SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

3.7

Water Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Triethylhexanoin, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Trehalose, Peg-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Behenic Acid, Alcohol, Carbomer, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Betaine, Fragrance, Silica, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycyl Glycine, Sodium Metabisulfite, Disodium Edta, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Lamium Album Flower Extract, Citrus Junos Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Zingiber Aromaticus Extract, Benzoic Acid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Too highly perfumed, irritated my skin.

on 10/23/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been my moisturiser of choice since around May this year. Started with a mini bottle from a gwp and when that was finished I purchased the full size. A bit pricey but well worth it for me, especially considering there's products out there that cost much much more than this one.

I love the runny, liquid-y texture. I use two pumps for face, neck, and decollete area. It takes a couple of minutes to sink it, so I make sure to apply it after washing my face in the morning to have my face prepped for sunscreen and makeup.
I also use it in the evening after removing makeup and cleansing.
It has great moisturising capabilities, my skin often used to get dehydrated and so far there have been very few products which kept it in nice condition. It's holding up even with the weather changing into autumn/winter which is absolutely fab for me. I normally had to change my routine when the weather changed.

It doesn't leave a greasy film or any residue at all. My skin just 'drinks' this up - when I wash my face in the morning I don't feel it was just sitting there waiting to be washed off.

It comes with a pump bottle which makes it easy to apply. Due to it being opaque, I won't know exactly when it's running out but I don't mind it.
I also kept the mini bottle to decant the product in case I need to travel somewhere so I don't have to go without it.

Has a faint, pleasant scent which I didn't find irritating at all, thankfully.
All in all, it's brilliant. Really happy I tried it and will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've had this product for a little less than a month now, but the product has worked wonders on my skin. I did not get the full product since I was only given a sample. My skin is fairly dry/normal except for my t-zone, which is oily. My skin regimen every morning is: 1) Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser 2) Shiseido Ibuki Softening Concentrate 3) Shiseido Ibiuki Moisturizer. At night, it's the same thing except 1) Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser. All these products have treated my skin well. I've already seen improvements with my acne and redness. I'm even already getting compliments! I was recently at a birthday party on Independence Day and the facepaint lady told me I had amazing skin because the star stencil she was using was creating crisp streaks, unlike other clients who ended up with blotches and messy stars. I told her it was because of this Ibuki line and surprisingly enough, she was using it too! We both raved on how well it worked for the rest of the time she did my facepaint. I'm already running out of this product because I got the sample, but next time I head to a Shiseido booth, I am definitely going to purchase this product.

I may be in the minority, but I'm super happy about the revamp of the original "The Skincare". The old formulas were too harsh and heavy for my skin (the extra gentle cream cleanser was not gentle at all) and made me breakout. After getting through winter with no issues, my skin suddenly started drying up at the start of spring. I ditched my current skincare regimen when I realised it wasn't doing anything for me. Even my faithful Avene Skin Recovery Cream couldn't fix the flakes. I decided to go back to basics and being addicted to Japanese skincare at the moment, I bought the softener and refining moisturizer. After one week my skin is back to normal and if anything, it's in even better condition than before! The moisturizer comes in a hygienic pump bottle and feels super concentrated - I only need a pea sized amount (no joke) for my whole face. It sinks in rapidly and in the morning my face feels so smooth! Yes it contains fragrance (which I know is a big no-no but I'm not sensitive to it) but that just makes the whole line look and feel so luxurious. Will definitely buy again.

This whole line has really dramatically cleared all my acne up! I'm not someone who's suffered with acne. I didn't get real "acne" until I turned 19 and it all went down hill from there! My skin got horrible! But I bought the sample size of this whole line for 25 dollars from sephora and it included the cleaner, softener, and this moisturizer! I've already went back and purchased full sized products because I can see a difference not only in appearance as we'll as the texture of my skin! I'm someone who suffers from dramatically dry skin tho and I don't have any problems and people I know who have super slippery oily skin and the absolutely love it as we'll! I should also say that I put the cleanser on my face with the Boscai sponge! Check it out.. This skin care line& that tool has defiantly made me feel a lot more confident in my skin!

on 10/21/2013 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Awful product! I so wanted to like this...but it really doesnt deliver.
It leaves an oily film on the skin...even though I used very little product. The skin just doesnt absorb it! My face would be so oily in the mornings after using this...after a few days I started to break out and my pores were clogged and even larger than before. I looked at the ingredients with a friend whos a dermathologist and he told me there is NO single ingredient that would make your pores smaller or keep you blemish free.
Really dissapoiting.
The only nice thing is the package.