Chanel Allure for women

Chanel Allure for women

on 7/11/2016 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really feel like someday Allure will be looked upon as a classic like No 5. It is very unique and individual on each person that wears it (as someone below pointed out). For me, it's a warm blend of vanilla and powder, with soft floral notes. I don't find it terribly strong, but I do get compliments when I wear it. I like both the EDT and the EDP, but I prefer the EDP, it is a bit deeper and closer to my skin. The EDT seems to be sparkling and a bit fresher.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I've used a number of fragrances since my teens, and just like my Mum I have found that there are very few which smell good on me. For some reason my body chemistry turns most scents to a smell which can only be described as like cat pee! My Mum finally settled on Chanel No 5, as that never turned on her and always smelt wonderful - I still find the smell of it comforting, but I can never wear it as it reminds me too much of her.

In my early 20s I settled on Gio, not long after it was released, and although I now find it quite a heavy perfume it suited me at the time. I've never worn perfume frequently and I found that Gio was too heavy for daily wear, so I still have that first bottle! By 1996 I was working in the Duty Free shop at the Channel Tunnel and was looking for a new perfume, after my crew had a particularly successful month we were given a choice of a perfume tester bottle, and I'd had my eye on XS Pour Elle as it was a lighter fragrance and more suited to my tastes at that time. So I ended up with a large bottle of that to wear as an everyday scent. But just as with other perfumes, after a few hours of wear I tended to find that XS turned and became quite heavy on me - and gave me headaches - again, I still have that original bottle.

Knowing that my Mum had the same problem, and only Chanel worked for her, I was pleased when Allure was released because I had already decided Chanel was going to be my best shot at a good scent, and Allure sounded like a younger fragrance. I also wanted a Chanel which would smell like me, and not like my Mum! I took a day trip to France with my then fiance (now husband) and he encouraged me to try the Allure, if it suited me we would buy a bottle. The idea was that we would take our day trip and if we both liked the scent by the return journey we would buy a bottle on our way home - but by the time we'd gone round the Duty Free shop we already knew that this was THE fragrance for me, and bought a bottle of the Eau de Toilette there and then. I still have that bottle - and it's still as good as ever! I only wear it for special occasions, and need the smallest amount - I find that it lasts well into the next day. It's the only fragrance that I've found to work consistently with my body chemistry. I also love that it's available in so many formats, and particularly love the Bath Gel. I bought myself another bottle of that when I took a trip to the Channel Islands a couple of weeks ago, as I love it for a special pampering bath. My husband still loves it when I wear Allure, he says it smells like me...

It was interesting to read that this scent was developed so that it would work with a person's body chemistry to create a unique fragrance. Clearly Chanel's fragrance team had people like me in mind, and I am so grateful that this perfume was created. I really don't know what I'd do without it. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who has had problems with other perfumes turning.

To Read all 477 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would've expected different packaging (I did a blind buy), it looks like a men's cologne! But it is utilitarian & feels heavy & solid, & I know when I'm going to run low (unlike Chanel Coco Noir). I was told by a Chanel.com SA that Allure was specifically made to cater to different body chemistries to create a more unique smell for each individual. It's a proprietary blend of ingredients that cause it to function, in the same way to oversimplify it, as the way mood lipstick turns different shades on the wearer. I love the idea of not smelling exactly like any1 else, also the Chanel.com SA told me that Allure (& Coco + Coco Noir) EDP are the strongest most long lasting forms of Chanel fragrance even more so than their plain Parfum which I found a bit fantastical of a claim, but I blind bought them & I am feeling very satisfied w my purchases. Allure is vanilla (not gourmand) w Amber, powderiness & a tinge of musk. I think that it's a tie between Allure & Coco for award for most long lasting. My skin also eats perfume! I thought I was did only 1 wow. I will def be repurchasing. I am a bit of a Chanel collector. You cannot go wrong w Chanel!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I started wearing this product when it came out but was too young to appreciate it. 13 years later i fell in love with it again and now its my signature scent. The longer you wear it, the better it smells.
I have yet to find my fav notes in this scent. But its the perfect combination of powder, amber, vanilla. I get many compliments and hubby loves it!

on 11/2/2015 2:52:00 PM

My VERY favorite fragrance by Chanel! Allure is something I have been wearing on-and-off for many years. It is a subtly sweet vanilla-floral, warm, and a tiny bit powdery. The scent is very feminine and flattering, I always get many compliments with this one.

I have repurchased many times and I'm sure I will continue to do so.

Recommended!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For me, edt smells exactly like united colors of benetton hot! dry down is powdery but still the scent doesn't change. My sister even asked me if I was wearing the hot perfume from benetton. I was disappointed

on 5/24/2015 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

As it is said, "one always returns to one's first love". This happened with me about chanel Allure Perfume. I was using it since September 2010 till January 2015 with the perception that this Perfume matched with my body fragrance. In January this year, I visited one of top cosmetic stores of Lahore, ENEM. The salesman insisted to buy Chanel coco medelmoiselle. Any ways I bought it n used it daily till April 2015. In May 2015 I smelt Chanel Allure perfume again and realised that I am a fan of this perfume. I love Chanel Allure n it's my signature scent!

on 4/27/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this perfume, its feminine but not girly; a soft, complex fragrance

on 4/14/2015 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is my first Chanel fragrance ever!!

So I went into Boots as I wanted at least one Chanel fragrance, so I can also participate in conversations around Chanel fragrances. The two I tried were Coco Mademoiselle and Allure. On the first spray, I preferred Coco Mademoiselle as it smelled fresh, young and feminine. On the other hand, Allure - while more mature and womanly - was slightly overpowering and had that powdery scent that I sometimes like and sometimes dislike based on my mood.

I have to add here that, in general, most of my fragrances are quite heavy: e.g. Le Labo Lys 41, Dior J'Adore L'Or, Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge.

Anyway, I decided to buy the medium-sized bottle of Coco Mademoiselle, particularly as it's getting warmer and I didn't want a heavy scent. I left Boots and did some grocery shopping and kept smelling this amazing scent that seemed to envelope me. I know I sound a little overly romantic here, but it really did smell amazing. I smelled the wrist where I'd sprayed Coco Mademoiselle and found, to my surprise, that the scent was now very faint and what was left behind didn't smell particularly nice *on me*. I went to my other wrist where I'd sprayed Allure, and that overpowering, slightly powdery scent had turned into this amazing vanilla scent (I luuuuurve vanilla). It was truly beautiful. I'm still smelling it as I type.

But what I love even more about the scent is that it's not the obnoxious vanilla scent which tends to be cloying, heavy and overpowering. It's more subtle and sexy. I'm going to wear it on my date on Saturday and see what magic it can do :D.

I went back and swapped the 50ml Coco Mademoiselle for a 100ml bottle of Allure. I figure this scent will be in my life for a very long time :-). I think I've found my signature scent!!!

I really love this perfume. I wore it throughout high school and college and got bored after a bit, plus the price was steep, but I've since returned to it and I'm unsure what possessed me to leave in the first place. I don't know how I got bored of such a pretty scent. Also, the price is steep, and unless you get the VIP or VIB discount at Sephora which seems to be the only place that allows a discount on Chanel, it's going to be full price...it lasts so long that the math works out and it's a fair price. Some perfumes fade and you have to reapply, so it might be inexpensive, but you're using it up 2 to 3 times as fast. You need only 1-2 sprays maximum of Allure and it stays with you the entire day. I smell it into the next day. It fades minimally. I think it's a very wearable Chanel. It is more youthful than their previous endeavors, but it's more unique than the very popular Coco Mademoiselle. I get the appeal of Coco Mademoiselle, but on my skin, Allure is sexy and delicious. I've always received compliments (even the deli clerk slicing my cold cuts said I smelled nice). This isn't for everyone, it is definitely "heavy" but not as heavy as lots of other scents that I find cloying and sickly sweet. Allure has my favorite vanilla note of all time. Other vanillas smell foody and too gourmand and make me ill, this is sexy and seductive. The notes are nice because I feel they truly all are apparent on my skin at the same time. It's not a vast difference from first spraying to the end of the day. I appreciate the consistency because it's always unfortunate when a fragrance smells great during one phase, but unpleasant the rest of the wearing. Highly recommend.

Popular Fragrances