ICON Stained Glass I.C.O.N.

ICON Stained Glass I.C.O.N.

1 review

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have reviewed this product on amazon as well cause I was so impressed. My specialty really is copper hair dye because over the years I have been trying to find my favorite color which was discontinued. I came across both the orange and the copper and decided to give it a go. The copper color had more brown in it then I would want, which I find is a common problem among red and oranges, as it often overpowers the color and I find most people do not lighten they're hair enough to need it. Most people have a slightly brown, blondish shade already. The color I liked was orange. But it wasn't the color that impressed me. It was the consistency.

This is a temporary dye, in-between, glossy color it will not last long (most red and oranges don't) but WOah you will have nice hair in between. I mean seriously I routinely highlight my hair with blue, green, white all sorts of stuff so its pretty fried and this made my hair look super shiney, and like it had never seen a blowdryer. I felt like a hair commercial.

What I am not impressed with is the price. I have long hair and I can get about 3 colors out of each bottle (nice packaging by the way). They last a little over a week and half at super bright (which is what I expect for a temporary) and a couple weeks at less bright. That means theoretically I could go through a bottle every month or two if I was trying to keep my hair consistent and each bottle is about 40-50 bucks and not easily available.

So as much as I would like to stop my search here at this holy grail. I'll keep looking. I tried sebastian cellophanes as well after some suggestions and did not find the same result with regards to shine. I also have tried other "shine, gloss, clear coat" colors that just don't even approach this.

*update - this product is now harder to come by but the price point has changed significantly to $10! This product is now my favorite for temporary, in-between color which as a faux redhead, it almost the same as saying a permanent hair dye. I also like using it on friends who want to flirt with a fun color for a bit but not commit.

Popular Hair Color Products