3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I would actually sneak some of this cream on in the morning because *surprise!* this cream belonged to an ex, who had a mom that really liked the finer things in life. The scent of this cream is relaxing and calming. So destressing - and energizing!!! The formulation is something inbetween a cream and a gel, but I definitely warn against applying too much because it can give you milia spots. It absorbs very quickly but it's not so moisturizing if you have drier skin. This product is a definite splurge but it's not very different from any other normal moisturizer.

About reviewer (192 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

The scent is heavenly and although scented facial moisturizers usually cause redness on my complexion, this one does no harm. The texture is light and gel-like, and it absorbs quickly. It’s a great summer moisturizer. Not emollient enough for the dry, cold winters we experience in the Midwest. Doesn’t break out my very sensitive skin and works like a charm in the summer. I took a lippie off because it’s a very seasonal product and also the price is way too steep for something that’s nice but ordinary.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I have three 15mil white tubes with a green cap of a lancome product with this words on it: "Energie de vie la creme d'eau lissante & repulpante" or " The Smoothing & Plumping Water-infused Cream" I don't know whether it's the same product as the one in this page or not It's almost scentless,lets put it this way:it smells like cream!and has a light,lotion-like texture.well,something between lotion and cream.on it's back it's written: All skin types,even sensitive.apply daily after your lotion I sometimes use it after my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+,other times after Lancome Genifique Serum.it gives a pretty glow to skin,and makes my skin look a bit smoother and better hydrated.that's the only effect I can observe,no moisturizing. it looks to me as a primer with illuminating effects so I couldn't decided to try it with my foundation which was a bad idea.I can see that it can make a perfect primer for others but for me,I couldn't spread my foundation over my face or blend it and after a lot of rubbing to spread my foundation,I was left with a terrible cakey,patchy finish .once again I was proved that I can't use anything except a super moisturizing cream or lotion as my makeup base Fortunately I could find a great use out of it.on the days that I'm not in the mood of wearing foundation,I just use concealer around my eyes,apply my day cream and then this one.whenever I do that I feel I don't need any foundation at all because it makes my natural skin look healthy and glowy. after discovering the perfect,smooth and radiant look it gives my skin,I have rarely used any foundation. For now I'm not sure whether I will repurchase it or not.I'm just beginning to play with it and I still don't know how long it's effect lasts on.my skin.if this photoshoped look lasts for at least two or three hours and it doesn't cause breakouts or dryness as silicone primers tend to cause in my case,I definitely will repurchase it Edit: Reading my review seems strange to me now.I should have had severly dry skin back then to not feel this cream's moisturizing effect! Now whenever I use it after my hydrating serums (Clinique Even Better Essence or The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum) I find no need to put on another moisturizing cream as this one is enough to keep my skin hydrated for at least half a day.It's light weight,gives my skin such a gorgeous glow and doesn't break me out so yes,I believe it's a good product but I don't think I'd repurchase because Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal Ultra Moisturizing Gel Cream gives me the exact same affect and costs a fraction of price

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

Didn’t like this at all. I used it for a few weeks and the night cream and didn’t see any difference. My skin didn’t look more awake or energized. Didn’t break me out so it gets 3 lippies.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

1.0

2 years ago

I got a one-use sample and used it on my face and neck. Didn't seem to do much for me and now, 3 days later, my face and neck are COVERED in tiny bumps. My skin is not particularly sensitive and I have used other Lancome face products with no ill effects. I look awful and I'm probably going to have to visit my dermatologist now. Grrrrr.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesHazel

2.0

3 years ago

I used the sample jar I was given faithfully for over a month and saw no difference at all in my skin! Don't waste your $$

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

5 years ago

<object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/N6SkLIJwGfE"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/N6SkLIJwGfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

5 years ago

I didn't like this at all. It smelled weird, like melting vinyl toys. The texture was greasy and heavy. And it did nothing for my skin, broke me out, in fact. YUCK. Pass on this. There are better creams and lotions which can you similar benefits without the grease feeling.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I recently tried this at a Sephora VIB Rouge event. I liked the smell and the feel on the skin. I use the cream at night and the lotion in the morning and at night. There is a night cream, but it is more of a sleep mask product. Overall, my skin feels softer and smoother. I have irritation in the form of flaking around my chin from using tretenoin cream from my plastic surgeon, and that is gradually clearing, so I am happy with that. It is my understanding that this product is popular in Asia, and has skin lightening properties and I have seen some results. I would re-purchase this.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

5 years ago

I recently purchased this product out of frustration with my current skin products. Overall I am happy, my skin looks smooth and bright and feels nice. I have been having trouble with break outs lately and this has really helped to actually clear them up and heal the scabs from older blemishes. Yes, I admit it smells like crap. The accent goes away after a few minutes though. $55 is still pretty expensive (I was using Aveeno before so big difference) but compared to Lancome's other creams it's pretty reasonable. A little bit goes a long way with this product so it will last which makes the price easier to justify. I have combination skin with acne issues and although this cream is thick it isn't greasy or too heavy, just feels rich and luxurious which I love.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29