L'Oreal Paris Steampod

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

4.3

I so wanted to love this expensive tool but it didn't work for my fine and dense hair. Watching all the fab youtube reviews I was so convinced that this would do miracles for my hair but I was desilllusioned. It somewhat dried out my hair and it felt crunchy after the steam had evaporated. It also became quite complicated to comb through my fine hair. My hypothesis is that this tool is better for curly and coarse hair whereas it made my fine hair looked fried - back to my beloved and trustworthy GHD.

on 3/18/2016 8:58:00 AM

This is the holy grail of hair straighteners. I have been using GHD's for years thinking I couldn't find anything better but they were destroying the ends of my hair and I had lots of broken bits around my temples where the hair isn't as strong. My friend who has similar hair to me, coarse textured, color processed etc recommended this and actually let me try hers out and I haven't looked back. I know it's expensive but not much more than a GHD and 10 times more effective. I use it with the recommended loreal keratin steampod treatment which costs an extra €20 but you only use a small amount otherwise it weighs your hair down. I have tried it just with my morronan oli and its not as effective so to me the keratin treatment is necessary in my case anyway. The steam seems to be more gentle on hair than the dry heat of a normal straightener but you do have to blowdry forst as needs to be used on dry hair. The unit itself is quite bulky if you wished to pack it so I don't know what I'm going to for holidays as I dread the thought of not having it there with me. If you are thinking of investing in this product, for your own sake do so, you won't regret it!!

on 3/1/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I hesitated to buy this because I thought that the price is ridiculous for a hair styling tool, but if I had to pay for it again I would, without a second thought. I have no words to express the miracle that is the Steampod. All the positive reviews you have read are right.

I have fine, frizzy, dry-ish very long hair. My GHD's straightened it alright but my hair looked dried, flat and fried. Enter the Steampod. I straighten my hair in 5 minutes and every time, every single time, my hair looks glossy, healthy and full. No frizz even when I get rain on it! For the first time in my life someone thought that my hair is probably extensions because they look so 'lush, healthy, long and full' ! My husband, who initially had a heart attack upon learning the price, said 'Why didn;t you buy it before? Your hair looks the best I have ever seen it'. It is this good. I actually cannot wait to wash my hair and style it. I wish I could figure out how to create waves with it but I haven't yet. I love, love, love it.

on 5/6/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

If I could think of some way to say even more about how fab my steampod is than the 6 reviews already I would! Don't be put off by the price (I paid $150). If you have dry thick frizzy or afro relaxed hair go out and buy this now!!! It looks bulky and heavy after sleek GHDs but it's really easy to get the hang of and it works like a miracle!! I've had GHDs which made my hair dry and broke the ends. All other straightners I've tried have as well but the steampod really does transform my hair and I would never go back to managing my hair without it. I have relaxed hair and I blow-dry my hair first with indola straightening blow-dry spray mixed with loreal extraordinary oil. After blowdrying, my hair is a nicer texture but the steampod transforms it into straight silky hair which looks as if I've just come from the salon - and it lasts! I touch up the ends each morning til I next wash my hair. I use the steampod at its lowest setting 170degrees with Moroccan oil glimmershine spray. Lowest setting is fine even for my relaxed hair. I recommend only using it on completely dry hair to make sure you get the silky finish and don't end up with frizzy roots. It does get hot but like all straightners just be careful round your ears. The steam isn't so hot just the plates. It's hard to describe but there's a built in mini comb which works with the plates and this seems to make all the difference compared to normal straightners. I've been using my steampod for 2 years now and my hair is strong and healthy .... And it's grown!!! -All you out there with afro relaxed hair will know how hard it is to stop your ends from breaking and get your hair to grow!! I now officially have a medium long bob from starting out with a crop cut! The steampod won't damage your ends nearly as much as straightners. The only thing I haven't liked is the steampod keratin cream and serum. They were OK but quite.pricy and didn't give.me the same shine and softness as my extraordinary oil and glimmershine spray. But the steampod straightners are the very best thing I use on my hair - 5 out of 5 *+!!!!! :-D

Popular Hair Styling Tools