Chanel Allure for women

Chanel Allure for women
Allure for womenAllure for women

on 8/28/2017 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This perfume smells like heaven

on 7/1/2017 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely beautiful! Clean, warm, powdery and strong. It's a calm strong though. I spritz behind both ears and 1 wrist...lasts all day...FACT!! I received this when it came out in the late 90s from a family I babysat for. I would wear it to cheerleading and all the girls loved it! I have several others...but always come back to this as well. Any season really. It's heavy...but that is nice when applied right! Lovely classic!

on 2/19/2017 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried this at Bloomingdale's. The EDP I tried had a really pretty, light aura of citrus, honeysuckle, jasmine, and a vanilla-musk base. I thoroughly enjoyed this for the 30 minutes it lasted on skin and clothing, before dying off to a rather harsh, cheap bathroom cleanser note that was barely discernible.

I started wearing Allure in the late nineties and have used it off and on , along with several other favorites. I recently purchased a new bottle and am falling in love all over again .I am not sure if the formula has been "adjusted " since the last purchase I made a few years ago , but I do know it seems to get BETTER as the years go on.

In my opinion as a fragrance lover , Allure is the most perfect perfume I have encountered for several good reasons. I think it is suited to almost any age ( over 20 ) and is very unlike anything else. It is ( thank God ) not a candy kind of fragrance , is a blend of vanilla, florals and spices , and makes a huge statement in a very understated way. Allure smells expensive , and it is . However, it is very feminine , ultra classy , and not a fragrance that screams "I desperately want attention" . I also think it is suitable for any season or day . It is hard to imagine anyone ever finding fault with it . The best form of sophistication, in my book, is understated elegance , and Allure is just that . The best part is that , even though it is not cheap , it is really long lasting and has enough sillage to make a favorable impression and justify the price of a bottle.

I rarely spend over $100 plus for perfume, because there are so many wonderful fragrances that can be discovered for FAR less. However , I do purchase the EDP in this one , and get so much pleasure from it that I fork over the money and feel I am truly buying a timeless classic that seems to me to be flawless . If I had to be limited to one bottle of perfume, I would choose Allure . You can't go wrong with this one and it will NEVER smell dated.

on 7/11/2016 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really feel like someday Allure will be looked upon as a classic like No 5. It is very unique and individual on each person that wears it (as someone below pointed out). For me, it's a warm blend of vanilla and powder, with soft floral notes. I don't find it terribly strong, but I do get compliments when I wear it. I like both the EDT and the EDP, but I prefer the EDP, it is a bit deeper and closer to my skin. The EDT seems to be sparkling and a bit fresher.

on 11/4/2016 8:05:00 PM

Another masterpiece messed up with. This used to be a wonderful perfume (EDT), my signature along with Estee Lauder Beautiful. Where has its lovely creaminess gone, whatever happened to its versatility and staying power? Even for someone used to its smell, the changes over the years are noticeable. The current formulation is a deplorable shadow of the original. Nice smell, yes, but linear, uninteresting and it barely lasts more than an hour or two. Go for the vintage or at least before 2012 bottles, you will not regret it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would've expected different packaging (I did a blind buy), it looks like a men's cologne! But it is utilitarian & feels heavy & solid, & I know when I'm going to run low (unlike Chanel Coco Noir). I was told by a Chanel.com SA that Allure was specifically made to cater to different body chemistries to create a more unique smell for each individual. It's a proprietary blend of ingredients that cause it to function, in the same way to oversimplify it, as the way mood lipstick turns different shades on the wearer. I love the idea of not smelling exactly like any1 else, also the Chanel.com SA told me that Allure (& Coco + Coco Noir) EDP are the strongest most long lasting forms of Chanel fragrance even more so than their plain Parfum which I found a bit fantastical of a claim, but I blind bought them & I am feeling very satisfied w my purchases. Allure is vanilla (not gourmand) w Amber, powderiness & a tinge of musk. I think that it's a tie between Allure & Coco for award for most long lasting. My skin also eats perfume! I thought I was did only 1 wow. I will def be repurchasing. I am a bit of a Chanel collector. You cannot go wrong w Chanel!

on 11/2/2015 2:52:00 PM

My VERY favorite fragrance by Chanel! Allure is something I have been wearing on-and-off for many years. It is a subtly sweet vanilla-floral, warm, and a tiny bit powdery. The scent is very feminine and flattering, I always get many compliments with this one.

I have repurchased many times and I'm sure I will continue to do so.

Recommended!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I started wearing this product when it came out but was too young to appreciate it. 13 years later i fell in love with it again and now its my signature scent. The longer you wear it, the better it smells.
I have yet to find my fav notes in this scent. But its the perfect combination of powder, amber, vanilla. I get many compliments and hubby loves it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I've used a number of fragrances since my teens, and just like my Mum I have found that there are very few which smell good on me. For some reason my body chemistry turns most scents to a smell which can only be described as like cat pee! My Mum finally settled on Chanel No 5, as that never turned on her and always smelt wonderful - I still find the smell of it comforting, but I can never wear it as it reminds me too much of her.

In my early 20s I settled on Gio, not long after it was released, and although I now find it quite a heavy perfume it suited me at the time. I've never worn perfume frequently and I found that Gio was too heavy for daily wear, so I still have that first bottle! By 1996 I was working in the Duty Free shop at the Channel Tunnel and was looking for a new perfume, after my crew had a particularly successful month we were given a choice of a perfume tester bottle, and I'd had my eye on XS Pour Elle as it was a lighter fragrance and more suited to my tastes at that time. So I ended up with a large bottle of that to wear as an everyday scent. But just as with other perfumes, after a few hours of wear I tended to find that XS turned and became quite heavy on me - and gave me headaches - again, I still have that original bottle.

Knowing that my Mum had the same problem, and only Chanel worked for her, I was pleased when Allure was released because I had already decided Chanel was going to be my best shot at a good scent, and Allure sounded like a younger fragrance. I also wanted a Chanel which would smell like me, and not like my Mum! I took a day trip to France with my then fiance (now husband) and he encouraged me to try the Allure, if it suited me we would buy a bottle. The idea was that we would take our day trip and if we both liked the scent by the return journey we would buy a bottle on our way home - but by the time we'd gone round the Duty Free shop we already knew that this was THE fragrance for me, and bought a bottle of the Eau de Toilette there and then. I still have that bottle - and it's still as good as ever! I only wear it for special occasions, and need the smallest amount - I find that it lasts well into the next day. It's the only fragrance that I've found to work consistently with my body chemistry. I also love that it's available in so many formats, and particularly love the Bath Gel. I bought myself another bottle of that when I took a trip to the Channel Islands a couple of weeks ago, as I love it for a special pampering bath. My husband still loves it when I wear Allure, he says it smells like me...

It was interesting to read that this scent was developed so that it would work with a person's body chemistry to create a unique fragrance. Clearly Chanel's fragrance team had people like me in mind, and I am so grateful that this perfume was created. I really don't know what I'd do without it. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who has had problems with other perfumes turning.

Popular Fragrances