SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

3.0

Water Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Triethylhexanoin, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Trehalose, Peg-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Behenic Acid, Alcohol, Carbomer, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Betaine, Fragrance, Silica, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycyl Glycine, Sodium Metabisulfite, Disodium Edta, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Lamium Album Flower Extract, Citrus Junos Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Zingiber Aromaticus Extract, Benzoic Acid.

on 7/2/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This moisturizer together with the softener really helps me to reduce my acnes. I stopped using the gentle cleanser because it clogs my pores and causes more giant acnes. Let me tell you, don't use it as a day moisturizer... It can cause you to get cystic acnes. It happens to me. When I only use it at night, my skin so much better than before...

I bought the Ibuki kit from Sephora containing cleanser, softener, moisturizer for $25 about one month ago. I was having a small breakout on my forehead and thought that this kit might be the answer to alleviating the breakout. Well, I think my skin is in even worse condition now with more zits on my forehead and this massive cystic one on my chin. I'm really bummed because I haven't had this kind of acne since I was in my teens. I'm pushing 40, so now I have wrinkles and acne (wracne). It's awesome. The Ibuki products feel great on my skin. I like the feel of my skin after using the Ibuki cleanser. It feels a lot like Lancôme's Creme Radiance cleanser; gentle and clean. Not too over drying. The softener and moisturizer feel light, but with my oily skin and t-zone, I am left with more of an oily mess at the end of the day. I really wanted to like this skincare line but am quite disappointed and wouldn't recommend this to people with oily skin or acne prone skin. I am going to try just using the cleanser and see if there are any improvements. At least the sampler didn't drain my entire bank account as would the full size products.

on 3/6/2014 10:43:00 AM

I received a deluxe sample size of this with my last Sephora order. I'm almost out of my current daytime moisturizer and was hoping I'd like this enough to purchase a full-size. Nope.

It's a lightweight moisturizer that sinks in quickly, doesn't make me feel greasy or break me out, but THE SMELL! It's so heavily fragranced like perfume I just can't take it.

I also don't care for the packaging. The deluxe sample came in a small tube with a large, bulbous screw-on cap. The opening for the product to be dispensed out of is medium sized but I have to tap it on my hand for any product to come out. You can't squeeze the tube because it's hard plastic, so it's not user-friendly at all.