter hair or frizzies appearing in the hair roots and will even snap and twist them. As a result, I get perfectly smooth and straight middle part and hair ends and frizzies/broken hair on top. Same thing happened to my sister, even though we both used its own styling cream and anti-frizz products. Perhaps the plates and steam are not damaging the hair on their own but the design and static electricity snatches your hair and leaves frizzy parts. I have tried Remington irons and I didn't experience this issue so I will probably sell them on Ebay since they are so popular.

I so wanted to love this expensive tool but it didn't work for my fine and dense hair. Watching all the fab youtube reviews I was so convinced that this would do miracles for my hair but I was desilllusioned. It somewhat dried out my hair and it felt crunchy after the steam had evaporated. It also became quite complicated to comb through my fine hair. My hypothesis is that this tool is better for curly and coarse hair whereas it made my fine hair looked fried - back to my beloved and trustworthy GHD.

My HG straightener. I had high expectations of that expensive product. I am more than impressed!This miracle steam flat iron straightens my wavy hairs easily to a sleek, shiny look. My other straighteners often made it crispy and it took long til I was satisfied with the result. The steam really seems to work. It only works with destilled water, please never consider mixing it with something. It will only damage your Steampod. The new white one is ok, but sometimes there is water coming out of one the holes and it doesn't make my hair so flawless like the black one. So stay with the original. You will fall in love with it and your hair.

on 3/18/2016 8:58:00 AM

This is the holy grail of hair straighteners. I have been using GHD's for years thinking I couldn't find anything better but they were destroying the ends of my hair and I had lots of broken bits around my temples where the hair isn't as strong. My friend who has similar hair to me, coarse textured, color processed etc recommended this and actually let me try hers out and I haven't looked back. I know it's expensive but not much more than a GHD and 10 times more effective. I use it with the recommended loreal keratin steampod treatment which costs an extra €20 but you only use a small amount otherwise it weighs your hair down. I have tried it just with my morronan oli and its not as effective so to me the keratin treatment is necessary in my case anyway. The steam seems to be more gentle on hair than the dry heat of a normal straightener but you do have to blowdry forst as needs to be used on dry hair. The unit itself is quite bulky if you wished to pack it so I don't know what I'm going to for holidays as I dread the thought of not having it there with me. If you are thinking of investing in this product, for your own sake do so, you won't regret it!!

on 3/6/2016 6:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Even when my hair is blow dried by a hairdresser, the style only lasts a couple of hours before frizzing. With my own GHDs it looks OK for about an hour provided I don't go out in any sort of humidity.
My new Steampod is FANTASTIC!

Whatever the weather, with only a blob of styling cream and a few minutes steaming, my hair is truly manageable for the first time in my life. Worth every penny!

on 3/1/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I hesitated to buy this because I thought that the price is ridiculous for a hair styling tool, but if I had to pay for it again I would, without a second thought. I have no words to express the miracle that is the Steampod. All the positive reviews you have read are right.

I have fine, frizzy, dry-ish very long hair. My GHD's straightened it alright but my hair looked dried, flat and fried. Enter the Steampod. I straighten my hair in 5 minutes and every time, every single time, my hair looks glossy, healthy and full. No frizz even when I get rain on it! For the first time in my life someone thought that my hair is probably extensions because they look so 'lush, healthy, long and full' ! My husband, who initially had a heart attack upon learning the price, said 'Why didn;t you buy it before? Your hair looks the best I have ever seen it'. It is this good. I actually cannot wait to wash my hair and style it. I wish I could figure out how to create waves with it but I haven't yet. I love, love, love it.

on 5/13/2015 8:47:00 PM

the best straightener i have ever tried! it leaves the hair shiny, smooth, very sleek AND looking healthy! i have curly hair and i straightened it on the lowest heat setting and i only ran once or twice over every strand...made my hair look sleek like never before and they were really soft! result stays longer than 3 days ...loveeee it!

Popular Hair Styling Tools