SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Straight
SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

2.3

Water Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Triethylhexanoin, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Trehalose, Peg-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Behenic Acid, Alcohol, Carbomer, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Betaine, Fragrance, Silica, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycyl Glycine, Sodium Metabisulfite, Disodium Edta, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Lamium Album Flower Extract, Citrus Junos Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Zingiber Aromaticus Extract, Benzoic Acid.

on 7/10/2016 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used to almost finished the first bottle and realised i can't continue using it as i was have little pimples developing on my skin. Its such a shame, it was a very light and moisturising moisturizer for the mornings before you put makeup on. Maybe if you had tough skin you would probably be able to pull this off but my skin is slightly sensitive and pimple prone.

I will not be re-purchasing again.

on 1/4/2016 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Irritating! I don't even have sensitive skin but fragrance, alcohol, and irritants are not good for anyone's face. Especially from a line that's advertised as gentle.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

I used this 3 times. Should have stopped after the first. I paid $70 Canadian for this and I feel like its money I could have flushed down the toilet. To be fair, drier skin or users with smaller pores may love this. It gave me horrible cystic acne and I regret every use and penny spent on it.

on 10/17/2014 9:14:00 AM

I have a deluxe sample of this which I was trying out for a while. Although I read up a lot on the science of this product and what it is supposed to do, I did not find that this moisturizer infused my skin with moisture. On the contrary, I found that it was still needing some extra moisture after application, especially under makeup and powder. This is a lightweight almost gel-like moisturizer which feels very silky on the skin. That being said, although I do not feel that it was super moisturizing, I noticed that my skin still managed to get a bit shiny throughout the day. I would not purchase the full-sized moisturizer.

I bought the travel trio (cleanser, lotion toner and moisturizer) and out of the whole set I liked this product the best. It is a really light moisturizer. On days that my skin is on the dryer side I need to layer this with a serum. It doesn't break me out even though it does have a "soapy" fragrance to it. It's one of the few moisturizers that doesn't full on irritate my skin or cause it to erupt in pimples. When I ran out of the travel size, I bought the full size. Pretty good!

Update: Although this still doesn't break me out, it's not really doing me any real favors either. The alcohol keeps me from developing any major blemishes, but it has also started to irritate my skin.

on 5/27/2014 9:29:00 AM

Doing a review on all 3 products. This is the second line from Shiseido I have tried (I love the Pureness line in summer!!). I got a sample pack from the place I work at (Shoppers Drugmart), tried it for 2 weeks couldn't love it. A month went by (yes I still had product in the bottles using day and night lol), and I saw no difference in my skin except that I was getting little bumps on my forehead. My favourite from this whole line was the cleanser as it cleaned off most of my make up and my skin didn't feel tight (I do have oily skin and usually products leave my skin tight) There's a tie for 2nd best as I kind of liked the moisturizer more than the Softener.. only reason is because I didn't really see a difference in my skin with the Softener than what I noticed with the moisturizer. I did use the Moisturizer both day and night, I do have oily skin and I was fine.. could be because the weather was still cold in Canada. The smell of the products did bug me but it went away throughout the day which was good but I think my skin got a reaction from the perfume. This line is expensive but because I get a discount it was okay but would I rebuy again? Nope. Pureness is still my favourite line from this.

on 3/30/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What a shame. I had used the Skincare range growing up and was looking to return after being on Estee Lauder's Hydrationist for the past 7 years. I received a sample for Myers Sydney and tested it. I thought it might trigger a breakout since it had an overpowering fragrance smell which did not exist in the old Skincare range.

I was right - it broke out in painful cystic pimples the following morning (ouch!) My skin is difficult at the best of times - it is thin, prone to hormonal breakouts caused by coming off Yazmin and it's combination dry so unfortunately, another moisturiser I can't use. While I try to preserve when testing and use it for at least 2 weeks, the amount of damage it managed to do to my skin after only 1 night was enough for me to know this is not the right moisturiser for me.

on 3/6/2014 10:43:00 AM

I received a deluxe sample size of this with my last Sephora order. I'm almost out of my current daytime moisturizer and was hoping I'd like this enough to purchase a full-size. Nope.

It's a lightweight moisturizer that sinks in quickly, doesn't make me feel greasy or break me out, but THE SMELL! It's so heavily fragranced like perfume I just can't take it.

I also don't care for the packaging. The deluxe sample came in a small tube with a large, bulbous screw-on cap. The opening for the product to be dispensed out of is medium sized but I have to tap it on my hand for any product to come out. You can't squeeze the tube because it's hard plastic, so it's not user-friendly at all.