Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon

No Image

3.0

In my older age I have bags under my eyes now. Every single day. So I went to look for some under eye concealer. I was hoping to find something easy to apply that had no chemical sunscreen; this is what the SA recommended. It doesn't dissolve as the day progresses (I have oily skin) and helps to mask the shadows from the bags. It's easy to apply--you just swipe it on and I pat the edges with my ring finger to blend. I would probably repurchase although I might also look for another product if I had time, just to see what's out there (since this is basically my first under eye concealer).

on 7/27/2016 3:46:00 AM

Packaging could be a little bit better when I put the lid on I always hit the top of the product. But no huge deal. This product is truly a hidden treasure in the line I'm so glad I finally tried. Honestly I never had any interest in it and Bought it on a whim... It's perfect it's creamy it is not cakey and does not settle in to fine lines and is slightly dewy it's not drying and the price isn't too bad . LOVE

on 1/6/2015 11:19:00 AM

This line is very hit or miss with me, and this concealer is definitely the latter. I have this in fair, and the color is fine for me, but the product isn't. I think maybe a concealer with argan oil in it just isn't practical. It is too oily and slippery, yet somehow, also settles into fine lines and accentuates dry patches.

on 11/23/2015 11:19:00 PM

I wanted to try this for ages, but it was always out of stock in my color...fair. I finally purchased it, and can't say I'm pleased. The color was slightly off....it has a lot of yellow in it. Secondly, the formula is rather thick. It can be patted out, but it takes work. Lastly, it settles into fine lines, and accentuates pores and dry patches. I haven't decided whether or not to return it. Maybelline Fit works much better, for a fraction of the price. You may want to avoid if you have pores, fine lines, or dry patches.

I've been using this concealer for a year and I love it. The texture is creamy and easy to blend. The color (fair) does a great job with the darkness around my eyes and redness around my nose, the pigment is dense, and you can layer it to make it more or less concealing. All i need is this and powder, and I'm good to go. It lasts all day, including when I sweat, and looks great on camera. It took me a long time to find a cruelty free concealer that really works, and this is it for me. Will definitely buy again.

on 6/21/2016 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is just okay. It swatched beautifully in the store and was seemed to be sort of mid-priced (more expensive than the drugstore but not the most expensive thing in Sephora). I initially liked it because of the effortless creamy application and the perfect color-match, but there's nothing too special about it. It doesn't last incredibly long (although it does fade evenly) and it never truly sets, so I always have to set this with powder if I don't want it to remain slippery. The main drawback for me is that all my mascaras smudge with this.
Bottom line: I'll use it until it's gone, but I'm ready for something different.

on 8/1/2014 2:55:00 PM

I have horrible deep circles under my eyes. I'll try anything. I like creamy textures and this is nice to apply. Alas, it slides off me within minutes. No point.

on 6/1/2014 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this concealer for my dry skin. It doesn't initially provide too much coverage but its completely buildable. Medium 1 is perfect for nc40

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is great for covering pimples as long as you put foundation and powder over it to set it- when they say it's creamy, they're not kidding. This stuff will slide right off if you don't use a setting product, but the lightest shade blends so well with my skin tone and covers up acne that it's worth the extra step.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am disappointed in this product. The only positive is the easy-to-use packaging, which is what appealed to me in the first place. Past that, I feel this is not an effective concealer. It comes off very easily and doesn't last at all. In fact, I'd be more inclined to cover any blemishes with an average foundation than use this concealer pen. I have used it to try and cover blemishes and it literally comes straight off and makes no difference. The only success (somewhat) I've had with it is for use under my eyes, however it still creases into lines and slides off. I regret purchasing this concealer, especially due to the price.